how does Roger do it?

sfltodd
Rookie

how does Roger do it?

Postby sfltodd » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:14 pm

how does RogerJinx create roster files?

Does he buy the latest game and hand punch in numbers?

if someone going to put out roster files...All I need is the post draft file...

how does Roger do it?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: how does Roger do it?

Postby mike9472 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:32 pm

The easiest way is to do everything in Excel, it's still time consuming. Madden's website puts all the ratings up, the layout they're using now makes it more difficult to create a spreadsheet. It can be done but be prepared to work on it for a while.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:20 am

I do everything in spreadsheet. I only use the editors to import and export the csv file. As for the ratings, I used to scrape the ratings from Madden website but as mike9472 mentioned, it is harder now to scrape without using code or script

Godkilla303
Rookie

Postby Godkilla303 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:47 am

Thank you for all of your effort and work Roger - I love your rosters!!

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:02 pm

Mike, Roger, not certain I understand about the difficulty. Doesn't just involve downloading the ratings into an excel readable table (CSV); make sure you have only the columns of ratings used by Madden 08, then import the file data into Madden 08 using the NAZ Editor?

What do you mean about the code and stuff?

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:04 pm

Also, at what point do you apply the Reddoby formula?

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:09 pm

Also, at what point do you apply the Reddoby formula?

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:18 pm

Have no clue what a reddoby formula is. I wouldn't use NZA's editor, you won't finish a roster before a season ends. The best option is to use db editor and export the PLAY table and do all you editing in Excel or Open office Calc. The difficulty Roger and I were talking about is simply copying and pasting the actual ratings from https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/player-ratings into a spreadsheet. You need the info to paste in horizontally but for some reason it pastes in vertically. They also put that stupid up and down arrow with a small number to let you know if the rating went up or down that particular week. This all makes for a time consuming experience. The new Madden games have all the ratings you need except throw accuracy. They have throw accuracy short, medium and deep. I prefer to average all three, some prefer to just use the medium rating.

Here's an example, it's the launch roster from back in AUG, a week before the game came out. It has 2 tabs The "Roster" tab is the info I copied and pasted from EA's site. The "Modified For Madden 08" is exactly what it says. I took just the ratings that 08 uses and averaged the throw accuracy.

Madden 24 Player Ratings (Launch).zip
(462.69 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

j4ck01
All-Pro

Postby j4ck01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:46 pm

I use NZA's Madden editor for my roster updates for the final week of the regular season. I originally used the Madden Roster Editor but I'm afraid the roster would crash the game. I feel like I want to get to the coaching staff soon with the editor as I'll try my best doing the rosters for next season (hopefully).
Feel free to support me on Patreon for early access to new uniforms: https://www.patreon.com/j4ck01

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:58 pm

Mike, thank you for your response. I will examine it and see if I have any questions. Regarding the Reddoby formula, from my readings on this forum over the past year, I saw a discussion involving a couple of folks who were compiling Madden Rosters. I believe RogerJinx was one of the individuals and another guy with the tag GoldenDragon or something was the other. The focal point of their discussion was to get the final ratings accurate enough to mirror a player's typical relief performance in a season. The gist of it was that the madden ratings didn't produce realistic results. Somehow it was learned that a guy from EA itself had developed a formula to modify the actual Madden ratings. The EA's tag was Reddoby. According to the discussion, the guy had spent countless hours moding games, adjusting the ratings, and remoding seasons until he arrived at a formula that modified certain rating categories that resulted in more realistic player performance over the course of a season. The formula was named by the various moding people as the "Reddoby" formula after the EA's tag. I don't know how accurate this history is, but I did manage to get a copy worksheet that described the formula. Unfortunately, I suspect it only makes sense to someone familiar with how the ratings are determined b/c it makes no sense to me. I can give you a copy if you want it.

Return to “Rosters”