NFL2: A whole new league!

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Download all you need in this zipped folder to play the NFL2 franchise here! This is for Madden 08.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0he9dg0m5egcpdr/NFL2Madden08.rar/file

This includes a franchise file ready to kick off the 2008 NFL2 season, plus the custom art for each team. The franchise has a player portrait DAT file to place into your default Madden directory. Please backup your original before overwriting this DAT file into your folder.

I love football!!! I love minor league football, playing in the spring and filling the gridiron void, without the National Football League in play. When I first got Madden I spent my time recreating the spring minor football leagues that I followed with great interest. Then I decided, why not create a league of my own?

This project first began in the summer of 2013. I originally planned on doing texmod and changing the ball and all of the NFL logos with my own custom League logo. I did not accomplish that after I spent my time building the rosters with real players and creating 1728 new portraits. There are way too many NFL logos to overcome, and I was just itching to play. So I put the franchise together and played through the 2007 season and began a journal here following the action. The journal has long since needed to be updated, but I chose to spend the time polishing this project up to put it out for release in our community.

This is NFL2. ... what if? (kayfabe) all of those stray owners who put together the UFL and many other interested parties were gathered up and given an opportunity to own a team funded and backed by the National Football League with it's only intentions as to make a minor Spring league that is self standing with it's own teams and players. This league would carry the branding of the NFL, but be played only during the months between February and August. A league not meant to compete in anyway with what is already established, a chance to bring professional football to new markets and keep the circus running year 'round.

Now you can play out the 2008 season and create football history with this new league. http://www.mediafire.com/file/0he9dg0m5egcpdr/NFL2Madden08.rar/file

I created 32 custom teams using Madden's default cities. Most of the logos are courtesy of the old maddenteams.com, three of the logos are Madden's default ones and I created a few.

The project began with 1728 REAL! players, each with portraits that I created. Since Madden 08 is default at 2007 I started the franchise there. After the 2007 season ended, 160 rookies were drafted into the franchise for the next season's play. Each with their portraits. The players height, weight, age, college, physiques and skin tone are 100% accurate. Ages reflect March 1, 2008.

DOWNLOAD THE NFL2 LEAGUE HERE!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0he9dg0m5egcpdr/NFL2Madden08.rar/file
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: NFL2: A whole new league!

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 pm

The teams in NFL2

***AFC EAST***

NEW JERSEY PREDATORS

KINGS of NEW YORK

PHILADELPHIA LIBERTY

WASHINGTON DC FEDERALIST

***AFC NORTH***

CLEVELAND BULLDOGS

DOVER DRAGONS

PITTSBURGH DESTROYERS

PROVIDENCE HORNETS

***AFC SOUTH***

MIAMI SABERS

SAN ANTONIO STAMPEDE

TALLAHASSEE CITRUS

TEXAS ARMADILLOS

***AFC WEST***

BOISE MAVERICKS

LAS VEGAS PHARAOHS

NEW MEXICO ROADRUNNERS

UTAH EXPRESS

***NFC EAST***

CAROLINA RENEGADES

GEORGIA RATTLERS

MEMPHIS MUSTANGS

RICHMOND FIREBIRDS

***NFC NORTH***

CHICAGO HITMEN

LINCOLN LIGHTNING

MICHIGAN WARRIORS

WYOMING BISON

***NFC SOUTH***

BIRMINGHAM KNIGHTS

HOUSTON OUTLAWS

JACKSON COLONELS

NEW ORLEANS JAZZ

***NFC WEST***

CALIFORNIA CONDORS

LOS ANGELES SHARKS

OREGON RIVER OTTERS

SAN JOSE HAWKS
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:18 pm

*game action from the 2007 season

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 pm

cool league ..here is a gift the NFL2Madden08 Roster ....

to play in your own mod...hope you like it

NFL2Madden08.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:08 pm

BUS36 wrote:cool league ..here is a gift the NFL2Madden08 Roster ....

to play in your own mod...hope you like it

NFL2Madden08.ros

thanks!! I did export the teams, and then I was going to add them to a fresh roster and put it in the folder. But then, I just wanted to play! so I went right to kick off in preseason. i'll update the 2007 journal and finish that before I make anymore unfinished journals.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:48 pm

one last thing I didn't mention....

A neat side effect to these players in this franchise I did not intend on is that many of them are in Al Michaels' soundtrack. Most of these guys were potential draft selections from the first seven years of the millennium but never really "made it". Their names were recorded by Al Michaels, but were rarely used.

Here are some of the unique names Al says in this franchise, Nall, Adibi, Cobourne, Babers, Ferrara, Smoker, Postell, Blaylock, Sams, Elimimian, McPherson, Zereoue, Gramatica, Garay, Roberson, Barnard, Fontenot, Benoit, Gause, House, Landrum, Leak, Sinclair, Cloud, LeSeuer, Dorsch, Seawright, Bannister, Currie, Cottrell, Brimmer, Durr, Kingsbury, Akbar, Jue, Clarett, Marler, Croom, Koutouvides [he actually had an okay NFL career], Shivers, Novak, Germany, Beach, Crowell, Weeks, Dinwiddie, Webb, Fife, Avery, Yates, Tant, Beitia, Schifino, Payne, Irons, Geathers, Stubblefield, Nance, Awasom, Sears, Van Pelt, Underwood, Clanton, Seigler, Meeuwsen, Clausen, Darby, Ragone, Rutherford, Body (bo-dee), Brightful, Wimprine, LaFleur, Echemandu, Davey, Chiaverni, Craver, Goodspeed, Forsey, Hybl, Israel, Filipovic, Dunbar, Canidate, Cortez, Sikes, Beriault, Benekos, Miree, Rhinehart, Grootegoed, and Woody Dantzler!

GaryGrinch
Rookie

Postby GaryGrinch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:09 am

Where do I place the .dds files? Thanks!

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:01 pm

GaryGrinch wrote:Where do I place the .dds files? Thanks!

The dds files do not need to be placed anywhere. All of those are in the portrait DAT. I just included them if anyone wanted to use them for anything else, or they wanted to replace any portraits.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:02 am

Looks amazing!
No signature needed.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:01 pm

Theov wrote:Looks amazing!

aww shucks, thank man. :) there are a few crummy portraits I need to fix someday, I did them all in one shot and never looked back.

Return to “Rosters”