M20 Playbook Editor

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Re: M20 Playbook Editor

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm

This is looks very promising! I'm giving this a shot this weekend. Can I make/edit a route to be an option route? And can I edit option blocking schemes? Are Madden 19 playbooks compatible?

Sponsor

Sponsor

morphy
Rookie

Postby morphy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:This is looks very promising! I'm giving this a shot this weekend. Can I make/edit a route to be an option route? And can I edit option blocking schemes? Are Madden 19 playbooks compatible?

Yes, you can swap out routes or make a custom PSAL. Options are a bit complicated; use code 36 for option val1 is the default route, val2 is option 1 and val3 is option 2. The next step in the PSAL needs to be code 37, which is "option route extra info" and tells the receiver what route to run against different coverage. Refer to the playdesigner.db in Madden Legacy files from Frosty to get the values. Here are the updated vals (codes) for the option routes. Use these values in val1, val2 and/or val3 to create the tree.

code == 0 Curl left
code == 1 Curl right
code == 2 Post right
code == 3 Corner left
code == 5 Slant right
code == 6 Fade/Streak left
code == 7 Slant left
code == 8 Fade/Streak right
code == 9 In/Out right
code == 10 In/Out left
code == 11 Fade left
code == 12 Hitch left
code == 13 Hitch right
code == 15 180 Partial
code == 16 180 Partial
code == 17 Drag right
code == 18 Drag left
code == 19 Hitch right
code == 20 Hitch left

Option blocking is editable, you can swap out the blocking PSAL for each player. Or if you're referring to delay route, yes delay block is code 14 where val1 tells the player how long to block before starting his route.

Not sure if 19 playbooks are compatible, I know some things have changed so maybe not. The editor only works with custom playbooks. You can also save out Playart by right-clicking the Playart image in the editor, then use BFGE to import the Playart.

Good luck!

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:20 pm

morphy wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:This is looks very promising! I'm giving this a shot this weekend. Can I make/edit a route to be an option route? And can I edit option blocking schemes? Are Madden 19 playbooks compatible?

Yes, you can swap out routes or make a custom PSAL. Options are a bit complicated; use code 36 for option val1 is the default route, val2 is option 1 and val3 is option 2. The next step in the PSAL needs to be code 37, which is "option route extra info" and tells the receiver what route to run against different coverage. Refer to the playdesigner.db in Madden Legacy files from Frosty to get the values. Here are the updated vals (codes) for the option routes. Use these values in val1, val2 and/or val3 to create the tree.

Good luck!

Thnx, Where can I find the Madden Legacy files that includes the .db?

Return to “Utilities”