Experiment: Switching up Franchise Ownership

Theov
MVP

Re: Experiment: Switching up Franchise Ownership

Postby Theov » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Sidelion wrote:Currently a Jags 'chise; multiple ownerships starting with BaghdadBob's 1986 roster, uses real draft classes, my most extensive labor of love as far as a Madden franchise goes, last touched in January of 2013 - how time flies! 2001 or 2002 NFL season.

sounds good, where is it?
No signature needed.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Theov wrote:sounds good, where is it?

Hi there, welcome to FI. Please take note of the last post date before you reply. I've noticed that you've replied to a handful of threads that have been inactive for some time.

If there's something you're looking for but can't find, we'd prefer if you started a new thread as opposed to resurrecting inactive ones.

Thanks.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:49 pm

It's the summer of 1993. In 1986 I took over as GM and head coach of the 49ers which resulted in a gold rush with back to back to back to back to back to back to back Super Bowl wins by trading Joe Montana for the more mobile Randall Cunningham (who is now on the Cardinals). There were many more trades that summer, but that one was the headliner.
My rivals are the bears and Saints in the NFC and the Dolphins, with Dan Marino in the AFC.

The Lions are good, the Cardinals always have a good team, just like the Steelers and Raiders.... and the Texans are mightily struggling.

In last offseason I traded my best 2 wide receivers, Jerry Rice and Fryar to the Lions and I traded my QB Randall Cunningham to the Cardinals. Yes, trading my QB and 2 WRs was a great decision, but I could not pay them the contracts AND keep the team together. So i chose to play with Flutie and the other receivers and keep the rest of the team as planned for the future. Flutie lacks the arm strength that Cunningham had, so I had to scratch most deep passes from the game plan.

The savegame:

Just won the Super Bowl with Flutie as QB, Brad Johnson has a good arm, but is slow- I treat him as trade bait. Blake will be my QB of the future with enough minicamps.
Key players are fast receivers and a fast TE and Barry Sanders on offense. A TE plays fullback.
Defense is young, fast, strong and loaded. It is the best defense you have ever seen. With Hardy Nickerson, Junior Seau and Haley on the defensive line. Greg Lloyd, Al Smith, Leroy Butler and Derrick Thomas are the starting linebackers. The anti air division is manned by Deion Sanders, James Hasty, Eric Davis, Tim McKyker, Eric Allen and Aeneas Williams. Troy Vincent just finished his rookie season.

There shouldn't be too much cap penalty. No players are due to be released.

Good luck.
Attachments
49ers1992off.fra
(4.59 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
No signature needed.

Return to “Rosters”