2023-24 JIMSROSTER

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Re: 2023-24 JIMSROSTER

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:33 am

findizzle wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
bamarulzz wrote:is everyone using the DB template file from Roger for this years schedule or is there another one available to use ?

Only this one brother: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=23663

I have this DB_template file from 9-25-2023 that I'm using. I honestly don't know where I found it or the author...sorry. I do a lot of online searching for stuff. It might even be from this site??
https://mega.nz/file/IT9nzLzB#-SGDGcVFF ... XFiTsHK6kI

Yeah that's Rogerjinx it came out the same date. He is the only one who knows how to do these (Schedule, Cap, and Minimum Salary). He was and still is the best at it. But, we'll never see it again Rog is retired. Until we get a full new game mod. Which may or may not ever come again.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

j4ck01
All-Pro

Postby j4ck01 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:01 pm

I don't think we'll get yearly updated rosters again it looks like, it's looking like an end of an era.
Feel free to support me on Patreon for early access to new uniforms: https://www.patreon.com/j4ck01

madden20
Rookie

Postby madden20 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:02 pm

You know what the problem is with these modding communities?

The modders themselves get this feeling of superiority....So when it comes time or naturally time to show how it's done. To prepare a tutorial or what not...They never do it.

Much of the time, the tutorials are created by people who often have to decipher it themselves.

It could be something so simple , but something blocks these guys minds from passing down the information or the torch.

I know im going to ruffle some feathers, and this is not a direct shot at anyone, but it's a common theme.

I know Ive modded MLB 2k12 , and I would love to answer and show others how to do things. It helps as a whole and prevents the game from losing complete support.

But how many times I would ask modders, and 90% of the time I would get no answer, or some half ass answer letting me know, im not going to tell you.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:16 pm

madden20 wrote:You know what the problem is with these modding communities?

The modders themselves get this feeling of superiority....So when it comes time or naturally time to show how it's done. To prepare a tutorial or what not...They never do it.

Much of the time, the tutorials are created by people who often have to decipher it themselves.

It could be something so simple , but something blocks these guys minds from passing down the information or the torch.

I know im going to ruffle some feathers, and this is not a direct shot at anyone, but it's a common theme.

I know Ive modded MLB 2k12 , and I would love to answer and show others how to do things. It helps as a whole and prevents the game from losing complete support.

But how many times I would ask modders, and 90% of the time I would get no answer, or some half ass answer letting me know, im not going to tell you.

I am going to say that no one here or any other site knows more about rosters (for Madden 08) than me..... with that being said I would certainly help anyone learn to convert the rosters from any platform to 08 because that is basically what is happening here..... Someone needs to step up that has time to spend working on rosters and I will help anyway I can.....

I am not intending to be cocky just answering your call for help..... :D ;) :o :roll:

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:27 pm

Is Madden 08 PC going to be finally laid to rest? The Mods haven't been updated since 2021. I have lost my passion for playing Madden due to my Buccaneers sucking and I don't know how longer I will be creating draft classes, and let's face it, RogerJinx can't do it all by himself.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

j4ck01
All-Pro

Postby j4ck01 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:35 pm

thegoldendragonx wrote:Is Madden 08 PC going to be finally laid to rest? The Mods haven't been updated since 2021. I have lost my passion for playing Madden due to my Buccaneers sucking and I don't know how longer I will be creating draft classes, and let's face it, RogerJinx can't do it all by himself.

Probably, I was hoping to do more uniforms when new ones come out in the future. I like making uniforms for this modding community to show my work. I was hoping a new generation of modders work for Madden 08 every year. Like me doing the uniforms and stadiums (in tpf), TheRareButter doing the playbooks and other graphic mods, and jwisenberg doing the rosters. I remember doing my own 2019 rosters during the draft and it wasn't that good. I can try to do rosters but I will only work on the roster through Madden Roster Editor. I can try to do them.
Feel free to support me on Patreon for early access to new uniforms: https://www.patreon.com/j4ck01

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:21 am

j4ck01 wrote:
thegoldendragonx wrote:Is Madden 08 PC going to be finally laid to rest? The Mods haven't been updated since 2021. I have lost my passion for playing Madden due to my Buccaneers sucking and I don't know how longer I will be creating draft classes, and let's face it, RogerJinx can't do it all by himself.

Probably, I was hoping to do more uniforms when new ones come out in the future. I like making uniforms for this modding community to show my work. I was hoping a new generation of modders work for Madden 08 every year. Like me doing the uniforms and stadiums (in tpf), TheRareButter doing the playbooks and other graphic mods, and jwisenberg doing the rosters. I remember doing my own 2019 rosters during the draft and it wasn't that good. I can try to do rosters but I will only work on the roster through Madden Roster Editor. I can try to do them.

There is nothing or anyone standing in your way..... If you want to take over the FF Mod I don't think anyone would have a problem with it..... Revanfan has recently said that he has become to busy to do it..... Someone or a group of people just need to step up and do it.....

j4ck01
All-Pro

Postby j4ck01 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:34 pm

I did some adjustments including some moves from the trade deadline. I mean, if Jim doesn't keep going, this might be the last year of Madden 08 rosters with Jinx retiring.
2023JACKSROSTERTradeDeadline.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 86 times

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:31 pm

j4ck01 wrote:I did some adjustments including some moves from the trade deadline. I mean, if Jim doesn't keep going, this might be the last year of Madden 08 rosters with Jinx retiring.

Did you move all the RESERVE/INJURED in (PLAYERS tab) to PRACTICE SQUAD tab? Rogerjinx used to do it so we can create a new franchise and carryover the players by transferring them to our existing FRANCHISE. Remember all players in the (PLAYERS) must be moved or they will not carryover when starting a new franchise. I have my existing NFL REAL LIFE franchise matching the real NFL as of Week 9 going into Week 10. So I need all of the players to be in PRACTICE SQUAD or FREE AGENTS. This would be amazing if you could just like Rog used too. Thanks Jack!
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

j4ck01
All-Pro

Postby j4ck01 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:57 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
j4ck01 wrote:I did some adjustments including some moves from the trade deadline. I mean, if Jim doesn't keep going, this might be the last year of Madden 08 rosters with Jinx retiring.

Did you move all the RESERVE/INJURED in (PLAYERS tab) to PRACTICE SQUAD tab? Rogerjinx used to do it so we can create a new franchise and carryover the players by transferring them to our existing FRANCHISE. Remember all players in the (PLAYERS) must be moved or they will not carryover when starting a new franchise. I have my existing NFL REAL LIFE franchise matching the real NFL as of Week 9 going into Week 10. So I need all of the players to be in PRACTICE SQUAD or FREE AGENTS. This would be amazing if you could just like Rog used too. Thanks Jack!

I didn't but I would like to do that, I moved a bunch of players to free agency to lower the amount of players in the reserved players slot. Still need some work but I hope you like it :)
Also, I put some running backs in fullback position like Jerick McKinnon is moved to fullback.

Return to “Rosters”