Bep's Franchise Editor/Unretirements/Undeletions

Modifying Madden 19
DSzymborski
Pro Bowl

Postby DSzymborski » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:27 pm

I'm just curious if anyone has made any leeway on restoring retirements/FA deletions in bep's franchise editor.

As an experiment, I've been trying to restore Jerell Adams, who the computer deletes after preseason cuts after I release him into free agency. I compared the database entries under PLAYER for Adams both before and after the game takes that administrative step to delete excess free agents and they're actually identical to each other except for Free Agent vs. Deleted. Yet changing deleted back to Free Agent after the season starts does *not* restore Adams into the FA pool.

It's also not a hard-coded number of maximum free agents as far as I can tell, at least not in this way, because if I delete another free agent to "free up" a space in the free agent list, it doesn't restore Adams to the FA list. I then changed Josh Adams, a free agent who survived the deletions, to Deleted from Free Agent and in this case, moving him to deleted *does* remove him from the free agent pool and changing him back restores him. Yet it doesn't work for Jerell Adams.

So I've been looking if there's some other master list of retired/deleted players, apart from the Player section, that prevents restoring Jerell Adams this way, but to date, I haven't found one. So I'm wondering if anyone else has solved this one; I haven't found anything *directly* on-point.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Bep's Franchise Editor/Unretirements/Undeletions

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:31 am

I believe that the game has 2 components for what you're describing. There is a list of free agents. The player also has a status.
When the player is in FA, he is on that list as well as his status is FA.
You changing a player from FA to deleted just changed the status, the reference is still in the FA pool.
When the game changes someone to deleted, the player's reference is removed from the free agents list.
You won't be able to bring someone back to FA (that the game has set as deleted) without adding that reference to the FA pool as well.

DSzymborski
Pro Bowl

Postby DSzymborski » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:19 pm

Yeah, that's the problem I'm coming up against. I just can't find the right table with the current list of free agents for the life of me. So my hope is someone else has found which table it's stashed in because my eyes are numb from scrolling through the likely ones.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:50 pm

this is the response i got from bep a while ago about unretiring players

is it possible to bring back retired players, and if so what are the steps. i've tried to poke around with the editor to do this but nothing seems to work

@bep713 bep713 added the question label on May 10
@bep713
Owner
bep713 commented on May 10
It would all depend on how Madden handles retired players. I know there is a field with a player status that shows Retired, but does Madden remove the player after the year or keep all of the retired players sitting there? If so, I doubt just changing the enum will solve the problem - you'd probably need to edit other tables as well to add the player into the FA pool or back on a team.

sorry it probably isn't much help, but i gave up after trying to comb through the tables in the editor

DSzymborski
Pro Bowl

Postby DSzymborski » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:07 pm

Yup, you can change the flag on the player, but I can't find the dang table with the FA pool. Nor have I found a table that allows you to change the deletions from the preseason to season transition. Very frustrating; this was fairly easy to manipulate in Madden08 since FA pool was simply determined by the teamID for the player.

DSzymborski
Pro Bowl

Postby DSzymborski » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:23 pm

One thing that looks promising: CutDayStartEvent. I haven't tested it for stability, but it *did* allow me to change MaxRosterSize to 75 and after simming the preseason, the computer didn't need to make cuts and there was no mass deletion (I checked, it's Week 1 and no players have Deleted status). Now, to test to see if you can do undo the roster size after the regular season starts; if it automatically triggers a free agent trim or it requires the transition from preseason to regular season.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 am

In beps editor, search for franchise, click on the link.
It's been awhile since I messed with it, but I think this a main entry point where you can get to most of the tables in the game.
Scroll over to free agents and click the link. That contains the references to the players in the free agent pool.
You'd have to add a reference to a player that was marked as deleted to get the player back into the FA pool.
I dont know if bep has accounted for that option or not, used to be you had to replace an existing one. If you choose to go that route, you probably want to make note of the player you are replacing and then mark him as deleted.
If you're using m20 or m19, you can try my editor, I may have automated that task, again its been awhile.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22136

DSzymborski
Pro Bowl

Postby DSzymborski » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks!

So far, I haven't had anything weird happen in sims. Preventing deletions from happening at all seems to be less messy than reversing them.

Return to “Modding”