2017-2018 ROGERJINX ROSTER

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: 2017-2018 ROGERJINX ROSTER

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:17 am

Roger, I just want to say thank you for everything you do for this community, it is greatly appreciated. The amount of work you put in is remarkable!

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:Roger, I just want to say thank you for everything you do for this community, it is greatly appreciated. The amount of work you put in is remarkable!

Thank you too KIT. :)

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:23 pm

BUS36 wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
I need you to focus on the long term. With those injured starters and replacements piling up, we need to decide which should be retained in the active 55 for each team so they can carry those now-injured starters into their franchise.

On the next roster update, I will release 2 versions - long and short term.

Ok..I will start looking at the long term... and then I will go through with who I think should be kept on the 55 man roster.

What I usually did with the IR rookies draft #1-4 was kept them on the team because they most likely wouldn't be cut. For the 5th round and maybe a few 4th round players I would see what the reports said of the team's wanting to keep them. For 6th, 7th, and undrafted I usually put in FA because chances are they'd go to a team's practice squad and could be signed by other teams. Quite a few 6th and 7th round players end up out of the league within a year or two.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Raston wrote:
BUS36 wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
I need you to focus on the long term. With those injured starters and replacements piling up, we need to decide which should be retained in the active 55 for each team so they can carry those now-injured starters into their franchise.

On the next roster update, I will release 2 versions - long and short term.

Ok..I will start looking at the long term... and then I will go through with who I think should be kept on the 55 man roster.

What I usually did with the IR rookies draft #1-4 was kept them on the team because they most likely wouldn't be cut. For the 5th round and maybe a few 4th round players I would see what the reports said of the team's wanting to keep them. For 6th, 7th, and undrafted I usually put in FA because chances are they'd go to a team's practice squad and could be signed by other teams. Quite a few 6th and 7th round players end up out of the league within a year or two.

Thanks Raston for that suggestion.

Viper652
All-Pro

Postby Viper652 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Im really surprised EA rates the Seahawks defense better than the Jaguars defense

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm

What I did do was who was on IR as of today... version 9.0 roster was used and I placed the guys on IR..one team that needed guys moved up off of PS was Green Bay. so guys that rogerjinx had on INJURED or EXTRA FA or PRACTICE SQUAD stayed there( DeAngelo Hall was moved off the PUP list and started in week9 ).

EDIT: TE Bennett was picked up by the Patriots..moved WR Edellman to INJURED
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:17 am

BUS36 wrote:What I did do was who was on IR as of today... version 9.0 roster was used and I placed the guys on IR..one team that needed guys moved up off of PS was Green Bay. so guys that rogerjinx had on INJURED or EXTRA FA or PRACTICE SQUAD stayed there( DeAngelo Hall was moved off the PUP list and started in week9 ).

I had a hard with this too but decided to keep Edelman and put the 3rd DT temporarily in PS. I will release 2 versions on Sunday - v10.0 (long term) and v10.1 (short term).

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:21 am

rogerjinx wrote:
BUS36 wrote:What I did do was who was on IR as of today... version 9.0 roster was used and I placed the guys on IR..one team that needed guys moved up off of PS was Green Bay. so guys that rogerjinx had on INJURED or EXTRA FA or PRACTICE SQUAD stayed there( DeAngelo Hall was moved off the PUP list and started in week9 ).

I had a hard with this too but decided to keep Edelman and put the 3rd DT temporarily in PS. I will release 2 versions on Sunday - v10.0 (long term) and v10.1 (short term). There will be new UDFA rookies and portrait assignments in preparation for my upcoming HD portrait updates

Buffalonian
Rookie

Postby Buffalonian » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Having a problem extracting this latest roster file (v 9.0). 7z keeps saying "Can not open file as archive."

2017's previous versions (1 & 2) of Roster files have extracted fine.
Downloaded DB Templates last night with no issues either.
There does appear to be a small discrepancy with the Roster file size (Mediafire lists as 2.04MB, but downloaded is 2,094kb), but I believe I've seen minor differences like that in the past.

Is there another link I can try using?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Buffalonian wrote:Having a problem extracting this latest roster file (v 9.0). 7z keeps saying "Can not open file as archive."

2017's previous versions (1 & 2) of Roster files have extracted fine.
Downloaded DB Templates last night with no issues either.
There does appear to be a small discrepancy with the Roster file size (Mediafire lists as 2.04MB, but downloaded is 2,094kb), but I believe I've seen minor differences like that in the past.

Is there another link I can try using?

There is no size discrepancy. 2094 KiB is equal to 2.044 MiB.

It won't open the file because it's not a compressed archive. The roster is simply a .ros file. Just put it in the rosters folder and load it in-game.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Rosters”