MoRE - Madden 19-20 Franchise Editor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Posting what I have been working on for Madden 19/20 Franchise Editing.
Updates as well as bug reports and status will be addressed in the following LOCKED thread.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22136

Sponsor

Sponsor

PhearCVBz
Rookie

Re: MoRE - Madden 19-20 Franchise Editor

Postby PhearCVBz » Sat May 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Amazing! Thank you for all your hard work.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:29 pm

thanks stingray

PhearCVBz
Rookie

Postby PhearCVBz » Sun May 10, 2020 8:44 am

Been playing with this a little. It's great! Now I can't wait for if/when depth chart editing might be available.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:33 pm

make sure to backup your franchise before editing coaches, i tried assigning some retired coaches back to their original teams, and changing two to offensive coordinators but it didn't work. the franchise crashed, though i'm not sure which change caused it.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Now I can't wait for if/when depth chart editing might be available.

LOL, You either have to wait or learn how to do this stuff on your own.
This project has been an incredible time sink. Most things in 19/20 are a lot more complicated than what they were for 04-08.
Not sure when I am going to be able to add this functionality.

tbb429 wrote:make sure to backup your franchise before editing coaches, I tried assigning some retired coaches back to their original teams, and changing two to offensive coordinators but it didn't work. the franchise crashed, though i'm not sure which change caused it.

You should ALWAYS be making backups regardless of what you are editing and what editor you are using to make edits with.
I am NOT playing 19/20, so, for most of this stuff you guys are the guinea pigs.

Unless I am mistaken, coordinators are not used in 19/20.
If you changed a head coach that was currently assigned to a team to OC/DC, that's definitely not going to work.
Changing a coach's team is complicated, much more so when trying to bring back a retired coach.
I will have to disable any position or team related options for coaches to avoid future confusion.

If you are looking for more options for editing a 19/20 franchise, or something that isn't working right in this editor, I would encourage you to try bep's editor:
https://github.com/bep713/madden-franchise-editor

PhearCVBz
Rookie

Postby PhearCVBz » Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm

StingRay68 wrote:

This project has been an incredible time sink. Most things in 19/20 are a lot more complicated than what they were for 04-08.

tbb429 wrote:make sure to backup your franchise before editing coaches, I tried assigning some retired coaches back to their original teams, and changing two to offensive coordinators but it didn't work. the franchise crashed, though i'm not sure which change caused it.

You should ALWAYS be making backups regardless of what you are editing and what editor you are using to make edits with.
I am NOT playing 19/20, so, for most of this stuff you guys are the guinea pigs.

If you changed a head coach that was currently assigned to a team to OC/DC, that's definitely not going to work.
Changing a coach's team is complicated, much more so when trying to bring back a retired coach.
I will have to disable any position or team related options for coaches to avoid future confusion.

If you are looking for more options for editing a 19/20 franchise, or something that isn't working right in this editor, I would encourage you to try bep's editor:

I really appreciate all the work. I've looked into Depth Chart stuff with my very limited knowledge and it's over my head to the point where I wouldnt even know where to begin learning any of it.

How come you aren't playing the game?

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:28 pm

StingRay68 wrote:

thanks for the reply stingray. i tried with bep's editor too and wasn't able to get them to change teams, or to bring back retired coaches. luckily i do backup my franchise to two files in-game and make a copy of the file outside the game, but i was able to get around the crash by controlling the teams with the coaches i edited and creating new coaches for those teams in-game, it simmed fine after that

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:24 pm

How come you aren't playing the game?

It has the looks and the menus are designed like a direct console port to me. Franchise is lacking the control that was much better in 04-08 in my opinion. You cannot reliably export/import or even edit the draft classes that EA says you can customize in game. No coordinators in the game, the list goes on and on.

i tried with bep's editor too and wasn't able to get them to change teams, or to bring back retired coaches.

If your game is on the current version, send me a franchise file, let me know who the retired coach is and what team he is supposed to come back to.
I will take a look at it and see if I can do something for coding changing the coach's team, but no promises.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:39 pm

here's the link to the franchise file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxbqm07ujjrde ... OSAVE?dl=0

coach matt hedrick has been edited from team 21 to 32 and retired coach bill belichick from team 32 to 21 and changed from retired to signed and given 4 years left on his contract.
when i go to control the patriots in-game hedrick is still the coach, also put retired bruce arians back on team 5 but he doesn't show up either.
also changed jason garrett from team 20 to team 15 and changed his position to offensive coordinator, but as you said that probably wouldn't work, and anyway there is only an option to hire a coordinator if you control the team as an owner, no option for that if controlling as a coach

and no promises needed, we're already grateful for what you've given us, if you ever need anything tested in-game just give a heads up

Return to “Utilities”