Forum Goal: Accumulate/stabilize Every Roster Year Possible

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16184 - Creating Rosters and Franchises that work

there is nothing like being able to play with an older roster (for example 1996), on a decent game (madden 08 pc). there were roster/franchise mods for A FEW madden games for xbox 360. a mod that charged a fee. VERY few historic rosters came out for the most part successful, but all were limited, all others full of glitches, only working in exhibition. there also hasnt been a working madden editor since like madden 12. ive also tried nfl2k5 on original xbox. there are MANY rosters that reach back to like the 60's, but again most have glitches and are all very limited compared to what we can do here. it would take some luck and a lot of time for me to find what all we have here as for older rosters. i've already tried this same type of thread years ago but i got a very limited response. from what i have been able to dig up, in the years that i was looking for first, many here are also full of errors, not playable franchise.

my goal here now is to elaborate on how madden 08 is special compared to other systems, what it is capable of, and what we are missing out on. i wish we could put the same energy we do with annual rosters into earlier rosters.

we have all different aged members here. we have older aged guys who were more into rosters in the 80's, 70's. me, i started watching the nfl in 1996. i am familiar with more names from that era, so i appreciate the rosters from then and onward.

i wish right now we could get guys to come together, pick a roster/roster year/decade to create, and/or fix rosters that someone has already put a ton of detail in and make them playable in franchise mode. and because the divisions back then are aligned differently from what they do today, find the best way to still have teams play those division rivals as much as possible every year.

i use to have an xbox one. i lost it. but i still enjoy every version of madden on every console pretty much. one day madden 08 is going to be incomparable to newer versions of madden, due to the advancement in technology, graphics, physics, etc. like 15-20 years from now. but one thing new versions of madden most likely wont be able to produce is the way madden 08 pc can incorporate past-time rosters. we wont ever be able to mod the stadiums, schedules, coaches names, etc, on console.

one thing i wish for every now and again with madden is that i was one of these younger kids today, growing up with the nfl, and getting to play the nfl with these high quality gaming consoles. in my day i had madden 93, 94, 95, 96, for sega and snes. they were better on pc (i never got the chance to play), but newer windows doesnt support those games anymore. on top of it, those games were 1 season and done. now franchise mode is continually playable season after season. but compare madden 93, 94, 95, 96 for sega, snes, pc, to what we can produce with madden 08 pc, it is truly amazing. something we can not find anywhere else.

again, there is nothing like playing that 1996 roster. it is glitchy as heck, but im waiting aaron to send me rosters from 1995-1997 that he has apparently fixed. ill see what else he has as well. ill ask him to upload everything.

but yeah, lets make it a focal point to breathe life back into years prior of 2007 as far back as we can, in as much detail as we can, and most importantly, without glitches.

correct me if im wrong (share your rosters here), but i believe there is a lot of football to be played that we havent even tapped into yet. i have forgotten all of the working rosters we did have (i havent been here since like 2014). im looking at the file section, and for M08 it shows we have 1995, 1996, neither works in franchise and still crashes in exhibition. the 3rd roster is from 2009. if it were up to me, i'd like to see rosters for every year prior to 2008, going back as early as possible. but at least from 1994 - 2007.

im trying to pump you all up, and show to you after all of my digging around on xbox, xbox 360, ps2, ps3, xbox 1, madden, nfl2k5, all these years, madden 08 pc is the game to make these rosters for, and that we're missing out on a lot more that can be done.

these are for nfl2k5. we can run the roster and roster editor from our pc the same as madden 08 pc, and carry over the details, including player appearance etc.
http://nfl2k5rosters.com/

unfortunately i have a lazy eye, and i can only spend 1 hour a day modding in any form because im trying to correct my vision. its harder to use both eyes when modding, but playing an actual game helps correct them since i am able to use both at the same time. i use a 32 inch tv like a pc screen. i will help mod, but i can only do it 1 hour a day.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Forum Goal: Accumulate Every Roster Year Possible

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm too busy to help out with a project like this, but feel free to use the players from my historic Cowboys teams, so long as proper credit is given. I also have every uniform in Cowboys history, but you'd have to ask 1312qohelet and cyclone2426 for permission for those.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:08 am

im attempting to build the 1999 roster. - edit: i will be too busy with my current mod -

most is cut and paste, using rosters from nfl2k5, its editor, and its tool to export to spreedsheet. i'll upload an excel roster template that'll show each tables definition above where you can paste in the players and their info, in the next day. this will allow us to quickly copy and paste a whole skill set at once, cutting out the delay it will take needed to look up what a table's definition for each skill set. im going to also need to come up with an easy method (template) to convert player skin/face/accessories into spreadsheet because the exact number of face ids, skin, accessories, etc, are different.

so far, the following is what we can and cant just paste in through spreadsheet.

can;
all ratings
weight
name
number
years pro

cant;
college
height
accessories - different ids
face/skin - different ids
positions, however its extremely easy to sort and type in through spreadsheet. it took 1 minute.
hand, but it is just like inputting positions. it took 1 minute to complete.

we may run into the issue of the league not having teams like the texans. it really wont be a big deal like i first expected. the good outweighs the bad by far. i think the best route to go is just to imagine they formed their expansion team earlier than what they actually did so theyre not just an easy W in the win column, or distraction, etc. and if you are in their division by default, we'll find a swift way beforehand to toss them into a different division and make sure we only play them once a week if not nil. and more schedules to go beyond the first year.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Template spreadsheet with color-coded categories/definitions
Attachments
TeamRosterBuildingTemplateWithDefinitions.xls
(70.5 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:36 pm

i just noticed a previous pinned thread of compiled rosters. cool to see. i hope this thread will still encourage even more rosters. Thanks to those who have already worked on those rosters.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16968

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm

if you guys are having trouble opening nfl2k5 rosters with its editor, trying clicking on the 360 logo/option in the open file area. some of these rosters are for original xbox, others are for 360.

Return to “Rosters”