Historic rosters in game

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Historic rosters in game

Postby tinpanalley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Does anyone know if there is a roster file where all the historic teams have had the players named? Is this doable?

Historic rosters in game

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Historic rosters in game

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:06 pm

tinpanalley wrote:Does anyone know if there is a roster file where all the historic teams have had the players named? Is this doable?

You can do it yourself. The FF10 mod does...

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:Does anyone know if there is a roster file where all the historic teams have had the players named? Is this doable?

So silly of me, I didn't even check the FF mod I play because I just assumed someone probably made an entire historic mod separate from the teams in the game. Ok cool.
So do you mean the FF2010? That's the last one where someone put player names on those teams?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:05 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

So silly of me, I didn't even check the FF mod I play because I just assumed someone probably made an entire historic mod separate from the teams in the game. Ok cool.
So do you mean the FF2010? That's the last one were someone put player names on those teams?

We removed the teams after that. They weren't really accurate enough to meet our standards, plus they took up a lot of room and made editing the roster a pain.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm

RevanFan wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:You can do it yourself. The FF10 mod does...

So do you mean the FF2010? That's the last one were someone put player names on those teams?

We removed the teams after that. They weren't really accurate enough to meet our standards, plus they took up a lot of room and made editing the roster a pain.

Oh, ok. That completely makes sense. Besides it's not like there's something like in 2K5 where you have historic "moments" to recreate. I guess I'll try the
Greatest Historical Teams Mod instead.
By the way, half way through my season and just absolutely loving EVERYthing. And I play with the Giants!! :lol: But really, the broadcasts, the rosters, the uniforms and stadiums... just incredible.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Since I started playing Madden 08, I've been trying to name all of the historical teams, but I've never been able to stay motivated to do it; it's very tedious work. My latest attempt is with .DAT uniforms and custom DB_TEMPLATES.DAT.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 am

I recommend this mod that BigDaddyCool put together. Also includes USFL and some WFL rosters....

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14669

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Leeman67 wrote:I recommend this mod that BigDaddyCool put together. Also includes USFL and some WFL rosters....

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. How is it different from the "Greatest Historical Teams Mod"?
And does anyone know what the "Super Bowl mod" is that they mention in that link?

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
Leeman67 wrote:I recommend this mod that BigDaddyCool put together. Also includes USFL and some WFL rosters....

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. How is it different from the "Greatest Historical Teams Mod"?
And does anyone know what the "Super Bowl mod" is that they mention in that link?

I'm not familiar with the Super Bowl mod. But re: the All-inclusive roster, it just provides the accurate player names for each historic team that was included in the original EA stock rosters. I think the "Greatest Historical Teams" mod does go a bit deeper and adds more custom teams, but I can't recall specifically. I haven't taken a long enough look at that one.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Leeman67 wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:

I'm not familiar with the Super Bowl mod. But re: the All-inclusive roster, it just provides the accurate player names for each historic team that was included in the original EA stock rosters. I think the "Greatest Historical Teams" mod does go a bit deeper and adds more custom teams, but I can't recall specifically. I haven't taken a long enough look at that one.

I've gotten really into playing historic seasons in different sports game mods. I've actually used them to learn about periods of sports history I wanted to learn more about. Playing an old baseball season with an MVP 2005 mod and it's given me so many things to research and read more about. So I wanted to just be able to go through the years (like in NLF 2K5) and play different Super Bowls. That's all, really. Although entire years would be cool.

Return to “Rosters”