Nfl head coach

daddyfrost
Rookie

Nfl head coach

Postby daddyfrost » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Anyone know of a roster editor for nfl head coach for pc that works?

Nfl head coach

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Nfl head coach

Postby elguapo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:32 pm

The regular db_editors for madden 08 work for head coach. DB_TEMPLATES #3 is the roster. Extracting the PLAY table and then adding and removing fields of an 08 PLAY table to match an NFL Head Coach PLAY table works.

Replace the depth chart also.

koreanduck
Rookie

Postby koreanduck » Sun May 29, 2016 1:01 pm

can you explain detail how to edit it pleae? i really like this game

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Mon May 30, 2016 9:03 pm

elguapo wrote:The regular db_editors for madden 08 work for head coach. DB_TEMPLATES #3 is the roster. Extracting the PLAY table and then adding and removing fields of an 08 PLAY table to match an NFL Head Coach PLAY table works.

Replace the depth chart also.

Thanks elguapo, I am going to update mine asap

coachcbjii
Rookie

Postby coachcbjii » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm trying to update the head coach 06 roster. I can export the file to CSV but when I try to import it back using the DB editor the changes don't stick. I have even tried to rick click and make a few changes but when I close the file and open it, nothing saved. What am I missing.

Can anyone please give a step by step on how to do this and the programs needed?

I went into db template and extracted #3. Opened the DB, but that's where I start to have issues as mentioned above.

Thank you in advance for anyone's help.

coachcbjii
Rookie

Postby coachcbjii » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Update: this is what I figured out so far...
Extract the #3 file from DB template.DAT using DFR
Open that extracted file in db editor and make changes, then save it.
Next go back to DFR and replace the #3 db file with the one I just edited and resave it as db template.DAT

These are the steps I took. I changed the name of just one player to see if it would work. I see the new name saved in the file but when I go to load the game it crashes after the "in the game" screen. Did I miss something?

Really want to update head coach 06

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:02 am

When you make changes using the db_editor make sure you click on save before exiting the db_editor.

Db editor v3 requires that you delete the very last column if you add or remove lines or rows.

koreanduck
Rookie

Postby koreanduck » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:19 pm

sorry for my stupid, but i cant find the save button, and btw i don't understand your last sentense of the previous reply. can you please help me? canyou make image of how you do that? i stuck at "save db file"

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:07 pm

koreanduck wrote:sorry for my stupid, but i cant find the save button, and btw i don't understand your last sentense of the previous reply. can you please help me? canyou make image of how you do that? i stuck at "save db file"

To edits for the DB editor, people usually export tables to .csv documents, using one of the options in the editor. Each time it does this, though, the editor adds an extra column at the far right of the document to show how many rows there are. If you try to import the .csv back into the DB editor without deleting the extra column, the editor will likely crash. To fix that, just right click on the extra column, and click delete.

When you're done with your edits, go back to the DB editor and import your .csv file. Then in the upper left of the editor, click on File, and then Save File.

koreanduck
Rookie

Postby koreanduck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:30 am

thank tou so much for your detail information! but i have another problem. I did everythign you said and everything was good. i opened the game and nothing change!? i quit the game then check with db editor, my "changes" still there, nothing crash nothing went wrong but i start a new game, nothing change. omg :(

Return to “NFL Head Coach”