2020-2021 ROJO ROSTER

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Re: 2020-2021 ROJO ROSTER

Postby Dolphan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 pm

Not gonna lie, I can't agree with the ratings for some of these kickers on V8. The CPU kicking gameplay has been awful, even with the sliders boosted up to 99 accuraciy. Mason Crosby is 5-12 and several misses came from >20 yards out. I get that kickers can miss any field goal in any conditions, but these misses are absolute shanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Dolphan wrote:Not gonna lie, I can't agree with the ratings for some of these kickers on V8. The CPU kicking gameplay has been awful, even with the sliders boosted up to 99 accuraciy. Mason Crosby is 5-12 and several misses came from >20 yards out. I get that kickers can miss any field goal in any conditions, but these misses are absolute shanks.

Then I will have to update the awareness of the kickers. Madden 21 ratings doesnt translate well to Madden 08 for these kickers.

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:35 am

LeNordique wrote:
LeNordique wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
Yeap before you proceed to offseason, make sure to only have a max of 421 FAs. Anything more than that, I cannot guarantee a successful advance to offseason.

What do you recommend doing with the excess FA players? Move to Practice Squad? Move to the retired players list? Delete entirely?

Sorry to come back to this - you were correct that too many FAs were keeping me from advancing to the offseason. I cut the number down below 420 (moved players with OVR under 69 to the "retired" list), but now after I've moved into the FA signing period in the offseason the .fra won't load and says that the file is damaged. I'm guessing my options are:

-Going into MaddenAMP and moving more players from the FA list to the retired list or on to other teams. As far as I know, I have to do this individually for each player which is really time consuming given the number of FAs
-Resigning players in Franchise mode myself for all teams to prevent too many FAs from hitting the market. Also arduous, but maybe easier?

My question is whether there are other workarounds or solutions to this problem that I'm missing or if there are ways to speed up the process.

Many thanks as always for your help and hard work

Back to this again...I was able to make it through the offseason (thanks for your help) and now I'm in preseason and the game crashes during the load screen when I go to play a game (I can load the .fra file no problem)...any ideas?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:54 am

LeNordique wrote:
LeNordique wrote:
LeNordique wrote:
What do you recommend doing with the excess FA players? Move to Practice Squad? Move to the retired players list? Delete entirely?

Sorry to come back to this - you were correct that too many FAs were keeping me from advancing to the offseason. I cut the number down below 420 (moved players with OVR under 69 to the "retired" list), but now after I've moved into the FA signing period in the offseason the .fra won't load and says that the file is damaged. I'm guessing my options are:

-Going into MaddenAMP and moving more players from the FA list to the retired list or on to other teams. As far as I know, I have to do this individually for each player which is really time consuming given the number of FAs
-Resigning players in Franchise mode myself for all teams to prevent too many FAs from hitting the market. Also arduous, but maybe easier?

My question is whether there are other workarounds or solutions to this problem that I'm missing or if there are ways to speed up the process.

Many thanks as always for your help and hard work

Back to this again...I was able to make it through the offseason (thanks for your help) and now I'm in preseason and the game crashes during the load screen when I go to play a game (I can load the .fra file no problem)...any ideas?

Should have maximum 55 players on any team, check also the depth chart.

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:50 am

Should have maximum 55 players on any team, check also the depth chart.

That took care of it...many thanks

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:49 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
Dolphan wrote:Not gonna lie, I can't agree with the ratings for some of these kickers on V8. The CPU kicking gameplay has been awful, even with the sliders boosted up to 99 accuraciy. Mason Crosby is 5-12 and several misses came from >20 yards out. I get that kickers can miss any field goal in any conditions, but these misses are absolute shanks.

Then I will have to update the awareness of the kickers. Madden 21 ratings doesnt translate well to Madden 08 for these kickers.

No worries. I used the Madden Editor tool and upgraded all K's awareness by 20 and that, for the most part, seemed to do the trick. I've come to accept that A.I kicking is garbage in the base game even with slider adjustments.

Viper652
All-Pro

Postby Viper652 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:30 pm

When will the final roster be ready for free

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:38 pm

Viper652 wrote:When will the final roster be ready for free

Just waiting for the final ratings update.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Final roster update for 2020 season uploaded on first post.

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 pm

Kevin King's got 70 Awareness? I'd say that's being generous :lol:

Return to “Rosters”