LOBBS roster ratings system

ianjones
Veteran

Re: LOBBS roster ratings system

Postby ianjones » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:11 pm

thanks! ive actually changed most of the edits since i posted that, but they are still useful for showing how everyone can go about editing the formulas to suit their own needs. all those brackets made my head swim at first. i hope this made the formulas more interesting to peeps, because the layout is actually really good. in the first excel sheet i ever did for madden, i "weighted" the actual madden scores instead of any of the statistical input. like, if the statistical score fell between 1.0 and 6.9, and the lowest you wanted the abilities to go was 40, then you would have some thing like 1.0=40, 1.1=41, 1.2=42, etc. but then when you get into the 70s and 80s, the range broadens like 3.5-3.7 = 70, 3.8-4.0 = 71, then once you are into the nineties, it slims back down again...6.0=90, 6.1=91, etc. that way you could keep a steady average of 70s and eghties, even though it was not the true average of the highest and lowest score. but the way i did this was very cumbersome. i basically generated each ability by running different statistics through a series of 60 if-then statements at the bottom of the sheet. (the square B40 would contain the formula: =IF (B2 + X2)/2 =< 4.0; AA2=40; B41) and whenever you plugged in a statistic, it would just keep rolling down the list until it found a true statement, then it would output the number to the correct block. but LOBBS seems to know a lot more about formulas and that jazz. i wonder if he knows of a formula that could "squish" the numbers without having to do all that.

Sponsor

Sponsor

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 am

Wow, I didn't realize that anyone would still be interested in this idea I threw out there.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:36 am

While I am interested in having a set system for everyone to follow...I think you might be off slightly with this one...for instance you came out with Calvin Johnson only having an 88 jump ability...lol...he has a 45 inch vertical for crist sake...if that's not a 99 I don't know what is...plus watch the tapes of his catches...88 is far too low for his jumping ability my friend...that's just one example...there are other stats that seem off to me as well...nice work, but these things need to be taken into consideration since the goal seems to be "ACCURACY"

ianjones
Veteran

Postby ianjones » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:54 pm

this seems to be an easy fix, though. im more into the historic stuff, so i have a lack of combine result knowledge, but the newer combine records are well kept, are they not? they include 40 times, vertical leaps, bench reps, shuttle times, etc right? for years, ive had trouble attaining proper physical ability scores from historical statistics, but it seems that for those people utilizing the new players, it should be so much easier...yet there arises these new debates over "40 times dont translate into a players speed in pads" and "bench reps dont translate into true strength on the field." at this point, i feel like the splitting of hairs has become detrimental to what is trying to be done. if all your favorite season's combine scores are present, take it and run with it. scouting agents and coaches put entire multi-million dollar franchises in the hands of these results, i think its safe to say you can put the results of your madden season in the hands of these scores and not be too terribly disappointed. i like whats being done here because it makes viable use of limited data, and that is of the utmost interest to me. but if you have an abundance of data, count your blessings.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Since we are between seasons and I've taken an interest in Madden modding again I'll be picking this topic back up again once the hitfix for the roster is released.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 pm

LOBBS wrote:Since we are between seasons and I've taken an interest in Madden modding again I'll be picking this topic back up again once the hitfix for the roster is released.

Maybe we can use it in the new mod. I'll have to talk to the other roster makers about it.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
LOBBS wrote:Since we are between seasons and I've taken an interest in Madden modding again I'll be picking this topic back up again once the hitfix for the roster is released.

Maybe we can use it in the new mod. I'll have to talk to the other roster makers about it.

We like how the modified Madden ratings work for the mod, but if LOBBS wanted to, I would be okay with him using the FF mod's roster to experiment with his ratings.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:27 am

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

We like how the modified Madden ratings work for the mod, but if LOBBS wanted to, I would be okay with him using the FF mod's roster to experiment with his ratings.

Yeah, it'll be a completely experimental thing for a long while. If you guys like anything I come up with you are more than free to use it. I am aware that it may never progress past my own personal interests.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Sun May 10, 2015 12:56 am

I've started tweaking on the physical trait formulas. I'm using more pre-draft measurables in the process. I'm now using 40 time with 20 and 10 yard splits, 20 yard shuttle, 3-cone drills, and vertical and broad jumps. Once I find a mix for the base physical traits that I like, I'll move onto the draft influence and finally use some advanced metrics from the stats to flesh out the skills traits. I'm pulling most of my pre-draft information from NFL Draft Scout and I'll be using ProFootballFocus for the advanced stats.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:19 pm

i only started reading the first post and it was already interesting might look into this more when i have some available time. work it into my madden created draft classes and turn it into my own draft classes. or something along those lines

"I Bleed Blue"

Return to “Rosters”