God bless america!

Re: 2016-2017 ROGERJINX ROSTER

Sponsor

Sponsor

green_18
Rookie

Postby green_18 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:46 pm

hey guys, im new here. can you help me if there are catch types in this mod? i already found that bullet pass and lob passes work with tapping and holding the pass button. Are there any tricks about catching the ball as a receiver? (possessive catch, run after catch, aggressive catch, etc..)

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:30 am

green_18 wrote:hey guys, im new here. can you help me if there are catch types in this mod? i already found that bullet pass and lob passes work with tapping and holding the pass button. Are there any tricks about catching the ball as a receiver? (possessive catch, run after catch, aggressive catch, etc..)

Unfortunately, no.
Receiving is pretty much limited to, standard, jump, and dive.

green_18
Rookie

Postby green_18 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 am

1312qohelet wrote:
green_18 wrote:hey guys, im new here. can you help me if there are catch types in this mod? i already found that bullet pass and lob passes work with tapping and holding the pass button. Are there any tricks about catching the ball as a receiver? (possessive catch, run after catch, aggressive catch, etc..)

Unfortunately, no.

in that case which is which? i mean if i press the catch button what kind of catch is that? and if i dive as if i run a td and make a flip at the end, is that the same button for a diving catch?

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:25 am

green_18 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

Unfortunately, no.

in that case which is which? i mean if i press the catch button what kind of catch is that? and if i dive as if i run a td and make a flip at the end, is that the same button for a diving catch?

Pretty sure the catch-button works for both, jump ball and standard catch. If you press the dive-button, while controlling a targeted receiver, he will dive for the pass.
Of course, I am not 100% on this. I have always let the A.I. control my receivers, while the ball is mid-flight. It's just more fun for me that way.
So, I could very well be wrong. Play around with it...you should have it down in no time.

If it is possible to do so, would a MODERATOR please move this conversation to a proper sub-forum?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:48 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
green_18 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Unfortunately, no.

Pretty sure the catch-button works for both, jump ball and standard catch. If you press the dive-button, while controlling a targeted receiver, he will dive for the pass.
Of course, I am not 100% on this. I have always let the A.I. control my receivers, while the ball is mid-flight. It's just more fun for me that way.
So, I could very well be wrong. Play around with it...you should have it down in no time.

If it is possible to do so, would a MODERATOR please move this conversation to a proper sub-forum?

There's really no point in removing this post right now. I'll answer it here, and leave it as that.

In the standard game the catch button works for both standard and jump catches. The dive button 'supposedly' works for dive catches, but I've never seen it work. If you want true diving catches, you can use calhoupe's scripts, which also provide a button for one handed catches, using the swat ball button.

Anyway, back on topic please. If you have any more questions about controls, specifically keyboard controls, you can PM me.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Mallets
Rookie

Postby Mallets » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi Rogerjinx! First off, thanks for creating all of this... the roster, DB template, portraits, and all!

I'm currently using all of it in my Fantasy Season. But as I'm beginning this new season, I'm noticing something that seems a bit of an issue.

Using your DB_Templte... the salary cap has been increased, but I notice that players are still going for the old prices in Free Agency. Players ranked 95+ are going for only 3-6 million a year. With such a large salary cap, it makes it easy for me to snatch up a 90+ player at every position. I simulated free agency and afterwards, it seems teams have off-load their best (and most expensive players) resigning them for a cheaper price. Thus most teams have a $100 million cap room or more.

Of course, without the updated salary cap, you can easily be over with a player like Von Miller... who makes $19 mil a year for the next 6 years.

So it seems that the salary cap update is needed. But I'm curious how others have combated the issue mentioned above.

It's like the salary standards for free agents needs to be bumped up... where 95+ rating players are costing around $15 million a year (of course this scales by position). And of course this would scale down at the rating goes down.

I believe Matt Ryan is costing 24 million a year at a 96 rating (or something similar). But if he's cut to Free Agency, you can resign him for like 8 million a year (maybe even way less than that).

Rogerjinx, if you... or anyone else... has any tips for combating this, I'd appreciate the input!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Mallets wrote:Hi Rogerjinx! First off, thanks for creating all of this... the roster, DB template, portraits, and all!

I'm currently using all of it in my Fantasy Season. But as I'm beginning this new season, I'm noticing something that seems a bit of an issue.

Using your DB_Templte... the salary cap has been increased, but I notice that players are still going for the old prices in Free Agency. Players ranked 95+ are going for only 3-6 million a year. With such a large salary cap, it makes it easy for me to snatch up a 90+ player at every position. I simulated free agency and afterwards, it seems teams have off-load their best (and most expensive players) resigning them for a cheaper price. Thus most teams have a $100 million cap room or more.

Of course, without the updated salary cap, you can easily be over with a player like Von Miller... who makes $19 mil a year for the next 6 years.

So it seems that the salary cap update is needed. But I'm curious how others have combated the issue mentioned above.

It's like the salary standards for free agents needs to be bumped up... where 95+ rating players are costing around $15 million a year (of course this scales by position). And of course this would scale down at the rating goes down.

I believe Matt Ryan is costing 24 million a year at a 96 rating (or something similar). But if he's cut to Free Agency, you can resign him for like 8 million a year (maybe even way less than that).

Rogerjinx, if you... or anyone else... has any tips for combating this, I'd appreciate the input!

I will check on this. What we have now is the correct minimum a player gets which is base on their yr of experience. I will again update the DB_Templates for this season so it will have the correct minimum and let's see if we can crack this issue.

Ortoeto
Rookie

Postby Ortoeto » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 am

hey Rogerjinx, great work!

i have an issue, once the season ends (no matter superstar/franchise ecc) all the free agents are not resigned by anyone. Any solution?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:28 am

Ortoeto wrote:hey Rogerjinx, great work!

i have an issue, once the season ends (no matter superstar/franchise ecc) all the free agents are not resigned by anyone. Any solution?

You mean resigned by any CPU teams? If that is the case, you should turn on the CPU control for those teams. You are using my previous roster right? The 2016-2017 roster?

Return to “Rosters”