RevanFan
Legend

Re: 1997

Postby RevanFan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:33 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:cool, greatly appreciated.

anyone, what is the safe amount for total players on a roster file to prevent a bug?

On an individual team? 55 max. On a whole roster, at least a few thousand. I'm not sure how many, but it's a lot. Maybe shoot for less than 5000? I have no idea.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am

RevanFan wrote:

anyone, what is the safe amount for total players on a roster file to prevent a bug?

On an individual team? 55 max. On a whole roster, at least a few thousand. I'm not sure how many, but it's a lot. Maybe shoot for less than 5000? I have no idea.

If you're going to go that high, you have to use multiple free agent teams, as you guys do with the Mod roster(s)

This file was at 2800, and it crashed.. unless my coach list caused it, the crash has to be due to the FAs.

The roster itself counts for 1696 players (32 53-man rosters) and the most free agents I've had without a crash is 440-ish.

.. I suppose the best way to figure out the number would be to sim a season and off-season with the default roster and see what the number is. That would set a solid baseline for safe operation.

inter673
Rookie

Postby inter673 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 am

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

If you're going to go that high, you have to use multiple free agent teams, as you guys do with the Mod roster(s)

This file was at 2800, and it crashed.. unless my coach list caused it, the crash has to be due to the FAs.

The roster itself counts for 1696 players (32 53-man rosters) and the most free agents I've had without a crash is 440-ish.

.. I suppose the best way to figure out the number would be to sim a season and off-season with the default roster and see what the number is. That would set a solid baseline for safe operation.

you found the exact number? I was working on a mod for fifa, but it made me want to start a franchise with an old roster, I'm thinking of arranging(fix) this one to play
srry i use google translate

Return to “Rosters”