MoRE - Madden 19-20 Franchise Editor

PhearCVBz
Rookie

Re: MoRE - Madden 19-20 Franchise Editor

Postby PhearCVBz » Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm

tbb429 wrote:and no promises needed, we're already grateful for what you've given us, if you ever need anything tested in-game just give a heads up

+1

And I agree about the game being a port. It's sad.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:40 pm

tbb429 wrote:coach matt hedrick has been edited from team 21 to 32 and retired coach bill belichick from team 32 to 21 and changed from retired to signed and given 4 years left on his contract.
when i go to control the patriots in-game hedrick is still the coach, also put retired bruce arians back on team 5 but he doesn't show up either.
also changed jason garrett from team 20 to team 15 and changed his position to offensive coordinator, but as you said that probably wouldn't work, and anyway there is only an option to hire a coordinator if you control the team as an owner, no option for that if controlling as a coach

Adding Belichick took me literally 2 mins to fix with the file you posted.
Load your file in beps editor, load team table 3594 - (7690) Team, go to patriots team (row #56)
go to heach coach cell, edit cell, change to row index 15 (which is belichick in the coach table)
save, done
You can likely use that method to change those others other than messing with changing them to coordinators.
Let me know how that works for you, Im not testing other than to pull the patriots team up in game, seems fine other than the pic doesnt look like belichick.
I mean I can add this functionality in my editor, but it is already pretty easy to do with beps editor (if this method does indeed work that is lol)

tbb429
Pro Bowl

Postby tbb429 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:36 pm

thanks, that method does indeed work, but it somehow changes random teams from being coach mode if you try to control them to player mode.
first it was the chargers and chiefs, with the chargers showing justin herbert instead of the coach
the chiefs showed patrick mahomes instead of the coach
in bep's editor the head coach column for those two teams showed all zeroes instead of the coach - 15 for example and no ability to edit
after playing my next weeks game it has now changed the chiefs to coach mode with belichick, which i have since edited to andy reid, and changed the patriots to player mode with jarrett stidham.
the head coach column for the chargers and patriots has the zeroes in it.
i haven't changed anything else in the file except the coaches, so this has me baffled.

here's the file if you want to look at it, but as long as it doesn't crash my franchise i'm content with it being this way

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sonku8fxv1dym ... OSAVE?dl=0

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:05 pm

You're probably trying to do too much editing...
I will see about adding this function in then, I'm not going to mess with coordinators, regardless of whether they are in the game if you choose owner mode or not. There is just too much hassle with a lot of this stuff in 19/20 to bother with.
So, if you change a free agent head coach to a team, I will have it check the destination team for an existing head coach. If it finds one, I will just assign the existing coach to free agents. Im not sure about doing contracts, I will probably just use whatever the existing coach had as a default.
If you change the coach, you would be responsible for fixing everything until we figure out what all has to be changed.
Probably going to have to check to see that you didn't move a coach from one team to another as well. If you do, same deal, the coach being replaced would get kicked out to free agents.
I'm already thinking ahead when someone does this and screws up their franchise because they move the head coach from team b to team a and then never assign a head coach back to team b... but we'll see what happens

tbb429
Pro Bowl

Postby tbb429 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:34 pm

yeah you're probably right about doing too much, but sounds good either way, thanks

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:05 am

Updated the code, Im leaving the original file in case I broke something trying to add code to change a coach's team.
Link to where the files are posted is in the first message in this thread.

tbb429
Pro Bowl

Postby tbb429 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:39 pm

hey stingray, the editor throws this error when i try to open my file
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
only happens on this file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/43nv8zt7wh19t ... OSAVE?dl=0

all the others work fine

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:26 am

tbb429 wrote:hey stingray, the editor throws this error when i try to open my file
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
only happens on this file

Well, it doesnt do this when loading the file, I got that error only when I opened the coach editor.
You had a team without a coach, will fix that.
In the future always leave details on where you are getting a crash, or what you were doing.

tbb429
Pro Bowl

Postby tbb429 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 pm

ok will do, actually there should be two teams without coaches, the patriots and chargers. for some reason they still show as player mode when you go to control them, it can be changed to coach role with created coaches in-game, but the editor still throws that error when opening the coach tab

Return to “Utilities”