Updated129 Rosters 10-26-14 GO TO CHATROOM

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Updated Fall 2011 Rosters 9-6-11

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

kooljay2 wrote:Yes I'm bitter bc I'm a Redskins fan and my team never gets any rating love. I know they haven't COLLECTIVELY won anything of note for years, but there are individual talents on my (and every) team that are not properly reflected in the game...

in my "opinion" LOL! :) :) :)

This brings me back to the old FF days. The "The Chiefs are only an 84 on defense!!!" rant. Oh, fun times!

You're not nearly as ridiculous and obnoxious as that guy, though. In fact, you're right about there being talents on every team that are rated less than their talent. Unfortunately, talent does not mean production.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:00 pm

RevanFan wrote:
kooljay2 wrote:Yes I'm bitter bc I'm a Redskins fan and my team never gets any rating love. I know they haven't COLLECTIVELY won anything of note for years, but there are individual talents on my (and every) team that are not properly reflected in the game...

in my "opinion" LOL! :) :) :)

This brings me back to the old FF days. The "The Chiefs are only an 84 on defense!!!" rant. Oh, fun times!

You're not nearly as ridiculous and obnoxious as that guy, though. In fact, you're right about there being talents on every team that are rated less than their talent. Unfortunately, talent does not mean production.

Hohoho. Yep. Good times, good times. I wish I could find that video JD made :(. That said, kooljay, you are correct about talents on teams. But, as RevanFan said, that talent doesn't always work well together in delivering results.

tbone42
Rookie

Postby tbone42 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Enjoying playing the updated Roster.. I have had no problems thus far.. did have to add about 8 players to the Green Bay roster that were missing, but it sure beats playing against 2007 opponents with a 2011 team that i had to update all by myself.

Thanks, will look forward to updates as they are finished.I appreciate what you are doing for the PC madden community that got the shaft.

bcorby
Rookie

Postby bcorby » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

bcorby wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_8J3-M7C6Y

That's all.

LOL, man that was funny... If the Chief's could stop the run, tackle and have a better defensive 3rd down %, then the defense would be rated higher. Right now they are rated where they should be!

h4wduk3n
All-Pro

Postby h4wduk3n » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 am

Good to see you here datman! -H4wduk3n (natent321)

kooljay2
Veteran

Postby kooljay2 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 am

that was toooo funny!

I've been thinking about my rant and I think I know the genesis of my problem. I manage a gamecenter with mostly pc's and a couple of xboxes. I'm an ardent pc guy, I hate consoles. I see Madden fan-boys play the game on the console and have to watch these non-football knowledge drones drop back 25-30 yds, run around like a chicken with their head cut off, then heave the ball blindly 50-60 yds downfield to a triple-covered receiver. But because it's the Eagles, and Madden thinks Vick is God-like, and DeSean Jackson's ratings are off the chart, the receiver somehow comes down with the ball. It makes no sense! They go for it on 4th and and a mile; up by 25 with 30 seconds to go? Throw the ball! receiving the kickoff? run backwards 20 yds trying to "create" an artificial lane; the only defense they know is "BLITZ!" I try not to watch but it's on the big screen and hard to avoid.

Man, I hate consoles and what they're doing to video game intelligence.

OK, I'm done...

DrZaius
Rookie

Postby DrZaius » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 am

The point of the tables was not, that it was the opinion of one single guy - IT'S MADDEN'S OPINION! If you play franchise, and you go to the draft, you'll see the combine results of the players. After you draft them, you see their real abilitites, and the game itself translates combine results in the way mentioned. That's not the only and golden way, but it is some kind of potential measurment. And especially if you look at rookies, you need a couple of games in the regular season in order to see how they really fare. Until then - this tabel puts a number on some major stats and is conform with the original game. Period.

tbone42
Rookie

Postby tbone42 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:01 am

Just ran a few simulated seasons.. got Green Bay and New England, Green Bay and Baltimore, and Philly and Indianapolis for the Superbowls.
Pretty consistent with the strong teams in the NFL I would say.

firstandten
Rookie

Postby firstandten » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:28 am

Anyone knows where i can find portraits for datmanmadden's roster file ?
I tried to download from the link in this thread but nothing seems to be in the zipped file.....
Thanks

BTW Great job Datman.

Return to “Rosters”