A fix for Jumbotron/video ribbon boards in rebuilt/relocated stadiums found

Modifying Madden 19
LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 am

When you rebuild your stadium or relocate in franchise you lose your team specific animations in the new stadium. They are replaced with generic black and white EA Madden ones that really kill the vibe of the new place. I had asked about them over on the OS Discord and TheBleedingRed was able to track them down. You can use Frosty to swap out the animations for the Jumbotron and ribbon boards with your team's specific set. We still can't create new ones or edit them yet but you can at least get back the ones that are lost.

Sponsor

Sponsor

33teams
Pro Bowl

Re: A fix for Jumbotron/video ribbon boards in rebuilt/relocated stadiums found

Postby 33teams » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:26 am

LOBBS wrote:When you rebuild your stadium or relocate in franchise you lose your team specific animations in the new stadium. They are replaced with generic black and white EA Madden ones that really kill the vibe of the new place. I had asked about them over on the OS Discord and TheBleedingRed was able to track them down. You can use Frosty to swap out the animations for the Jumbotron and ribbon boards with your team's specific set. We still can't create new ones or edit them yet but you can at least get back the ones that are lost.

How can I do it please? What have I to edit with Frosty?

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:14 am

33teams wrote:
LOBBS wrote:When you rebuild your stadium or relocate in franchise you lose your team specific animations in the new stadium. They are replaced with generic black and white EA Madden ones that really kill the vibe of the new place. I had asked about them over on the OS Discord and TheBleedingRed was able to track them down. You can use Frosty to swap out the animations for the Jumbotron and ribbon boards with your team's specific set. We still can't create new ones or edit them yet but you can at least get back the ones that are lost.

Do a search in Frosty for Jumbotron. You're looking for the Jumbotron animations within the fmv folder. Within that Jumbotron folder there will be all the teams and also a folder with the generic animations. Then it's just a matter of copying the GUIDs and chunksizes from the movie texture assets of your team over each of the generic's. There's a bunch of them for touchdowns, interceptions, etc. You only have to edit the movie texture asset not the other two similarly named meshes, etc. for each. The only one that I didn't copy over was the Super Bowl one as it's the one that plays on the Jumbotron of whatever stadium you win the Super Bowl in. Save as a project, make a mod, profit.

Obviously it'll play over any team in your franchise that has moved or built a new stadium as well so you'll only want to use the mod for your home games. I have a couple of teams in my franchise that have moved/rebuilt so I load them up as necessary for each.

33teams
Pro Bowl

Postby 33teams » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 pm

LOBBS wrote:
33teams wrote:

Do a search in Frosty for Jumbotron. You're looking for the Jumbotron animations within the fmv folder. Within that Jumbotron folder there will be all the teams and also a folder with the generic animations. Then it's just a matter of copying the GUIDs and chunksizes from the movie texture assets of your team over each of the generic's. There's a bunch of them for touchdowns, interceptions, etc. You only have to edit the movie texture asset not the other two similarly named meshes, etc. for each. The only one that I didn't copy over was the Super Bowl one as it's the one that plays on the Jumbotron of whatever stadium you win the Super Bowl in. Save as a project, make a mod, profit.

Obviously it'll play over any team in your franchise that has moved or built a new stadium as well so you'll only want to use the mod for your home games. I have a couple of teams in my franchise that have moved/rebuilt so I load them up as necessary for each.

Thank You very much

Return to “Modding”