JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Re: JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

Postby JDHalfrack » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Brain wrote:Do you mean "not very well known" as in nobody has tried to make use of it in some sort of a tool? Or nobody remembers?

Great question! Personally, I think the answer is both. I have the formula memorized at this point as it's the only formula I ever use to generate overall values, but it was so complicated, people liked the "rough estimate" formulas (and I don't blame them). Changing the values is also a pain because you have to extract a database (I think #12) from the DBs.dat file, then edit the PORC table in the the database, then insert it back in, then test it in game. To test one value takes like 5 minutes of work. Quite tedious.

The other weird thing is that you cannot add ratings into the formula. For example, you can't add "Tackling" into the QB formula. It will adjust negatively for it (as in it will always assume the value is 0, and therefore lower the OVR of the QB), but it won't positively add to the OVR (for example, if you set it to 99). Weird.

Anyway, I'll attach the spreadsheet that has the data and the formula (kind of) in it. It's just sheet 1. sheet 2 and 3 are some weird things I was experimenting with back in the day.

Good luck!

JD
Attachments
Madden Overall Ratings.zip
(49.68 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

Brain
Rookie

Postby Brain » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Thank you so much! Hopefully someone is going to figure it out at some point. Unfortunately it likely won't be me since I don't think I've got the skills to pull it off. Maybe I'm gonna try someday :)

ryan1407
Rookie

Postby ryan1407 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:13 am

Anyone still have a working file of this? My computer says the file is corrupted.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:41 pm

ryan1407 wrote:Anyone still have a working file of this? My computer says the file is corrupted.

I have it. If the files aren't fixed in the upcoming days I may post it. Just remind me in about a week if it still doesn't work.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

gkats5513
Rookie

Postby gkats5513 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:04 am

RevanFan wrote:
ryan1407 wrote:Anyone still have a working file of this? My computer says the file is corrupted.

I have it. If the files aren't fixed in the upcoming days I may post it. Just remind me in about a week if it still doesn't work.

Can you please post it for the rest of us? Thanks!

jesse100190
All-Pro

Postby jesse100190 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:26 pm

could you upload it for us revan i had to reset operating system and forgot to put it into my onedrive

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:08 am

jesse100190 wrote:could you upload it for us revan i had to reset operating system and forgot to put it into my onedrive

I don't want to upload it without permission, but I will PM him, and if I don't hear from him after a while, I may upload it.
My Cowboys Journal

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:54 pm

If you're referring to files that are mine, go ahead and upload it. Any files of mine were always treated by me as files for the community.

My only regret is that I never got around to perfecting this utility. It could have been one of my greatest.

Life... Kids... Education... always get in the way... but in a good way! :)

Anyway, hope all are well!

JD

jesse100190
All-Pro

Postby jesse100190 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:31 pm

even using the wayback machine still same thing for the files

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am

jesse100190 wrote:even using the wayback machine still same thing for the files

Wayback machine won't work when the attachment itself has been corrupted. I have this file on another computer. When I get a chance, I'll upload it.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Utilities”