2021-2022 JINXROSTER

Mike Lowe
Veteran

Re: 2021-2022 JINXROSTER

Postby Mike Lowe » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:58 am

rogerjinx wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:Roster looks great!

Had a couple of quick questions:

1) I take it the game will also look at the draft/transactions year based on the game starting in 2007, even if you set the year to 2021 via a utility?

2) Is there anyway to convert Week 4 of the preseason to a regular season game?

1) I havent use the utility to set the year to 2021 but we are on the same page about it.
2) Not at this time. Will have to test out to expand the regular season to include the Week 4 of the preseason. Had success with only 3 preseason going towards the regular season.

I don't quite follow. We're on the same page for #1 as in you think that's why it shows a 2021 rookie as being drafted in 2007?

And are you saying you had success with stats/record being accumulated towards the regular season by using the preseason?

Thanks!

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:34 am

Mike Lowe wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:Roster looks great!

Had a couple of quick questions:

1) I take it the game will also look at the draft/transactions year based on the game starting in 2007, even if you set the year to 2021 via a utility?

2) Is there anyway to convert Week 4 of the preseason to a regular season game?

1) I havent use the utility to set the year to 2021 but we are on the same page about it.
2) Not at this time. Will have to test out to expand the regular season to include the Week 4 of the preseason. Had success with only 3 preseason going towards the regular season.

I don't quite follow. We're on the same page for #1 as in you think that's why it shows a 2021 rookie as being drafted in 2007?

And are you saying you had success with stats/record being accumulated towards the regular season by using the preseason?

Thanks!

The utility is for cosmetic I guess, it only shows 2021 but the game runs like it was 2007 when you start a franchise. It's actually weird to start the 2021 season when you start a franchise but you are seeing 2007. The start year is actually hardcoded. Have no time to check that utility.

Yeah it didnt crash when I only have 3 weeks of preseason. What I am having problem lately is expanding the games to more than what it is designed for in the regular season. Might need to tinker the db_templates a little more.

Mike Lowe
Veteran

Postby Mike Lowe » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:26 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

Thanks!

The utility is for cosmetic I guess, it only shows 2021 but the game runs like it was 2007 when you start a franchise. It's actually weird to start the 2021 season when you start a franchise but you are seeing 2007. The start year is actually hardcoded. Have no time to check that utility.

Yeah it didnt crash when I only have 3 weeks of preseason. What I am having problem lately is expanding the games to more than what it is designed for in the regular season. Might need to tinker the db_templates a little more.

That's awesome, Roger!

Is it possible to start a new franchise, sim to 2021, and then import (either in-game or via a game editor) the 2021 roster? That seems like it would then read the correct draft years, right?

As for the preseason, are you able to get those stats/standings from the preseason game to carryover as regular season stats/standings?

Mike Lowe
Veteran

Postby Mike Lowe » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi Roger, had a couple of questions:

1) Are some of the rookie profile pics wrong still? I see Justin Fields as what looks like TE Greg Olson? Just curious whether I loaded something incorrectly.

2) How would I go about editing the years on the player history page as well as their stats/profile page within franchise? I know you have this done already in your franchise save, but I'm curious how it was done so that I could apply it to a different franchise save. I already know about Calhoupe's scripts, but that only changes the year in a few places and not all like is done in your franchise file.

Thank you!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:03 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:Hi Roger, had a couple of questions:

1) Are some of the rookie profile pics wrong still? I see Justin Fields as what looks like TE Greg Olson? Just curious whether I loaded something incorrectly.

2) How would I go about editing the years on the player history page as well as their stats/profile page within franchise? I know you have this done already in your franchise save, but I'm curious how it was done so that I could apply it to a different franchise save. I already know about Calhoupe's scripts, but that only changes the year in a few places and not all like is done in your franchise file.

Thank you!

1). You have an old portrait pack. Update your portrait pack.

2). You need to open your franchise file using DB Editor 3.0 and export the following tables:

Yearly Stats
PSOF - Offense
PSDE - Defense
PSKI - Kicking/Punting
PSKP - Kick/Punt Return
PSNG - Number of Games played

Career Stats
PCOF - Offense
PCDE - Defense
PCKI - Kicking/Punting
PCKP - Kick/Punt Return
PCNG - Number of Games played

Edit these and import it back.

Mike Lowe
Veteran

Postby Mike Lowe » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 pm

rogerjinx wrote:

Thank you!

2). You need to open your franchise file using DB Editor 3.0 and export the following tables:

Yearly Stats
PSOF - Offense
PSDE - Defense
PSKI - Kicking/Punting
PSKP - Kick/Punt Return

Career Stats
PCOF - Offense
PCDE - Defense
PCKI - Kicking/Punting
PCKP - Kick/Punt Return

Thanks for that! Actually I was referring to the draft/acquired status of guys on their history page/tab. For instance, for Jared Goff it says he was acquired via trade from the Rams in 2007. Trevor Lawrence was pick 1.1 in 2007. Just looking to bump that 2007 number to 2021 and hopefully have it correlate to the previous years as well.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

Thank you!

Yearly Stats
PSOF - Offense
PSDE - Defense
PSKI - Kicking/Punting
PSKP - Kick/Punt Return

Career Stats
PCOF - Offense
PCDE - Defense
PCKI - Kicking/Punting
PCKP - Kick/Punt Return

Thanks for that! Actually I was referring to the draft/acquired status of guys on their history page/tab. For instance, for Jared Goff it says he was acquired via trade from the Rams in 2007. Trevor Lawrence was pick 1.1 in 2007. Just looking to bump that 2007 number to 2021 and hopefully have it correlate to the previous years as well.

It is in the PYWT column (Player's Year With Team) under PLAY table. However, you cant make it show Trevor is drafted in the 2021 season since the year is 2007 in game.

Return to “Rosters”