2019-2020 ROJO ROSTER

smatz151
Veteran

Re: 2019-2020 ROJO ROSTER

Postby smatz151 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Thank you for all the hard work on this roster. I just wanted to check to see if the playbooks are matched up correctly to the proper teams? Every time I go to Play Now the offensive and defensive playbooks rarely match up with the team (example: AZ Cardinals have 4-3 def playbook and Packers offensive playbook). Am I missing something? Any info is appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:36 pm

smatz151 wrote:Thank you for all the hard work on this roster. I just wanted to check to see if the playbooks are matched up correctly to the proper teams? Every time I go to Play Now the offensive and defensive playbooks rarely match up with the team (example: AZ Cardinals have 4-3 def playbook and Packers offensive playbook). Am I missing something? Any info is appreciated.

This was done on purpose. The playbooks, as originally released in the game, rarely match up with the actual playbook of the team. The game came out 12 years ago. Pretty much every team has changed at least one of their philosophies. For instance, the DAL playbook on defense is a 3-4 defense, but Dallas hasn't run that in nearly a decade. Now they run a spin off of the Tampa 2 defense, a specialized 4-3 package. So we assign them the playbook that most closely matches what they currently use.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

smatz151
Veteran

Postby smatz151 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Ok Thank you for the clarification.

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:57 pm

I have a custom gamedata that I've been building for 2 seasons now. Is it possible to release a version that has the coach/playbook match the team. Every time you release a new roster, I have to go reorder the playbooks. It's a really ugly process going through each team's coaches and re-assign them to the team default book! In Madden I can edit the Head Coaches only, then I use NZA to edit the rest of the coaching staff info. I need to have them assigned to their correct teams, please and thank you!!???

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:43 am

TeeNice wrote:I have a custom gamedata that I've been building for 2 seasons now. Is it possible to release a version that has the coach/playbook match the team. Every time you release a new roster, I have to go reorder the playbooks. It's a really ugly process going through each team's coaches and re-assign them to the team default book! In Madden I can edit the Head Coaches only, then I use NZA to edit the rest of the coaching staff info. I need to have them assigned to their correct teams, please and thank you!!???

I can do it in like 2 mins but this roster is used in FF/FI Mod. Unless your gamedata is integrated in the mod, I wont make the change.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:39 am

rogerjinx wrote:
TeeNice wrote:I have a custom gamedata that I've been building for 2 seasons now. Is it possible to release a version that has the coach/playbook match the team. Every time you release a new roster, I have to go reorder the playbooks. It's a really ugly process going through each team's coaches and re-assign them to the team default book! In Madden I can edit the Head Coaches only, then I use NZA to edit the rest of the coaching staff info. I need to have them assigned to their correct teams, please and thank you!!???

I can do it in like 2 mins but this roster is used in FF/FI Mod. Unless your gamedata is integrated in the mod, I wont make the change.

If your gamedata file has more accurate playbooks, I'd consider including it in the mod with your permission. I would want to know a lot more about it though, so if that interests you, please PM me with as many details as you can provide.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:57 pm

The only thing is that changing playbooks just don't mean placing what the teams have in the original 08 game. Pittsburgh offense looks more like the NE Pats offense and then sometimes looks like the 08 Steelers offense, But their defense is more the 3-4 than the 08 defense.
In fact jose21crisis, did an in depth study of the teams ...and that is what was placed in the mod. See..viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20835
I also know that if these will be customized playbooks ..you will not see the audibles, while playing the game.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 pm

rogerjinx wrote:

You were right Rogerjinx, thanks for the push! Not only did I update my coaches/playbooks for all the teams. Used the DB Editor, I found the table that has the info, now I have a template I can load when you release your updates! Less than 15 seconds now!

RevanFan, I had no intentions on distributing the gamedata file. Simply put, 70% of the books that I merged into the dat are custom books that are from here. You guys have what I have, I just placed them within the dat in a different order to give it a boost. My example is I made simple moves like making several of Teotia's spread books defaults for several teams. Someone else made some defensive books from 2014, I imported those too! I followed a script from here and got some madden 12 PS2 playbooks working also.

Bus36, I'm sure Jose21crisis did his homework on his study. But the fact that it's mapped where 3, 4, and 5 teams are using the same book! That's not healthy Madden. It's watching the same formations and plays run over and over, no variety!

Another small change I did to the roster was make all teams TMFL "1". Now my custom fields and Eurocats field tpfs with the large midfield pops off the screen!

It just took some time but I'm good! Thank you for the encouragement!

smatz151
Veteran

Postby smatz151 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi. I recently upgraded my graphics card and now am having an issue launching this game full screen through Calhoupe's scripts. I have tried enabling and disabling the full screen and windowed mode setting but still no luck. I have not tried uninstalling it yet. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 pm

Is Madden 08 dead now or something?

Return to “Rosters”