Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby elguapo » Wed May 22, 2019 1:51 pm

TeeNice wrote:I haven't tried this one yet. I have a simple question. Can this tool be used to extract a individual player from one roster file play table and inject the player into a franchise files play table too be added to team? Reason is beginning of the season, there were guys who were on the jinx main roster file in reserve FA group and not the regular FA group. Starting the franchise eliminated the reserve FA pool. And I want to add the players to the correct team as the season progresses. Using NZA, I would assign them to a team, then in madden 08 I would modify their contract.\\

Hope is a big word!

There is no option to export/import single players (or records/rows) and have it automatically take care of their PGID, POID, TGID, depth chart...etc.

There are workarounds like Rixter pointed out if you know what you are doing.

The roster and franchise TABLES have different number of fields and if you just wanted to copy players (records) from the roster to the franchise I would convert the roster to franchise so that both roster and franchise TABLES have the same number of fields.

So open up the roster with MDB19 and export the PLAY table.

Open the PLAY in Excel and delete all the team players that are not transferred to the franchise file. You should have players from the reserved FA Pool, Practice Squads...etc. left. Save the spreadsheet.

Go into Madden an create a franchise. It doesn't matter which roster you use, this franchise will be tmp file for the reserved FA pool and others.

Using MDB19 open the tmp franchise. Scroll down to the PLAY table. Go to file and import the roster PLAY table. You should now have a converted PLAY table. Either export that PLAY table or save the tmp franchise for later use.

To add a player from the tmp franchise to your current franchise, export both PLAY tables with MDB19. Open both PLAY tables with Excel and copy the players from the tmp franchise to your current franchise adjusting the TGID, PGID, POID...etc. Save your current PLAY spreadsheet.

Using MDB19, open your current franchise, scroll down to the PLAY table and import your edited current PLAY table and save.

Sponsor

Sponsor

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 pm

elguapo wrote:
TeeNice wrote:I haven't tried this one yet. I have a simple question. Can this tool be used to extract a individual player from one roster file play table and inject the player into a franchise files play table too be added to team? Reason is beginning of the season, there were guys who were on the jinx main roster file in reserve FA group and not the regular FA group. Starting the franchise eliminated the reserve FA pool. And I want to add the players to the correct team as the season progresses. Using NZA, I would assign them to a team, then in madden 08 I would modify their contract.\\

Hope is a big word!

There is no option to export/import single players (or records/rows) and have it automatically take care of their PGID, POID, TGID, depth chart...etc.

There are workarounds like Rixter pointed out if you know what you are doing.

The roster and franchise TABLES have different number of fields and if you just wanted to copy players (records) from the roster to the franchise I would convert the roster to franchise so that both roster and franchise TABLES have the same number of fields.

So open up the roster with MDB19 and export the PLAY table.

Open the PLAY in Excel and delete all the team players that are not transferred to the franchise file. You should have players from the reserved FA Pool, Practice Squads...etc. left. Save the spreadsheet.

Go into Madden an create a franchise. It doesn't matter which roster you use, this franchise will be tmp file for the reserved FA pool and others.

Using MDB19 open the tmp franchise. Scroll down to the PLAY table. Go to file and import the roster PLAY table. You should now have a converted PLAY table. Either export that PLAY table or save the tmp franchise for later use.

To add a player from the tmp franchise to your current franchise, export both PLAY tables with MDB19. Open both PLAY tables with Excel and copy the players from the tmp franchise to your current franchise adjusting the TGID, PGID, POID...etc. Save your current PLAY spreadsheet.

Using MDB19, open your current franchise, scroll down to the PLAY table and import your edited current PLAY table and save.

Sounds more detailed than I imagined. Do the unique ID's go for FA pools too? I read another post of yours Elguapo about another utility, the rating ripper! Where you could rip players and their ratings only from cvs and import them and to another roster file. Can you add all of that ripper functionality into this DB editor? I was thinking I would open the roster A and move the players I want to from reserve FA pool to regular FA pool, then export only the FA portion of the play table by selecting only TGID 1007 which is the FA team ID. Then merge it with my franchise existing fa pool. I imagine if I add 20 players to the FA pool. I would delete the same of players from the existing FA pool according to the respective position. If I add 4 Wr's, 7 OL etc, I remove the same to keep the total # of the FA pool accurate and not over the limit!

Just Maybe!

Thanks for the reply

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed May 22, 2019 6:09 pm

What you want to do is described above.

For example if you want to move 20 players from the tmp franchise to your current franchise, copy those players and then change their TGID to 1009. That would put the players in the FA pool of your current franchise.

As for the DB editor ripping ratings would be very down the line. Those kinds of swaps can be accomplished with Excel.

Rixster67r
MVP

Postby Rixster67r » Wed May 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Just wanted to let you know that when you export a roster file to csv from the NZA editor it is exactly the same as a franchise file except Team id's and header.....

You could overwrite the players like you were saying one for one...... in this case just copy and paste all columns in the row except player id,team id, and poid id that way you dont' create duplicate id's causing you to visit crasha de desktoppa

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Thu May 23, 2019 7:38 pm

elguapo wrote:What you want to do is described above.

For example if you want to move 20 players from the tmp franchise to your current franchise, copy those players and then change their TGID to 1009. That would put the players in the FA pool of your current franchise.

As for the DB editor ripping ratings would be very down the line. Those kinds of swaps can be accomplished with Excel.

Thanks for the tips and info Elguapo. I still downloaded the ripper and watched the video. Nice effort and It has potential to be better if you had time to tweak it! I'm going to play with it too!

Rixster67r wrote:Yes but you will have to do some stuff to make it work.......

Open the original roster in NZA editor and export to csv and make note of the team id that the players you want are on....

Open your franchise file in the db editor and export the play table to csv.......

Open db csv and scroll to the last column and delete the number that is all by itself......

Open the nza csv and locate and copy the players you want to add to the franchise....

Open db csv and sort the spreadsheet from smallest to largest under player id column then scroll to the last row and make note of the largest player id and poid id (these are by each other on both sides of the team id) then select the first box in the the first empty row and paste your copied players to the csv...... make sure everything is lined up if the players names are lined up you should be good..... then change player ids and poid ids to a sequence with the numbers you made note of earlier and change team id to 1009 to add them to free agents save and exit

Import csv back to db editor under the play table and save.... then open in the game and check to see if players are in free agent list

I'm going to make it work. I think using his ripper tool cand automate most of these steps.

Thank Rixter67r

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:15 am

MDB19 v2.0 Beta
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v7g1ykmi9t4x1d3/MDB19_v2.0b.7z/file

Added Export/Import Record(s). It allows the ability to export/import [x] number of records to the current table. When importing records the following fields are imported with the next available spot.

CITY: CYID
STAD: SGID
PLAY: PGID
TEAM: TGID

It's beta so there is no error check if you go over the table count. I'm thinking of adding an option to "Auto-Count" the mention TABLE and fields just in case you want to import records "as is". Hopefully the db editor will import team.dbt files just as in Madden in a future release.

For example you want to add a stadium from one roster to another roster (STADIUMS.dat and UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat must have said stadium), just export the stadium record from the roster and import to the roster you want the stadium to be in.

Or move players between rosters...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Is that the only change to the editor in this version? Also, I struggle to see how that feature would be useful. What is an example of a use case?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am

RevanFan wrote:Is that the only change to the editor in this version? Also, I struggle to see how that feature would be useful. What is an example of a use case?

I don't know. It would eliminate having duplicate, PGIDs, CYIDs, SGIDs and TGIDs when you import records.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:40 am

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Is that the only change to the editor in this version? Also, I struggle to see how that feature would be useful. What is an example of a use case?

I don't know. It would eliminate having duplicate, PGIDs, CYIDs, SGIDs and TGIDs when you import records.

Oh, so it just makes sure there's no duplicates? That's useful.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:46 pm

RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Oh, so it just makes sure there's no duplicates? That's useful.

You need to have at least one record in the table to import records. You could delete all records, add a record, import records and then delete the added record.

Also do not use it to rearrange your PGIDs since it is not linked to the depth charts (yet).

Return to “Utilities”