Nfl head coach

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Nfl head coach

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:56 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
The fire icon means the players "on fire" and playing above or at their highest overall rating range. They also had it on Madden 12 I think, that's a rare feature I haven't seen many times, so I don't know the entire nuts and bolts of it. (Wish EA would've told us about all these findings btw, could've helped sell the game.)

Nice, is that a pc only thing? I'm on PS2 and my entire offense is at top ovr after the last weekly practice. But I've never seen the fire icon.

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:11 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
The fire icon means the players "on fire" and playing above or at their highest overall rating range. They also had it on Madden 12 I think, that's a rare feature I haven't seen many times, so I don't know the entire nuts and bolts of it. (Wish EA would've told us about all these findings btw, could've helped sell the game.)

Nice, is that a pc only thing? I'm on PS2 and my entire offense is at top ovr after the last weekly practice. But I've never seen the fire icon.

Not quite sure, I just checked the prima guide and they didn't mention it. I only saw it one time through 3 seasons, so I assume it had something to do with a 99 overall QB coach, 90 overall QB for the OC as well as my coach and a 90 overall QB

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

Not quite sure, I just checked the prima guide and they didn't mention it. I only saw it one time through 3 seasons, so I assume it had something to do with a 99 overall QB coach, 90 overall QB for the OC as well as my coach and a 90 overall QB

Here is the icon I mentioned. Not yet sure what field made it appear on Andy Dalton.
Attachments
CoachFinal 2021-06-22 05-48-18-80.bmp
CoachFinal 2021-06-22 05-48-18-80.bmp (2.25 MiB) Viewed 1492 times

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:34 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Here is the icon I mentioned. Not yet sure what field made it appear on Andy Dalton.

The only thing I could think of other than being so far above his max rating is a completion streak.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:50 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

The only thing I could think of other than being so far above her max rating is a completion streak.

I'll check that too. In this screenshot it is in PLAY NOW and have not started any play yet. There could be a field that triggers it. Not sure but will still see.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:39 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

The only thing I could think of other than being so far above her max rating is a completion streak.

I'll check that too. In this screenshot it is in PLAY NOW and have not started any play yet. There could be a field that triggers it. Not sure but will still see.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Icon. My HC just got another ovr point and now is 90 ovr, his QB knowledge is 85. My OC is 99 ovr and has QB knowledge 99. My QB coach is 99 ovr and also has QB knowledge 99. So I am building up and looking forward to getting a player to be on fire!

Good info guys, thanks!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:53 pm

DISCOVERY ALERT
COACH ASPECT:
Okay when I imported the new coaches with new ids and retaining existing coaches with their old ids, the game crashes when resigning coaches during sim. It turns out the AI is not that advanced compared to Madden 08. You need to set the expected salaries of coaches with no or expired contracts. And you set for each position available. When I choose Vikings, I got the Coaching/GM gig and Mike Zimmer automatically becomes a free agent coach and his expected salaries for HC, OC, DC and ST are added on table OSCE. Bottom line, I need to set the expected salaries of these free coaches

PLAYER ASPECT:
The SCRG table gives a padding/buffer on a player on top of the usual min/max you assign for a player. The higher the number, the wider the range and it obscures the actual attribute rating. So if you got 25 for SCRG, it adds additional 25 pts for the min/max and will be tagged as "Poorly Scouted". The lowest is of course is 0 and you will see the actual min/max without padding.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:34 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
Good work getting the players & staff up to date. Also for future I'd probably want to understand the method of importing draft classes of real NCAA players into my career.

Cheers!

Okay have confirmed that NFL Head Coach 06 has 30 pre-made draft classes for each year. These 30 draft classes are inside the strmdata.db with table names PD00 to PD29. Unfortunately, once you start a career, it randomize the tables and set it for each year which can be seen in DCOP table of your Career file. PD00 is always the 2006 Draft class. Others are randomized and set when you create a career file.

Once you know the order in the DCOP table in your saved file, then you will know which draft class will be used for the upcoming drafts. You can also edit these upcoming rookies. 8-)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:52 pm

Trouble in paradise. Going through the second season I decided to view the stats and team rankings after 10 weeks of play. To my surprise the sim AI is spitting up. I thought the first seasons numbers were more realistic with only one RB gaining over 2000+ yards and no QB throwing for 5000 yards. Well the AI that I praised in the beginning is on pace to shatter my dreams thinkiing EA Sports got something right within the game of many flaws.

As it stands going into week 11 of the season, there's this RB Lamont Jordan on te Raiders who's max ovr is 78 has 567 carries for 1784 yards. The closest RB to him has 1372 yards on 342 carries. :shock: :oops: What a fail EA Sports! I've already posted Pro's & Cons for the game. So the Sim engine should be added to the bottom of the Con's section of flaws.

Before the trade deadline, I made a deal with Atlanta sending Brian Waters 99 OVR LG to them for Vince Young and a draft pick. Young has 83 AWR but continues to throw into double & triple coverages missing wide open WR's, takes sacks when I use the QB strategy to take a deep drop or throw the ball deep. I called the Hail Mary play, motioned 1 WR to the leftt for trips, 2 WR's were open on the left, but he threw to the opposite side where the single WR was covered by 3 defenders.

As it stands the Sim engine gets a B- grade so far.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:54 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Trouble in paradise. Going through the second season I decided to view the stats and team rankings after 10 weeks of play. To my surprise the sim AI is spitting up. I thought the first seasons numbers were more realistic with only one RB gaining over 2000+ yards and no QB throwing for 5000 yards. Well the AI that I praised in the beginning is on pace to shatter my dreams thinkiing EA Sports got something right within the game of many flaws.

As it stands going into week 11 of the season, there's this RB Lamont Jordan on te Raiders who's max ovr is 78 has 567 carries for 1784 yards. The closest RB to him has 1372 yards on 342 carries. :shock: :oops: What a fail EA Sports! I've already posted Pro's & Cons for the game. So the Sim engine should be added to the bottom of the Con's section of flaws.

Before the trade deadline, I made a deal with Atlanta sending Brian Waters 99 OVR LG to them for Vince Young and a draft pick. Young has 83 AWR but continues to throw into double & triple coverages missing wide open WR's, takes sacks when I use the QB strategy to take a deep drop or throw the ball deep. I called the Hail Mary play, motioned 1 WR to the leftt for trips, 2 WR's were open on the left, but he threw to the opposite side where the single WR was covered by 3 defenders.

As it stands the Sim engine gets a B- grade so far.

Oh my. That proves what I heard about the sim engine of this game. Seems like they focused on the management style of the game.

Return to “NFL Head Coach”