ROJORoster

Cleaning up the Roster

Poll ended at Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

1. Leave as is
26%
2. Remove all inactive and retired players, move all 32 PS players to the Practice Squad Roster ( not the PS roster )
30%
3. Remove all Players that are not in Madden 21
13%
4. Remove all players not in Madden 21 and add the All-Time Teams for the 32 NFL teams
22%
5. Don't care I will go with the majority
9%

Total votes: 23

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: ROJORoster

Postby BUS36 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:04 am

Then lets look at the FA players with an OVR under 60 and remove them. Here is my feeling we keep a spare of those under 60 and if a team picks one up then we can rip a copy of the back up and make it as an update.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:30 am

BUS36 wrote:Then lets look at the FA players with an OVR under 60 and remove them. Here is my feeling we keep a spare of those under 60 and if a team picks one up then we can rip a copy of the back up and make it as an update.

Reason we have the Extra FA to hold those spare. But as discussed, we need to trim the Extra FA too with those inactive or unofficially retired players then move them to Retired.

Its up to the end users what to do with them.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:06 pm

Let me explain what I mean as a spare. We can keep a base roster that has the players from the star of the year. After the preseason is over, all retired, extra free agents and all players under the OVR 60 would be removed. This would freak line the roster and since there is a base roster they could rip any player that needed to be added. All injured players would use the injury details in game and any IR players would be added to the FA list with their IR status attached. That is how Madden intended to use the game. I looked at Madden 1998-2002. There was never an Injured, practice squad or extra free agent listing. Even through all the years after there wasn’t any of those added until we added them. Since you and I do this and there are updates almost weekly, look at how many Extra FAs have moved to the 32 team roster.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 pm

BUS36 wrote:Let me explain what I mean as a spare. We can keep a base roster that has the players from the star of the year. After the preseason is over, all retired, extra free agents and all players under the OVR 60 would be removed. This would freak line the roster and since there is a base roster they could rip any player that needed to be added. All injured players would use the injury details in game and any IR players would be added to the FA list with their IR status attached. That is how Madden intended to use the game. I looked at Madden 1998-2002. There was never an Injured, practice squad or extra free agent listing. Even through all the years after there wasn’t any of those added until we added them. Since you and I do this and there are updates almost weekly, look at how many Extra FAs have moved to the 32 team roster.

I have no problem moving players around utilizing this Extra FA. It makes my roster management easy as I have pointed out earlier, I treat this roster as my database and will continue updating it. As long as it doesn't break the game or the created franchise, I am cool with it.

On a brighter side, I can put those injured/opt out/PUP in FA pool, as to date, I have 306 of them and few slots remaining for promising practice squad members. Doing this will force me to delete their contracts in the roster and probably save it for later. This will ensure that they will be brought into the franchise - but with no contracts.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:32 pm

This is why I am saying these guys who have opted out, Placed on IR for the season or even PUP can be placed with IR status in FA and would carry over in a franchise. That is how Madden first was set up. Retired players were in the roster but could only be extracted by an editor. But even the Retired players have been gone for4-6 years with the exception of Talib and Weddle. I have looked at the Extra FAS.. 75% are 33 yrs old+ in years and have been in the league for 12+ years ... right now those players are not being signed an are just taking space. Another 5% are the guys that I creted for the AAF and XFL2020..when transferring out guys to created guys. This is why I am saying the Extra FAs are not worth keeping under the rating of 60, there are tons of guys that are even rated below 55.

BTW.... Stefen Wisnewski G & Brandon Sheriff G have been activated off IR ( there is a 21 day period if they can return or remain on the IR for the season). Then move Zach Banner permanently to in IR.. he is eligible to come back in 2021
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 pm

The poll is closed ..It was close between .."leave it as...26% , Remove all inactive and retired players, move all 32 PS players to the Practice Squad Roster ( not the PS roster )..30% and Remove all players not in Madden 21 and add the All-Time Teams for the 32 NFL teams..22%.

But to me here is what I also see....only 23 of 17176 members actually cared about this, but what 30% of the voters say is "remove the inactive players and retired players and move the 32 NFL Team players to the Practice Squad".
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm

BUS36 wrote:The poll is closed ..It was close between .."leave it as...26% , Remove all inactive and retired players, move all 32 PS players to the Practice Squad Roster ( not the PS roster )..30% and Remove all players not in Madden 21 and add the All-Time Teams for the 32 NFL teams..22%.

But to me here is what I also see....only 23 of 17176 members actually cared about this, but what 30% of the voters say is "remove the inactive players and retired players and move the 32 NFL Team players to the Practice Squad".

Okay, since the poll is closed, will make adjustments now.
1. 32 NFL Teams
2. Injured players to FA (Deleting their contracts)
3. Practice Squads players to Practice Squad TGID 36
4. Extra FA and Retired deleted

Everybody happy?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:50 pm

The ones who cared have spoken....I actually voted for #3. Remove all Players that are not in Madden 21
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Gronky
All-Pro

Postby Gronky » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:11 am

BUS36 wrote:The ones who cared have spoken....I actually voted for #3. Remove all Players that are not in Madden 21

+1

Return to “Rosters”