ROJORoster

Cleaning up the Roster

Poll ended at Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

1. Leave as is
26%
2. Remove all inactive and retired players, move all 32 PS players to the Practice Squad Roster ( not the PS roster )
30%
3. Remove all Players that are not in Madden 21
13%
4. Remove all players not in Madden 21 and add the All-Time Teams for the 32 NFL teams
22%
5. Don't care I will go with the majority
9%

Total votes: 23

BUS36
Hall of Fame

ROJORoster

Postby BUS36 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:50 pm

I have spoken with my co maker rogerjinx and want your opinion in a vote...

What we should do with the roster going forward.

Also any comments leave below...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

ROJORoster

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: ROJORoster

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:22 am

BUS36 wrote:I have spoken with my co maker rogerjinx and want your opinion in a vote...

What we should do with the roster going forward.

Also any comments leave below...

Could you clarify what exactly you mean in option 2, regarding the practice squad players?

Anyway, my vote would be only to remove retired players and nothing more, which isn't an option, so I guess my vote will go to leave as is.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:25 am

we have two Practice Squads in our roster...

1.Practice Squad
2. PS

let us remove the "PS", by what I say is move the players that are on the NFL teams "Practice Squad" to just that the Practice Squad.

We also have tons of players that are not even in the league anymore that are in Retired, Extra FA and Free Agents. I believe that removing those players that are retired and those who are inactive( meaning that 1.they are part of created teams like AAF,... etc. 2. they haven't played in years..eg..Carson Palmer )would allow the roster to be more easier to manage.
We have over 1900+ players on Extra FreeAgents...I think that there is at least half to 2/3 that are not needed

EDIT: When you play a Franchise.. you have the 32 NFL, FREEAGENTS, and PRACTICE SQUAD(not PS Players)
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:51 pm

The issue is, you can't have players on the Practice Squad team between seasons. TGID 1008. If you do, the game will have bugs, most notable of which is a bug that prevents players from aging when advancing to the next season in francise mode. So you'll have to leave that team empty no matter what. That is ONLY for use in franchise mode to temporarily hold players for the user-controlled teams (for instance, putting an injured player there so they don't take up a spot on the 55). There needs to be another team to hold excess players in the roster. Feel free to get rid of all of the retired players, sure, but keep don't put the practice squad players on TGID 1008.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:12 pm

RevanFan wrote:The issue is, you can't have players on the Practice Squad team between seasons. TGID 1008. If you do, the game will have bugs, most notable of which is a bug that prevents players from aging when advancing to the next season in francise mode. So you'll have to leave that team empty no matter what. That is ONLY for use in franchise mode to temporarily hold players for the user-controlled teams (for instance, putting an injured player there so they don't take up a spot on the 55). There needs to be another team to hold excess players in the roster. Feel free to get rid of all of the retired players, sure, but keep don't put the practice squad players on TGID 1008.

I agree to Revanfan, the reason I leave the Practice Squad empty which in my experience in the past, causes a lot of complains like missing FA players once they are in the offseason.

Version 4 roster onwards have a team called Reserved specifically for those players recently added into the active list due to injuries of notable players who I cant take out since they will be back later or after the season. I believe most users wouldn't want to have a newly created franchise without those key players. Yes they will be out during the 1st season of their franchise file but they will be coming back on the 2nd season.

As for players who are in the practice squad of each team in the NFL, I put them in the FA so they can be brought into the franchise and can be signed by any team which is true unless they are protected (in which case, I may put them in the reserved or in the active list).

Some injured players who are not starters, players with only 1 year remaining in their contract are placed in INJURED team.

For the Retired team, there is no problem with it for me since obviously, they wont be carried into the franchise, and based also to my experience, some users want to unretire some players for fantasy reason giving them option of flexibility of the roster.

Each year, all players whether they are in Retired, Extra FAs, etc are all progressed simultaneously be it age, year of experience and year on the team (if they are injured) so anytime someone wants them into their new franchise, they can pull them out with less update needed like contract or ratings. Again, this is very easy for me in terms of roster management.

I agree on Bus36 and inclined to do an All Time Team but not yet sure if it already exists in other mods here. I also want to retire those inactive players in the Extra FAs so I can take their portrait slots and use them for the new players.

As for the changes made by EA in their player ratings website, I found a way now to extract the weekly update and can do it in less than an hour of tedious copy paste with a little BBCode and Excel formula.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:37 pm

I think the roster should be restructured to the default Madden 08 roster.

***** The Madden default roster holds a whopping 192 defaults teams and has room to create additional custom teams 64 with no problem!

There's no reason to have retired, Extra FA, etc that will never play the NFL again and limit's the Madden NFL game to only 32 teams! If retired players are good enough, they can be added to their GHT or All-Time teams. 2019 KC, 2019 SF, 2019 Titans and 2019 Ravens would be included in the GHT teams. And Patrick Mahomes & Lamar Jackson are dynamic enough to be include on their All-Time Teams!

A: Current NFL 32 Teams with current FA's as default as franchise ready. Keeping the FA pool number of players exact to the default numbers (259), so that during the off-season, it doesn't crash madden! Practice Squads are somebody's pipe dream and were NEVER apart of any Madden PC or PS2 franchise, so those players should not be hoarded and moved to the correct FA pool!

B: Using Elguapo's method of adding teams, include 84 GHT and the 32 All-Time teams. (GHT's and All-time teams can be redone to include some of today's greats)!

GHT's are SB winners, runner-up's, and a playoff team or two that had an exciting season for that year!

NFL Europe slots can be used for current XFL or CFL teams!
Edit: Current XFL player pool is also available to be signed by NFL teams!

C: Also there is room to add 64 NCAA current teams too! With the NCAA teams included, there are 4 years worth of draftable players into Madden NFL teams using a tool like Madden Amp! 4 years of correct real-life rookies already to be superstar mod players and drafted into the NFL! And if someone wanted all 126 D1 teams, the remaining teams would be imported as custom teams already built for the game!

This is just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with it, but I do expect some will disagree!

CLMCC
All-Pro

Postby CLMCC » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I think the roster should be restructured to the default Madden 08 roster.

Mike is correct , that is the only way to avoid crashes and conflicts

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 am

This is why I did what I did..we need to talk these things out get all opinions on the subjectsI we all come to an a agreement on what the future is then it makes more sense.
1. By say going to the default Madden 08 roster how hard would that be to update to 2020?
2, Can we move the updated uniforms? helmets and accessories?
3. Stadium makeovers?
4. GHT and SB winners and losers, will there be conflicts in uniforms?

I think if all these are do able then we make it easy decision.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 am

CLMCC wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I think the roster should be restructured to the default Madden 08 roster.

Mike is correct , that is the only way to avoid crashes and conflicts

Yeah, I will be considering this.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:04 am

***** The Madden default roster holds a whopping 192 defaults teams and has room to create additional custom teams 64 with no problem!

There's no reason to have retired, Extra FA, etc that will never play the NFL again and limit's the Madden NFL game to only 32 teams! If retired players are good enough, they can be added to their GHT or All-Time teams. 2019 KC, 2019 SF, 2019 Titans and 2019 Ravens would be included in the GHT teams. And Patrick Mahomes & Lamar Jackson are dynamic enough to be include on their All-Time Teams!

A: Current NFL 32 Teams with current FA's as default as franchise ready. Keeping the FA pool number of players exact to the default numbers (259), so that during the off-season, it doesn't crash madden! Practice Squads are somebody's pipe dream and were NEVER apart of any Madden PC or PS2 franchise, so those players should not be hoarded and moved to the correct FA pool!

B: Using Elguapo's method of adding teams, include 84 GHT and the 32 All-Time teams. (GHT's and All-time teams can be redone to include some of today's greats)!

GHT's are SB winners, runner-up's, and a playoff team or two that had an exciting season for that year!

NFL Europe slots can be used for current XFL or CFL teams!
Edit: Current XFL player pool is also available to be signed by NFL teams!

C: Also there is room to add 64 NCAA current teams too! With the NCAA teams included, there are 4 years worth of draftable players into Madden NFL teams using a tool like Madden Amp! 4 years of correct real-life rookies already to be superstar mod players and drafted into the NFL! And if someone wanted all 126 D1 teams, the remaining teams would be imported as custom teams already built for the game!

This is just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with it, but I do expect some will disagree!

These are nice inputs and will be considering some to be added.

Return to “Rosters”