2017-2018 ROGERJINX ROSTER

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: 2017-2018 ROGERJINX ROSTER

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:16 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Hey roger. Do you mind if I make a few write ups about which real life stats should be appropriate to use for the assignment of roles and player weapons?

Yes, I dont mind. I will gladly take any constructive input as long it is reasonable and factual. I only rely on CPU sim in offseason on which player role a player should get.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:51 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Hey roger. Do you mind if I make a few write ups about which real life stats should be appropriate to use for the assignment of roles and player weapons?

Yes, I dont mind. I will gladly take any constructive input as long it is reasonable and factual. I only rely on CPU sim in offseason on which player role a player should get.

Great! I originally made a write up about what I think the offseason does when it comes to the roles. I though it assigned roles based on the player ratings like Speed, Awareness, Catching, Strength and so on. I definitely can't confirm this, because I don't know where is stored the information for the assignment of the roles. It is definitely not in the StreamedData.db file, I already checked that one and got nothing. I still haven't checked the DB_Templates file, but I might do so, as well as check other files to see where the game stores that.

As for the stats themselves, so far I though the QB, WR and TE roles. Precision Passer should be QBs with a high percentage of completed passes, around the 62% for example. I still need to determine a stat for Cannon Arm QB. Franchise QBs would be QBs that were a lot of time with the team (About 5+ years) and have reasonable stats (Say, QB Rating of about 85+ or 90+) and are the starter QB.

For WRs and TEs, Deep Threat should be receivers that average 10+ yards per catch. Possession Receiver should be receivers that get 60+ catches through the season AND get at least 60% of the passes thrown to them. Go-To Guy should be receivers that combine both of those above.

For linemen, Pass Rusher would be a lineman with 8+ sacks, Run Stopper would be linemen with 8+ Tackles For Loss. Force of Nature would be linemen with both of those.

Something I noticed is that some ratings in Madden 08 mean a whole lot of ratings in Madden 18, so Strength in 08 could mean not just Strength in M18 but also Block Shedding and Power Moves. I have some posts in the Sliders and Adjustments in which I research what each stat actually represents in M08. So far I found that Agility doubles as M18's Elusiveness and Break Tackle is M18's Trucking. I will be doing some more research and point out which M18 rating should fill which rating in M08.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:46 pm

How do I use the Roster for my current Franchise that is in Year 2?
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

bamarulzz
Pro Bowl

Postby bamarulzz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I am using the V 21 roster and the updated mods just released and I have some of the injured players playing in games . I haven't seen this issue with the previous rosters and the previous mods . Any ideas or is anyone else seeing this ?

thanks

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm

bamarulzz wrote:I am using the V 21 roster and the updated mods just released and I have some of the injured players playing in games . I haven't seen this issue with the previous rosters and the previous mods . Any ideas or is anyone else seeing this ?

thanks

In exhibition, those injured players will still play but if you are going to start a franchise, make sure there are no players with injury in FA or in PSquad specially if you are editing with external editors like NZA or MaddenAmp.

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 pm

I used your roster to create a franchise without your permission, sorry bro.

viewtopic.php?p=114934#p114934
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 pm

thegoldendragonx wrote:I used your roster to create a franchise without your permission, sorry bro.

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopi ... 34#p114934

Nah, I don't mind. Also, I am about to release the beta roster and franchise file for 2018-2019 this week.
I am still fixing the contracts since Spotrac doesn't feed me consistent figures at this stage. whatever Spotrac reflects from their summary and not the breakdown (for my franchise) by this week, I will include only that for the meantime.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (38.24 KiB) Viewed 2152 times

bamarulzz
Pro Bowl

Postby bamarulzz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
bamarulzz wrote:I am using the V 21 roster and the updated mods just released and I have some of the injured players playing in games . I haven't seen this issue with the previous rosters and the previous mods . Any ideas or is anyone else seeing this ?

thanks

In exhibition, those injured players will still play but if you are going to start a franchise, make sure there are no players with injury in FA or in PSquad specially if you are editing with external editors like NZA or MaddenAmp.

I started the regular season but the injured players on my team are still playing . Most of the injured players on the other teams are not . Any idea what's up ? thanks

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm

bamarulzz wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

thanks

I started the regular season but the injured players on my team are still playing . Most of the injured players on the other teams are not . Any idea what's up ? thanks

Make sure NO players in FA is injured. If there is any single injured player NOT in the 32 Teams, it will mess up the injury list and will make some injured players play.

bamarulzz
Pro Bowl

Postby bamarulzz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
bamarulzz wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

Make sure NO players in FA is injured. If there is any single injured player NOT in the 32 Teams, it will mess up the injury list and will make some injured players play.

I checked that and no one in FA is injured . I don't do any editing with the rosters

Return to “Rosters”