The Fictional NFL

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: The Fictional NFL

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm

RevanFan wrote:You know, I always wanted to create a roster like this but could never find the motivation. Good on you for doing it.

I think i might have got the idea from you. :)
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I used to do this very thing back on the old XBOX Maddens. The game had a limit on how many players could be created, but on the ol' beast of the xbox, you could easily replace 30-35 players on every team, as well as build a substantial Free Agent Pool.
I would release existing players, manually lower their attributes until they were 12 OVR, then start a franchise and perform the Fantasy Draft.
Since the original players, now in the Free Agent Pool, had OVR of 12, most of them, if not all were gone after the first couple of seasons.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.
I read this and it brought back some good memories...thanks for sharing your file.

Yes!! I would do the same thing. The old EA NCAA games on the snes, you could only edit 25 players but i thought it was the greatest game evolution ever. Then when the PS1 came around, NCAA featured up to 12 teams you could edit. Then, i would make my own conferences and schedules and play just those 12 teams, do the seasons 8 times for each conference and manually track the stats. [hey! It kept me off the streets] ..... i played the old Hardball baseball games only for the free edit on everything.

Anyway, what were we talking about?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

aramsbradford08
All-Pro

Postby aramsbradford08 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:17 am

already started a franchise. great stuff :D

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:30 am

aramsbradford08 wrote:already started a franchise. great stuff :D

Good stuff!! Make a journal for your league action.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Thu May 18, 2023 9:19 pm

I am using this roster to do my 69ers franchise.
I did a fantasy draft and only drafted 69OVR players or lower.

Then I simmed the first season and relocated about 9 teams with the logos I've created over the time.

Then I played the season and only pick up UDFAs and 69OVR and lower veterans. No draft picks.
I do minicamps though.
No signature needed.

Joe Smith
Rookie

Postby Joe Smith » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:22 pm

I know this is an old post, but I have been looking for something like this for a while. Thanks.

Return to “Rosters”