Guide to convert to PS2

gjrandazz
Rookie

Guide to convert to PS2

Postby gjrandazz » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:01 pm

I'm looking for a guide to help me convert a Madden 08 PC roster or franchise file to one of the older PS2 Maddens. I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find any.

Guide to convert to PS2

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Guide to convert to PS2

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:01 pm

Tools you'll need:
MyMc
Ps2 Save Builder
DB Editor
Spreadsheet app

This is based on if you're using PCSX2 Emulator. If you're using actual PS2, you'll need the adapter to connect your memcard to your pc.

1. Open memory card (Mcd001.ps2) with MyMc.
2. Export the roster file to desktop.
3. Open exported roster file using Ps2 Save Builder.
4. Extract actual roster (BASLUS-XXXXXXRost1) to desktop. * XXXXXX is random numbers used in the save file, don't matter what they are.
5. Open extracted roster with DB.Editor. Export Play Table and Depth Chart to desktop.
6. Open PC version of roster using DB.Editor. Export Play Table and Depth Chart to folder on desktop (so they don't get mixed up with the PS2 files).

Notes:
1. Default PS2 Madden rosters carry the 32 teams and the Free Agents only.
2. PC Madden Rosters are larger and carry other teams including All-Time Teams, Custom Teams, Practice Squads, NFL Europe, etc.

So you're only going to export the 32 teams + free Agents from PC file into the Madden PS2 file. The same goes for the Depth Chart. You're only going to export depth chart for Teams using TGID 1-32.

After you have both Play Tables, open them in Excel or your spreadsheet app. Sort the PC Play Table sheet ascending by TGID. You're only going to copy/select the 32 teams (TGID 1-32) and (TGID - 1009) Free Agents.

****** BEFORE YOU COPY/SELECT YOU MUST VERIFY AND MATCH EVERY COLUMN HEADING FROM PS2 PLAY TABLE WITH THE PC PLAY TABLE********** IF there is a column in PS2, it must be included when you export the table from the PC Play Table.

After you've verified the correct columns to copy, select the teams TGID 1-32 and copy/overwrite the teams in the PS2 Play Table. Do the same for the Team TGID 1009 Free agents and the Depth Chart. Save your new Play Table using a new name.

Import the new Play Table and Depth Chart into the file open with DB.Editor. Save.
Import the updated roster file back into the file opened with Ps2 Save Builder. Save.
Import the updated roster file back into the file opened with MyMC. Save

Start Madden, load the roster on the memcard, enjoy the updated players!

gjrandazz
Rookie

Postby gjrandazz » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 pm

It seems like a long process, but well worth it if done right. I appreciate you taking the time to share your instructions. Thanks a bunch!

gjrandazz
Rookie

Postby gjrandazz » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:03 am

Couple of questions,

1) Which is the best DB editor to use?
2) Do I have to put .DB at the end of the PS2 roster?

I've tried a few times already, but I keep getting loading error in-game. I can't seem to pinpoint where I messed up. The filesize is the same. It could be possible that there were columns missing from the ps2 file. I'm going to have to go over each and every column. I kinda just skimmed through it, everything looked the same.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:05 am

gjrandazz wrote:Couple of questions,

1) Which is the best DB editor to use? It doesn't matter. I used DB Editor 3 in my test.
2) Do I have to put .DB at the end of the PS2 roster? No

I've tried a few times already, but I keep getting loading error in-game. I can't seem to pinpoint where I messed up. The filesize is the same. It could be possible that there were columns missing from the ps2 file. I'm going to have to go over each and every column. I kinda just skimmed through it, everything looked the same.

My test is for Madden 08 PC to Madden 08 PS2 using PCSX2. I have not tested any other version of Madden on PS2 or use actual PS2 equipment for the exercise. Make sure your 32 team's TGID range is 1-32 and 1009 for the free agents.

gjrandazz
Rookie

Postby gjrandazz » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 pm

I've been using the extreme(MXDBE) version. I am going to try to use Madden DB editor V3. Do I also copy the extra free agents in the the PC roster to the PS2 roster?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:06 pm

gjrandazz wrote:I've been using the extreme(MXDBE) version. I am going to try to use Madden DB editor V3. Do I also copy the extra free agents in the the PC roster to the PS2 roster?

I don't get it. :oops: I wrote a guide that works. The guide is clear and concise. You continually ask questions outside of the guide. Read the notes section.

gjrandazz
Rookie

Postby gjrandazz » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Your guide is excellent and very helpful. But there were 1 or 2 things I wasn't sure of. No need to get snappy.

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:04 pm

I use a hex editor along with editing the files off a PS2 since there is code in front of what the editor needs to read which is the DB part of the code to match the PC version of Madden rosters and Franchise files.

Once you remove that code from the files of the PS2 file depending on whether it's a roster file or a franchise file you'll add .ros or .fra to the end of the file.

If you use the Madden xtreme Db editor you don't had to edit the PS2 code it will automatically take it out.

I edit PS2 files constantly so I do this a lot.

alexobt
Rookie

Postby alexobt » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Thanks for the guide! I'm just having one issue....

When I export the csv files after doing the copy and paste and try to import those into DB Editor I get the infamous "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application" message. Anyone else got this issue and know how to resolve? I'm trying to edit the Madden 08 roster with the updated 2021 roster.

Return to “Rosters”