Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

fsh
All-Pro

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby fsh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

RevanFan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:I don't know if this will help at all, but if you start out by opening calhoupe's scripts gui and choose the 1920x1080 resolution, then click on Launch Madden, what happens?
For me once in the game it takes the 10 seconds for change, which I know is normal. But I have to go into my settings and change the video resolution to 1920x1080, every time that I start the game. It always resets to the 640x480 resolution in the settings, so maybe you need to go into settings each time and reset that. It takes a couple more clicks for me, but the look is great.

The menu becomes 1920x1080, but I can't get window mode to work. I need window mode to use the game, so I have to use the force window mode script, which makes gameplay become 1920x1080, but not the menu.

Windowed mode is better than a full screen 1920x1080 menu anyway. Everytime you go from/to the menu in full screen, all windows and sticky notes went completely haywire. I don't need calhoupe's script, because it already worked for me, but I would certainly recommend everyone using windowed mode.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 pm

fsh wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:I don't know if this will help at all, but if you start out by opening calhoupe's scripts gui and choose the 1920x1080 resolution, then click on Launch Madden, what happens?
For me once in the game it takes the 10 seconds for change, which I know is normal. But I have to go into my settings and change the video resolution to 1920x1080, every time that I start the game. It always resets to the 640x480 resolution in the settings, so maybe you need to go into settings each time and reset that. It takes a couple more clicks for me, but the look is great.

The menu becomes 1920x1080, but I can't get window mode to work. I need window mode to use the game, so I have to use the force window mode script, which makes gameplay become 1920x1080, but not the menu.

Windowed mode is better than a full screen 1920x1080 menu anyway. Everytime you go from/to the menu in full screen, all windows and sticky notes went completely haywire. I don't need calhoupe's script, because it already worked for me, but I would certainly recommend everyone using windowed mode.

Back when ALT+ENTER worked for me, though, I would use his 1920x1080 script and the window would be 1920x1080. Which is much better than a window that is so small I can barely see what I'm looking at.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:
fsh wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The menu becomes 1920x1080, but I can't get window mode to work. I need window mode to use the game, so I have to use the force window mode script, which makes gameplay become 1920x1080, but not the menu.

Back when ALT+ENTER worked for me, though, I would use his 1920x1080 script and the window would be 1920x1080. Which is much better than a window that is so small I can barely see what I'm looking at.

I never tried that. But I don't have trouble reading it. In the end, the menu graphics aren't high res anyway. But I can imagine some may not really like it being that small.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm

fsh wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
fsh wrote:

I never tried that. But I don't have trouble reading it. In the end, the menu graphics aren't high res anyway. But I can imagine some may not really like it being that small.

Especially when my monitor is 3840x2160.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

RevanFan wrote:
fsh wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Back when ALT+ENTER worked for me, though, I would use his 1920x1080 script and the window would be 1920x1080. Which is much better than a window that is so small I can barely see what I'm looking at.

Also depends on its size, but yeah, that might be a problem :D. Also, then 1920x1080 makes more sense. For me that would just cover my entire screen.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 pm

That explains everything!

I'm using a monitor with a normal resolution so if the window is set for 1920X1080 is takes up the entire screen. I'll try and redo the scripts and make it so you can set the windowed resolution to whatever you want it to be.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:52 pm

calhoupe wrote:

That explains everything!

I'm using a monitor with a normal resolution so if the window is set for 1920X1080 is takes up the entire screen. I'll try and redo the scripts and make it so you can set the windowed resolution to whatever you want it to be.

Let me know if you make any progress on this. If you can make the menu window large enough to be viable on a 4K monitor, it would be great. Even just integrating the 1920x1080 menu into the window mode script would be fantastic, but I'll take whatever you can give.

Jay.paige
Veteran

Postby Jay.paige » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Calhoupe it just keeps getting better! Ok madden.ini file has MP3 option to play in-game. It don't work for me if I just edit the Ini file. Can a future edition of the script get that going?

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 am

Jay.paige wrote:Calhoupe it just keeps getting better! Ok madden.ini file has MP3 option to play in-game. It don't work for me if I just edit the Ini file. Can a future edition of the script get that going?

Maybe, I've never looked into this. Has anybody else gotten mp3s to work with Madden?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am

calhoupe wrote:
Jay.paige wrote:Calhoupe it just keeps getting better! Ok madden.ini file has MP3 option to play in-game. It don't work for me if I just edit the Ini file. Can a future edition of the script get that going?

Maybe, I've never looked into this. Has anybody else gotten mp3s to work with Madden?

I did, year ago. You just have to have them all in a folder and point Madden to the folder using the in-game options menu.

Return to “Utilities”