Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:44 pm

Just noticed a little issue with the "More Aggressive CPU on 4th Down" Script. I managed to stop the Bengals to set up 4th and 2 from their own 42. It was the 1st quarter so hurrying it up was not a big deal. They decided to go for it. They didn't convert. But I'd say their should go for it from the opponent's 40, not their own.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:46 am

Is there a way to stack the KO1 and KO2 returners in the script, so it would be more realistic?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

mike9472
All-Pro

Postby mike9472 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:15 pm

BUS36 wrote:Is there a way to stack the KO1 and KO2 returners in the script, so it would be more realistic?

Several of us have suggested going back to the original position, KO1 deep and KO2 in front as a blocker like the default setup. No word if Calhoupe's working on it. I know that my returns have sucked since the change. The bears have Tarik Cohen deep with blockers underneath in the real world.

01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:44 pm

ktshel70 wrote:I enabled it but I was still unable to change the view...Do I need to use an earlier script with the 1.70?

1.70 is working just fine

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 am

My copy of W10 got corrupted somehow and I had to reinstall from the ground up! I'm now getting this Lua Error, attached below, that I've never seen before. Maybe I missed something in the install, but I don't think so. Does anyone know what I'm missing here. I get it just after you click on Launch TexMod/uMod and then start M08. I don't get the error of I just start the game without Calhoupe's scripts, but where is the fun in that. ;)
Oh, and I can't use 1.70 at all. It just freezes when I click on the full resolution screen option. This is taken from version 1.69.

Spoiler:
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

TheSchwami
Rookie

Postby TheSchwami » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:07 pm

calhoupe wrote:These scripts use Cheat Engine to hook into the mainapp.exe to make changes to gameplay. These files will sometimes trigger a virus detection. You may need to disable your virus protection to download the file and/or add an exception to your antivirus program. Cheat Engine trainers hook into memory similar to some malware so if your antivirus gets excited consider it a false positive and move on.

Calhoupe - indeed the above is true. Downloaded, unzipped, then 1.70 was seized by Norton. Liberation and restoring from Norton, rendered the file useless. Although Cheat Engine 6.8 June 8 2018 was tested with Win10 1803, my 64 bit version was spewing the infamous "This App Can't Run on Your PC" message. Tried running as admin, do not pass go. Something is wrong with that file...

Subsequently, made an exclusion in Norton for the filename at that location. Deleted the liberated version, unzipped a fresh version. Now we are in business. However, upon further review this message came up.... Failure loading the trainer. Reason: This is not a valid cheat table (error executing this tables LUA script: undefined LUA error. LUA ENGINE ERROR: (628: bad argument #1 to open (string expected, got FILE*)

Closed the processes, reopened, no problems, all is well. Interesting codicil, which some may already know of this undocumented feature... while loading an exhibition matchup, if you use for example the LA CHARGERS as the home team, and click on stadium... CRASH.

Attempting to utilize ANY team which has a NEW stadium as the HOME team elicits the same result. Apparently some artifact in the new stadiums is causing Madden indigestion. However, if one does not wish to peruse the stadium in advance, and proceeds directly to go to play the game, no CRASH. All is as it should be.

I wish to thank you (and many others) for your efforts and hard work in keeping this vintage game alive, and a joy to play.

Regards,

The Schwami

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience often comes from bad judgment.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:34 pm

TheSchwami wrote:
calhoupe wrote:These scripts use Cheat Engine to hook into the mainapp.exe to make changes to gameplay. These files will sometimes trigger a virus detection. You may need to disable your virus protection to download the file and/or add an exception to your antivirus program. Cheat Engine trainers hook into memory similar to some malware so if your antivirus gets excited consider it a false positive and move on.

Calhoupe - indeed the above is true. Downloaded, unzipped, then 1.70 was seized by Norton. Liberation and restoring from Norton, rendered the file useless. Although Cheat Engine 6.8 June 8 2018 was tested with Win10 1803, my 64 bit version was spewing the infamous "This App Can't Run on Your PC" message. Tried running as admin, do not pass go. Something is wrong with that file...

Subsequently, made an exclusion in Norton for the filename at that location. Deleted the liberated version, unzipped a fresh version. Now we are in business. However, upon further review this message came up.... Failure loading the trainer. Reason: This is not a valid cheat table (error executing this tables LUA script: undefined LUA error. LUA ENGINE ERROR: (628: bad argument #1 to open (string expected, got FILE*)

Closed the processes, reopened, no problems, all is well. Interesting codicil, which some may already know of this undocumented feature... while loading an exhibition matchup, if you use for example the LA CHARGERS as the home team, and click on stadium... CRASH.

Attempting to utilize ANY team which has a NEW stadium as the HOME team elicits the same result. Apparently some artifact in the new stadiums is causing Madden indigestion. However, if one does not wish to peruse the stadium in advance, and proceeds directly to go to play the game, no CRASH. All is as it should be.

I wish to thank you (and many others) for your efforts and hard work in keeping this vintage game alive, and a joy to play.

Regards,

The Schwami

Sounds as if we may have the same type issue. Not the same Lua Error message, but a Lua Error just the same (see above post). Is this related to the recent 1803 update? I just had to reinstall W10 with the 1803 update and that's when I got the Lua Error. Did the whole exclusion thing and still get the error. Sounds as if this will need a programming update as well. I'm not a programmer so I don't know, but something is definitely amiss.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:19 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
TheSchwami wrote:

Regards,

The Schwami

Sounds as if we may have the same type issue. Not the same Lua Error message, but a Lua Error just the same (see above post). Is this related to the recent 1803 update? I just had to reinstall W10 with the 1803 update and that's when I got the Lua Error. Did the whole exclusion thing and still get the error. Sounds as if this will need a programming update as well. I'm not a programmer so I don't know, but something is definitely amiss.

1803 or 1809? Because I'm on 1803 and have never had this issue.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

TheSchwami
Rookie

Postby TheSchwami » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 am

Revan, Eurocat and Calhoupe,

To disambiguate,

1. I run JSGME Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0.157 from C:\users\myusername\documents\Madden NFL 08 to activate the latest (FF/FI Major Mod 10/27/18) from a file folder named MODS which is a sub directory of the above viz. C:\users\myusername\documents\Madden NFL 08\MODS

I never have MORE than ONE mod activated, and always deactivate a mod when not in use. Nothing concurrent or concomitant. Using JSGME I can switch between Greatest All Time Teams GHT 1.5 and the current mod without a hitch.

2. Next I run Calhoupe's Madden Scripts1.70.EXE which resides in the same directory named above. Here are the ENABLED settings:

New Moves - Enabled
TD and First Downs on Front of Line - Enabled
Fewer Touchbacks - Enabled
End Zone Camera - Enabled
Expanded Catching - Enabled
QB Fumbles - Enabled
More Aggressive CPU on 4th Downs - Enabled
Remove Sideline Limitation - Enabled
Immediate Access to Kicking - Enabled
Fewer Shanked Punts - Enabled
Updated NFL Rules - Enabled
Return Missed FGs and Fumble Fix - Enabled
CPU Extreme Hitstick - Enabled
Use Keyboard Kick Meter - Enabled
TD Celebrations - Enabled
Overtime Clock:10
Acc Clock: 15s
Franchise Year: 2007
Res H:1920
Res V:1080

All others are DISABLED

3. My Madden 08 PC is V4.0 (Amazon download patched from 1 to 4) using the linked V4Update.zip found here http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14718&start=10#p42482

4. I ONLY launch Madden DIRECTLY through Calhoupes Madden Scripts 1.70

5. This is the Windows 10 64 bit version and release I am running:

Ver 1803 Release 17134.407 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462933)
Windows 10 Updates 10/23/2018 782.3 MB

Said release can be found here (sort by last updated): https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows+10+1803+x64:

6. Runtime CHEAT ENGINE https://www.cheatengine.org/ is compiled in the SCRIPTS EXE file. For discussions of LUA extensions see here:https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewforum.php?f=126&sid=5cf3da66c0ee5dd90f5a35f3198fe6bb

CE directly hooks into and modifies behavior in MEMORY, much like a persistent stealth non file based virus, trojan or SIDELOADED DLL would.
Given the above, the following MS OS memory lockdowns could be involved in any consistent error from the Scripts which you are seeing.

In Windows Settings - Security - App and Browser Control, these are my settings:

Check Apps, Smartscreen EDGE and STORE: All three set to WARN

Scroll down and click on EXPLOIT PROTECTION (this is where memory leaks are tolerated, OR NOT)
Under SYSTEM SETTINGS:

CFG, DEP, Bottom UP ASLR, SEHOP, Heap Integrity ALL set to: ON BY DEFAULT
High entropy ASLR: Use default (ON)
Mandatory ASLR: Use default (OFF)

7. MY LUA error occurred only ONE time, the VIRGIN run of the scripts, and has not been seen since. After setting the Calhoupe's Madden Scripts1.70.EXE file and location exclusion in Norton, I recommend DELETING the file and UNZIPPING a FRESH version which should not be harangued by Norton or Windows. And of course checking the above settings.

8. The STADIUM error is consistent, but who cares about a preview, as long as the show goes on??

Hope this helps.

The Schwami

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 pm

TheSchwami wrote:1803 or 1809? Because I'm on 1803 and have never had this issue.

1809 was installed on 12-5-18, so it may be something in that update.

Return to “Utilities”