M20 Playbook Editor

lorak
Pro Bowl

Re: M20 Playbook Editor

Postby lorak » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Many thanks trey31 for the info and the link to that table.

Editing only those PSAL codes do nothing on defense.
According to your previous post -the one with your video links- there is a difference when applied in combination with val1, val2, etc.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 pm

lorak wrote:Many thanks trey31 for the info and the link to that table.

Editing only those PSAL codes do nothing on defense.
According to your previous post -the one with your video links- there is a difference when applied in combination with val1, val2, etc.

The standard PSAL 41 and 24 codes don't actually control distance/direction/speed anymore. For rushers that is all controlled by the GAPS and GAPW in the SRFT table. But replacing a standard rush/blitz PSAL with a new one that you create bypasses the SRFT entirely if you use code 4, code 8.

A basic PSAL for a RE edge rusher would be like this:

val1/val2/val3/XXXX/code/step
-40/3/255/XXXX/47/0
8/96/255/XXXX/4/1
32/96/255/XXXX/8/2
4/104/255/XXXX/8/3
0/0/0/XXXX/2/4
0/0/0/XXXX/255/5

(Code 47 forces a pre-snap alignment motion for the defender.)

Instead of being forced into a gap/hole/running lane by the SRFT (and directly into the LT), this PSAL runs straight downfield for 5 yards, then changes direction to an angle toward the QB for the last 0.5 yards, then the code 2 "Chase Ball" takes over and he heads to the QB. If it happens to be a run, the defender will instead abandon the pass rush and head toward the ball carrier after the 1 yard code 4 (step 1) is complete, ignoring step 2 and 3 altogether (which is good because we don't want to be chasing the QB for another 4 yards if the HB already has the ball).
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

mrjordan
Rookie

Postby mrjordan » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:38 pm

is it possible to replace the default playbooks in Madden 20 with custom playbooks or even with the run heavy playbook for instance. I want to create a custom league from the 1980s where there was a lot less passing and more running but to do that I need to replace the custom playbooks in the game which are too pass heavy. Any idea how I can do this?
Thanks

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:00 pm

mrjordan wrote:Any idea how I can do this?
Thanks

Yea. Easiest way is to export the MUT_KO_Run Heavy.db and/or the Madden_Power Run.db and import one of those over each of the team offensive playbooks to force a run heavy league.

In Frosty Click Madden tab up top, Legacy, common/database/playbooks. Both are in there and all the team playbooks are too.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

mrjordan
Rookie

Postby mrjordan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:58 pm

thanks Trey,
If I am overwriting the Cardinals playbook for instance, will I lose the Cardinals playbook completely from the game?

is it an irreversable fix or do I have to create a mod file and load it in frosty manager each time?

And will the playbooks stick in franchise? Franchise playbooks seem to be XML files and numbered like "Playbook_Off-001" to "Playbook_Off-049", with no team names.

thanks so much!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:29 pm

mrjordan wrote:thanks Trey,
If I am overwriting the Cardinals playbook for instance, will I lose the Cardinals playbook completely from the game?

is it an irreversable fix or do I have to create a mod file and load it in frosty manager each time?

And will the playbooks stick in franchise? Franchise playbooks seem to be XML files and numbered like "Playbook_Off-001" to "Playbook_Off-049", with no team names.

thanks so much!

Idk about xml but the actual .db files are the playbooks. And if you load the mod in frosty mod manager it overwrites them but if you uncheck it they go back to normal

mrjordan
Rookie

Postby mrjordan » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:40 am

okay brother I did exactly as you suggested and for some reason it doesn't seem to load in game.
I checked with the mod added versus the game without the mod and the playbook is exactly the same.
can you please check what I created for the bears?
See attached.
Thank you
Attachments
HeavyRunBearsPlaybook.zip
(162.52 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:02 pm

mrjordan wrote:okay brother I did exactly as you suggested and for some reason it doesn't seem to load in game.
I checked with the mod added versus the game without the mod and the playbook is exactly the same.
can you please check what I created for the bears?
See attached.
Thank you

I've asked a couple different places. Let me get back to you. I was pretty sure swapping a team offensive playbook with a generic offensive playbook was all that was needed.

mrjordan
Rookie

Postby mrjordan » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:35 pm

wow thanks Trey I really appreciate it.
If that doesn't work, maybe there is an alternate way of doing it?
If there is a way of altering the original Bears playbook for instance... :)

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:53 pm

mrjordan wrote:wow thanks Trey I really appreciate it.
If that doesn't work, maybe there is an alternate way of doing it?
If there is a way of altering the original Bears playbook for instance... :)

Ok what I posted before is accurate, but if you have NFL Live Playbooks enabled, you will have to replace all 32 of those as well. Or turn it off in-game.

Return to “Utilities”