Madden 20 Roster Mass Edit?

Modifying Madden 19
88rchi
Rookie

Postby 88rchi » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:21 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Raymond. I had a strange idea this past week (Blame it on the quarantine), but I wanted to see if there's an easy way to modify the full roster in Madden 20. I extracted the roster and played around with all the players. Basically I took one player around 60 OVR per position and copied their stats to every all the players in that same position. Once I figured out the spreadsheet it wasn't that hard, but I don't know a way of taking a CSV and turning it into a roster file. If anyone has any recommendations, or if there's a solution that has already been shared, please let me know!

P.S. If the only way is to edit each individual player in the actual Madden Amp or in the Game... I'll just not do it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 20 Roster Mass Edit?

Postby elguapo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 pm

88rchi wrote:Hey everyone, my name is Raymond. I had a strange idea this past week (Blame it on the quarantine), but I wanted to see if there's an easy way to modify the full roster in Madden 20. I extracted the roster and played around with all the players. Basically I took one player around 60 OVR per position and copied their stats to every all the players in that same position. Once I figured out the spreadsheet it wasn't that hard, but I don't know a way of taking a CSV and turning it into a roster file. If anyone has any recommendations, or if there's a solution that has already been shared, please let me know!

P.S. If the only way is to edit each individual player in the actual Madden Amp or in the Game... I'll just not do it.

Have you tried the DB editor?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21400

88rchi
Rookie

Re: Madden 20 Roster Mass Edit?

Postby 88rchi » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:15 am

Hey Elguapo, thanks for reaching out!!!

I've actually been trying it off and on the past few days. (I still have the backup of the official roster, and i'm not worried about anything getting goofed up).

Today I was finally able to get it to load a custom roster, that at the time had zero players. I proceeded to make a new player, and he shows up fine in Madden DB Editor. I tried to see what would happen if I took him to Franchise mode but, It let every other team sign every player they wanted as if they were free agents.

I can make duplicates of players, but since they share the same ID, if you do anything to one of them, it does that for everyone. So that leaves me at an impasse.
I've created four players right now, just a quarter back for the first four teams in the order.

In Madden Amp, was find a player in the 60s at each position, and try to copy their information over all of the other players at the same position. I still have the spreadsheet, and it honestly looks like it should work. Everyone one of them has unique ID's but I don't know how to take it from a .csv file to a Madden Roster. They are just using the existing Id's so the commentary for the clones, would be incorrect, but it should work.

I was thinking about another way to do this. Have a franchise file set up for either a fantasy draft or a rookie draft, but have every existing player retire. Thus leaving it up to rookies, but also creating enough rookies to fill all the teams, but with the 60 or so overall ratings.

Now, if you find yourself asking why I'm doing this, I cannot blame you. I'm thinking about testing just how much drafting affects a team in madden. I'm curios to see how, if every team has the same needs, how they would draft. Also, It's like if the NFL cloned a bunch of players who aren't particularly great and let them play.

Any insight you have would be appreciated!

Return to “Modding”