Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

AaronS
MVP

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby AaronS » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:37 am

elguapo wrote:I tried using the xbox function to open a regular bigendian file and I got an error. I think it is looking for a specific Xbox DB file.

Can you post an extracted DB file out of horizon?

Here is the default roster extracted from horizon.

No success with the above attempt, btw... When inserting the file back into Horizon, it doubled the file size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:08 am

AaronS wrote:
elguapo wrote:I tried using the xbox function to open a regular bigendian file and I got an error. I think it is looking for a specific Xbox DB file.

No success with the above attempt, btw... When inserting the file back into Horizon, it doubled the file size.

The specific Xbox function will not load the roster. However, the roster has an MC02 header kinda like the fbchunks that can be stripped leaving the DB file that can be loaded in the DB editor. Once edited, recompile the DB file with the MC02 header and upload it using horizon.

I added the MC02 function to the DB editor so you can just open the horizon (MC02) DB file.

It may not work with Windows 10 since I used the old C# compiler. (I'm doing some house cleaning on my laptop and I need to install the newer C# compiler)

MDB19v2.3b.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:49 am

elguapo wrote:
AaronS wrote:

The specific Xbox function will not load the roster. However, the roster has an MC02 header kinda like the fbchunks that can be stripped leaving the DB file that can be loaded in the DB editor. Once edited, recompile the DB file with the MC02 header and upload it using horizon.

I added the MC02 function to the DB editor so you can just open the horizon (MC02) DB file.

It may not work with Windows 10 since I used the old C# compiler. (I'm doing some house cleaning on my laptop and I need to install the newer C# compiler)

MDB19v2.3b.zip

I salute you! (sincerely!)

I've got an offline Win7 machine if this doesn't work on my laptop.

Thanks so much.

.. my buddy had a modded 360 laying around. I was going to toy with the game files (to the limited extent that I could) If you want me to post anything you think may be helpful, let me know.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:56 pm

I noticed the franchise file also has an MC02 header but it's a different length than the roster's so I'm going to have have the DB editor search the header for the DB file. At the moment the DB editor searches specific spots on the DB file. That way any future rosters with different header lengths can be loaded if they contain a DB file.

Return to “Utilities”