Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:12 pm

jose21crisis wrote:So, I extract the DB_Templates file 11 and I load that on MaddenAMP? Maybe do some editing on the .dat file by turning it into a .db file for now?

Extracting that file would give you a db file, no need to do any converting. DATs are just "catalog" files with files inside them. DB_Templates has .db files, UNIFORMS.dat has mmap files, etc.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
MVP

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:So, I extract the DB_Templates file 11 and I load that on MaddenAMP? Maybe do some editing on the .dat file by turning it into a .db file for now?

Extracting that file would give you a db file, no need to do any converting. DATs are just "catalog" files with files inside them. DB_Templates has .db files, UNIFORMS.dat has mmap files, etc.

I actually used the Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility. When decompresses .dat files instead of .db files. So what I did is grab file 11.dat, rename it 11.db and it works.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:

I actually used the Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility. When decompresses .dat files instead of .db files. So what I did is grab file 11.dat, rename it 11.db and it works.

Yeah the decompressing tool tends to label it .dat or whatever, regardless of what it really is. But that goes to my initial point, the main/original dat is essentially a catalog of smaller files within it, and then the Decompressing tool (or DFR as well) extracts them out into the individual files, in this case db files. I guess my whole point was, you couldn't rename the whole DB_TEMPLATES.dat to DB_TEMPLATES.db and it be readable as such, you would have to extract the individual files which is what you did. I think I read your second question wrong, thinking you were referring to the whole file instead of the individual, extracted file, so that's on me.

tbb429
Rookie

Postby tbb429 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 pm

hey stingray, amp is giving a mscorlib error, here is the file i was working with

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7gvrj1p5grqz ... a.fra?dl=0

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 am

tbb429 wrote:hey stingray, amp is giving a mscorlib error, here is the file i was working with

This is something I havent seen before, I started looking into it this morning and got errors immediately when trying to open the player editor.
I figured it was something you did with NZA or dbeditor, and it is.
Untitled.jpg

You deleted records and then never removed them from the file. Either from not saving with NZA, or something custom with dbeditor (I dont use dbeditor, so I can't comment on possible problems.
You have 301 deleted records that are still present in the PLAY table, so it errors when trying to load certain indexes that have been deleted or marked for deletion.

Load your file in Amp, open coach editor, pick a coach and make a change to last name or something and then change it back and save the file, that will get rid of your deleted entries. See if that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tbb429
Rookie

Postby tbb429 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:05 am

thanks, you're a godsend, worked perfectly

Return to “Utilities”