JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Re: JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

Postby JDHalfrack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:21 am

DrBrownsFan wrote:For the KR and PR depth, would it be possible to order CPU depth charts by speed? I feel like that would give the best performance as to making the depth charts the most optimal...

I had originally thought of that, and in the end, that is what I'll have to do. The problem is that means yet ANOTHER function. You'd actually be surprised how tedious and long the "auto order" function is, and that's just basing it off of what order a player was drafted. I'll revisit that one, though. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty impressive that I have it doing what it is right now! (not trying to pat myself on the back, lol)

JD

Sponsor

Sponsor

leftwing
Pro Bowl

Postby leftwing » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:53 am

edit

leftwing
Pro Bowl

Postby leftwing » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:59 am

Being able to save the current status of the draft at any point seems very important to me! I noticed the tendency of the utility to freeze for some reason in the high 30 or low 40 rounds. I can still navigate through all player columns and save the file, but the "Draft selected player" button freezes as if the draft has finished. Actually I drafted a nice team and the utility freezed in round 43. I thought I could just save the file and load it in-game and let the CPU sign the few players left. However, the CPU is dump enough to rather sign 50 OVR free agents than 80 OVR free agents at the same position. Normally the CPU just goes after the best OVR free agent to fill an open roster spot, but for some reason it does not...

As for the KR/PR, there is a kick return rating that is more important than just speed. The higher KR rating the higher the awareness of the blockers, which is the most important part of a kick return. A player with 97 speed and an average KR rating will do much worse than a player with just 90 speed but KR in the 90s. And usually those with high KR have pretty good speed too.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 am

leftwing wrote:Being able to save the current status of the draft at any point seems very important to me! I noticed the tendency of the utility to freeze for some reason in the high 30 or low 40 rounds.

Interesting... I have not had it freeze yet. I will keep trying to make it freeze and see what I can do.

leftwing wrote:As for the KR/PR, there is a kick return rating that is more important than just speed.

You are correct. I forgot about that! I will use the PKRT value to sort Kick/Punt returners. That should at least it about 95% accurate. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do on the weekends because my computer here at home SUUUUUUUCKS.... :( It runs so bad these days... So, I will have to wait until Monday to add new changes.

JD

leftwing
Pro Bowl

Postby leftwing » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:53 am

The freezing occurs when I click to draft a player late in the draft. One reason could be that there are just a couple of players left at certain positions (primarily OL). Another reason could be that it always occurs when I do changes at the maximum players per positoin prior to the draft. When I do autodraft it never freezes though.

A problem that occured in your 2.0 version but not in the earlier versions is that always when I change the position column, the bar scrolls to the bottom and I have to scroll up, very annoying.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 pm

leftwing wrote:The freezing occurs when I click to draft a player late in the draft. One reason could be that there are just a couple of players left at certain positions (primarily OL). Another reason could be that it always occurs when I do changes at the maximum players per positoin prior to the draft. When I do autodraft it never freezes though.

A problem that occured in your 2.0 version but not in the earlier versions is that always when I change the position column, the bar scrolls to the bottom and I have to scroll up, very annoying.

Two things: first, I just wrote code for auto-arranging based on KR and it works great. Second, yeah.... I have NO idea why it auto scrolls to the bottom. I have tried everything I can to fix that.... it's pissing me off. I feel like there should be an obvious PlayersDataGrid."ScrollToTop" function or something... but there isn't. I will get that figured out hopefully.

As far as your freezing goes, try to find an exact time it does it every time (not exact round, but just exact circumstance) and send me the franchise and the settings you're using. I'll see if I can duplicate it.

JD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I have experienced no freezing. In fact, I haven't seen a single glitch with the utility itself when running a normal franchise (no PS team.)
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Okay, version 2.1 has been released in the original post.

Version 2.1 (11/16/13):
- Should open and handle franchises with a practice squad (BETA)
- Players are listed as having been "Acquired in Fantasy Draft"
- Okay.... NOW I've fixed the contract issue...
- Fixed the kick/punt returner depth chart issues
- Fixed the scrolling issue where the player list wouldn't scroll to the top after switching search criteria

I know there are still things a lot of you would like me to add, and a lot of them are good ideas. But, right now, I'm trying to iron out the basics of the utility. All suggestions are still welcomed, though!

JD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Another things with the jersey numbers. Wide receivers are being given numbers outside of their range. Numbers in the 20s mostly. That's the only issue I've noticed thus far.

EDIT: Running backs are still getting single digit jersey numbers. Running backs and fullbacks.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:30 pm

RevanFan wrote:Another things with the jersey numbers. Wide receivers are being given numbers outside of their range. Numbers in the 20s mostly. That's the only issue I've noticed thus far.

EDIT: Running backs are still getting single digit jersey numbers. Running backs and fullbacks.

You're right.... it's definitely doing something weird, but I don't know why. The code doesn't allow for it (unless the number previously assigned was already illegal). But, that is not what is going on.....

I'm so freaking confused....

JD

Return to “Utilities”