Mixing different teams from various rosters

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:02 am

I'd like to play various teams against one another from different eras...including some of the 2013 teams. To do this I'll need to mix and match a few teams onto 1 roster from existing rosters. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance.
Madden 08 Greatest Historical Teams Mod Creator

Sponsor

Sponsor

valvegas1
All-Pro

Re: Mixing different teams from various rosters

Postby valvegas1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:54 pm

export to excel format and open them all In excel and copy and paste away

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:12 pm

I'll give that a try, thanks for the response!

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 pm

I guess I need some more help as to how to export to excel format. The in game team exporter exports as a .dbt file, but when I go to import the team into a different roster, it says the file is corrupt.

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Ahh...the Database Editor 3.0. I'm a bit closer.

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Ok, I know enough to be dangerous now. Can I get a bit more info before I destroy my files?

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:52 pm

open each roster in the db editor...click on the PLAY table...then when done loading click on export to .csv and this should export players from each roster into excel format...open them all in excel and copy and paste the players you want into one and save it...then open your roster you want back with db editor and click the PLAY table again...then import the saved .csv file with all your players back into the table...click on save file and exit...now you should have a roster with all the players you want in the game...CAUTION...be sure to match up the players from teams you want with the team ID's of teams your substituting for or you may get a crash when trying to use the roster in game...GOOD LUCK...hope this helps

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Thank you very much. A follow up question. Let's say I just wanted to ADD teams and players, and not take any away. Let's say I wanted to add about 41 teams with their respective players to Bayou Boy's Historic roster? Would that work or is there a team and player limit?

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:40 am

guamyankee wrote:Thank you very much. A follow up question. Let's say I just wanted to ADD teams and players, and not take any away. Let's say I wanted to add about 41 teams with their respective players to Bayou Boy's Historic roster? Would that work or is there a team and player limit?

I'm not 100% sure about the limits on players or teams in madden...never really tried to stretch it...hopefully one of the more experienced roster makers can help with this question

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:20 pm

valvegas1 wrote:
guamyankee wrote:Thank you very much. A follow up question. Let's say I just wanted to ADD teams and players, and not take any away. Let's say I wanted to add about 41 teams with their respective players to Bayou Boy's Historic roster? Would that work or is there a team and player limit?

I'm not 100% sure about the limits on players or teams in madden...never really tried to stretch it...hopefully one of the more experienced roster makers can help with this question

There are several roster limits. I believe the limits are 64 teams, though in the future that might be changed, 55 players per team, and we think there is a limit to total players in the roster, but we have no idea what it is. We've gotten over several thousand players in a roster with minimal bugs before.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Rosters”