DEX 1.1 Stopped Working

albedarnit
Veteran

DEX 1.1 Stopped Working

Postby albedarnit » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:31 pm

My DEX 1.1 stopped working outta the blue. Anyone have any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.
I "installed" my backup copy. Same thing. It's always been in XP SP3 compatibility mode, run as an administrator. All these years I've never had a problem.

UGH...

Oh boy. My MUER 1.4 stopped working too. But MUER 1.5 works. ????
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

DEX 1.1 Stopped Working

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: DEX 1.1 Stopped Working

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 am

MUER 1.4 Is old, so it shouldn't work.

DEX, should be working fine, what is it doing?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:25 am

DEX needs the Microsoft Visua C++ 2005 redistributable I believe.

albedarnit
Veteran

Postby albedarnit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Wow... DBR4 is not working. MMAPer is not working. DBEditor 3.0 is not working. Madden AMP 3.6 stopped working but I have 4.0 and 4.22 and they work. I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 x86 and x64. Who knows what happened to them. I did have them at one time. I have no viruses, malware and any of that other stuff. I may have to do a clean install of Windows 7. I've never seen anything like this.

EDIT: Austinmario13, they do nothing. I double click on them and... nothing. That includes DEX 1.1
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 pm

I have Windows 7 32bit and all of those programs work fine for me. I have Microsoft Visiual C++ 2005 and 2008 Redistributables installed. I also remember installing the DirectX SDK but I don't think you need that if you have the DirectX drivers installed.

albedarnit
Veteran

Postby albedarnit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm

My windows is 64-bit. Would that make a difference? And all the stuff was working for me too. Then I had a Windows update and they stopped working. So I uninstalled the updates and they still won't work. I did download both versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributables. and installed them without any trouble. I already have the 2008 versions. Don't know elguapo. I'm at my wits end here. But thanks for the suggestions. One way or the other, I will resolve the issue.

albedarnit
Veteran

Postby albedarnit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Okay. I've got everything working again. DEX started working again somewhere in between installing Open Office and Madden 08. Whatever program installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729.4148, that did the trick. Go figure! I think it was the Open Office because as I was watching it being installed, I noticed something about the redistributable being configured. Anyway, thank you elguapo and StingRay68 for answering my calls for help. You both had me looking in the right direction. You guys are the best!!!!!

Return to “Utilities”