Madden AMP

Cursive
Pro Bowl

Re: Madden AMP

Postby Cursive » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:53 pm

johnnyboyo wrote:
StingRay68 wrote:It is, PSXP is one field, most of the columns in the draft class csv represent a byte, but portrait id is 14 bits, so it needs 2 bytes in the draft class csv.
It will end up being 1 column.

ahhh now everything makes sense :D

I imported Kyler's portrait with ID 27, changed U260 to 27 and U261 to 0 and this was the result:

Spoiler:

nice stuff, and I almost thought we would need to use CE to get actual faces for DC players :roll:

for anyone interested how u260 and u261 work together:
u260 is the result of the ID modulo 256
u261 is the floored result of the ID divided by 256

and just as I was writing this I noticed stingray already updated AMP anyway :mrgreen:
just tried it out with Kyler again by changing his PSXP to 27 and I can confirm it works

But how did you import the portrait?

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:08 am

Cursive wrote:This is what I'm doing for contracts...

I didn't mean complicated due to math, I meant due to what other tables were involved with doing contracts in 04-08 Franchise files, and the differences between 04-08 roster files and the 19 roster file.
The math that is in the contracts is pretty much based on what the game had from 04-08. I haven't checked how it is done in 19.

johnnyboyo
Rookie

Postby johnnyboyo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Cursive wrote:But how did you import the portrait?

with Stingray's AST editor

at first i exported the portraits.ast from Legacy>common>madden>ui>swappables
then I created Murray's portrait in two different resolutions, 256x256 and 512x512
then I named the 256 pic "kylermurray-File27" (because that was the next free ID and because adding "-File[ID]" to the filename makes the AST editor automatically import the pic with the right ID)
then I named the 512 pic "kylermurray-File10027" (because that's how the portraits.ast works, the ID for the 512 version is always the original ID + 10000)
then I saved the AST and imported it with Frosty again
and then I changed his portrait ID to 27 using AMP

awesomeninja45
Rookie

Postby awesomeninja45 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:57 am

So i edited a roster with AMP and it took me like 4 hours to update every roster in the game. When i go to load the roster into madden 19 it doesn't load. Any help with this? I took the original .db file and just removed the .db extension so idk if that messed up the file.

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:17 am

awesomeninja45 wrote:So i edited a roster with AMP and it took me like 4 hours to update every roster in the game. When i go to load the roster into madden 19 it doesn't load. Any help with this? I took the original .db file and just removed the .db extension so idk if that messed up the file.

In 19, the Roster would be named something like "OFFICIAL-ROSTER" There is no file extension, so it isn't clear on what you are actually doing.
You need to give more details, please see first post.

awesomeninja45
Rookie

Postby awesomeninja45 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

StingRay68 wrote:
awesomeninja45 wrote:So i edited a roster with AMP and it took me like 4 hours to update every roster in the game. When i go to load the roster into madden 19 it doesn't load. Any help with this? I took the original .db file and just removed the .db extension so idk if that messed up the file.

In 19, the Roster would be named something like "OFFICIAL-ROSTER" There is no file extension, so it isn't clear on what you are actually doing.
You need to give more details, please see first post.

I edited a roster i downloaded from the community files thingy. I then opened it in madden AMP. I edited it and then tried to load it in Madden 19 but it won't load. sorry for not explaining it more in my last post i was tired. I just moved players to their accurate teams and I edited Kareem Hunt's ratings and Olivier Vernon's position

awesomeninja45
Rookie

Postby awesomeninja45 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:50 am

Nevermind, i just realized where i messed up. I knew i should have done this during the day.

awesomeninja45
Rookie

Postby awesomeninja45 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Ok, this program is broken as hell. I was deleting some retired players and i noticed that it took multiple deletion attempts to delete the player. When i was finished and i loaded up the roster, I noticed some players i didn't delete were gone. What the heck happened?????? Why did it delete players i didn't even delete????? Fix this program dude!!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 pm

awesomeninja45 wrote:Ok, this program is broken as hell. I was deleting some retired players and i noticed that it took multiple deletion attempts to delete the player. When i was finished and i loaded up the roster, I noticed some players i didn't delete were gone. What the heck happened?????? Why did it delete players i didn't even delete????? Fix this program dude!!!!

I haven't tried to use this program on Madden 19 yet, but I can assure you that Sting is one of the best people and programmers we have here. I've NEVER had any issues with it myself. Maybe have a slightly more appreciative and respectful attitude toward his hard work?

Have you been able to replicate your issues on any unedited rosters? The first step when you find an issue is not to blame the program, but to look and see if it could be something you're doing. Try again with different rosters, and make sure you're doing each step correctly. And if you still have the issue, report it here and it'll be looked at further.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am

Updated code to v4.41

This will be my final public release of Madden Amp.
Hopefully it has been of some use over the years.

Return to “Utilities”