LOBBS roster ratings system

LOBBS
All-Pro

Re: LOBBS roster ratings system

Postby LOBBS » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:24 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:Right now I'm making sure my 2012 draft class is accurate with the players, not as much the ratings....you could use this to edit the players for your ratings system.

I don't know how to add draft class players to a roster file, and I have a very specific way to pick face IDs and hair.

I'll let you guys sort that out. I'd much rather rate whatever the official roster ends up being than start from scratch.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:09 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:Right now I'm making sure my 2012 draft class is accurate with the players, not as much the ratings....you could use this to edit the players for your ratings system.

I don't know how to add draft class players to a roster file, and I have a very specific way to pick face IDs and hair.

I haven't touched any of the information outside of their ratings, heights and weights, and colleges. And I don't know how to add a player either, though I think there's an exact number of players, so you'd have to add as many as you delete. What I do, for example, is if I need a new safety, I'd choose a position that has a surplus amount of players and change one of them to a safety.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I haven't touched any of the information outside of their ratings, heights and weights, and colleges. And I don't know how to add a player either, though I think there's an exact number of players, so you'd have to add as many as you delete. What I do, for example, is if I need a new safety, I'd choose a position that has a surplus amount of players and change one of them to a safety.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about making a draft class. I'm talking about adding the rookies to the next mod's roster.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:I haven't touched any of the information outside of their ratings, heights and weights, and colleges. And I don't know how to add a player either, though I think there's an exact number of players, so you'd have to add as many as you delete. What I do, for example, is if I need a new safety, I'd choose a position that has a surplus amount of players and change one of them to a safety.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about making a draft class. I'm talking about adding the rookies to the next mod's roster.

Oh..........so we won't actually be going through an offseason. That does make a lot of sense, we'd have to make a franchise, then convert to a roster....etc.
But in a roster, I don't know how to make a player...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:I haven't touched any of the information outside of their ratings, heights and weights, and colleges. And I don't know how to add a player either, though I think there's an exact number of players, so you'd have to add as many as you delete. What I do, for example, is if I need a new safety, I'd choose a position that has a surplus amount of players and change one of them to a safety.

Oh..........so we won't actually be going through an offseason. That does make a lot of sense, we'd have to make a franchise, then convert to a roster....etc.
But in a roster, I don't know how to make a player...

It's not really too hard, but I have a very specific way to do it, and very specific requirements. Nick and I can handle the player creation for the mod.
My Cowboys Journal

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Ok, I finally broke down and bought a full subscription to ProFootballFocus.com's stats site. I'm fully geeked out with all the stats they have. I'll definitely be using a bunch of these in my ratings system.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:34 pm

LOBBS wrote:Ok, I finally broke down and bought a full subscription to ProFootballFocus.com's stats site. I'm fully geeked out with all the stats they have. I'll definitely be using a bunch of these in my ratings system.

PFF is probably the greatest stat site anywhere. They have great analyses of Cowboys games. I can only talk about those since I don't actually have a subscription. BloggingTheBoys talks about their analyses of Cowboys games every week.
My Cowboys Journal

Buckeye bites
Rookie

Postby Buckeye bites » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

i don't know if you have allready thought of this or not but why isn't bench press factored into the strength rating? i know that bench press has to do with arm length to so you could somehow add that into the equation too

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Buckeye bites wrote:i don't know if you have allready thought of this or not but why isn't bench press factored into the strength rating? i know that bench press has to do with arm length to so you could somehow add that into the equation too

Not to offend anyone, but bench press is pretty much a worthless measure of overall strength. It is a completely unnatural motion with little to no practical purpose in day to day or sports. The only exception in football would be the initial punch off the line but if you've let a guy far enough into your body that your awesome bench factors in, you've lost or are in danger of losing the leverage battle. Beach body exercises don't make you a beast. Football requires explosion from the lower body and hips combined with strength at extension from the upper.

At some point in every boy's life, they overhear someone bragging about their bench numbers and the myth that that person is buff is perpetuated. The pec is not aligned to push a weight off your chest. It pulls across. That's why if you truly want functional strength in your upper core, pec and lat flies are much more effective, natural and less likely to produce an injury. You want an exercise that truly measures strength? The clean and jerk. Lower body explosion, transition then finish with the upper.

In combine terms, the bench is there to ensure a guy spent some time in the weight room and is somewhat a judge of stamina. Other than that, it's like trying to judge someone's intelligence by giving them one section of the SAT.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Even more important than the clean and jerk is the deadlift. That's all leg, hip and back strength. Exactly what you'll need when facing off against a 300 pound monster!

Return to “Rosters”