Uniform Numbers Texture array Questions and Answers

Modifying Madden 19
Sleeper66
All-Pro

Re: Uniform Numbers Texture array Questions and Answers

Postby Sleeper66 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:07 am

The Frosty Editor has been updated to allow number editing (version 1.04.4).

Once the numbers are edited, they have to be inserted in the array file using a hex editor.

It's tedious, but not hard.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm

I posted the steps for array editing on the OS boards, and figured I'd drop it here too.

One thing I just found out: you don't need to replace each individual texture (number, letter, etc.), just the array. At least that was true with a number set I just tested.

The following steps are for editing a number array, but they work for font slices too:

1. Open a number array file and the edited number files in the hex editor.

2. Copy the first 148 bytes of the array file into a new file.

3. Delete the first 148 bytes of the first number file (zero), then copy what's left of that file into your new file (your cursor should be at the end of your new array file each time you copy data into it).

4. Follow step 3 for each of the remaining number files, in sequence (1, 2, 3, etc.). Be sure to delete the header info (first 148 bytes) of each number file before copying it into your new array.

5. Once you've pasted the number nine file contents, save your new array as a .dds file.

6. Compare the length of your new file with the original array file; they should be identical.

7. Import your new array file with the Frosty Editor. Check each number to be sure your changes are there.

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Thanks for the information :D
JOHN 3:16

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:04 am

Sleeper66 wrote:I posted the steps for array editing on the OS boards, and figured I'd drop it here too.

One thing I just found out: you don't need to replace each individual texture (number, letter, etc.), just the array. At least that was true with a number set I just tested.

The following steps are for editing a number array, but they work for font slices too:

3. Delete the first 148 bytes of the first number file (zero), then copy what's left of that file into your new file (your cursor should be at the end of your new array file each time you copy data into it).

4. Follow step 3 for each of the remaining number files, in sequence (1, 2, 3, etc.). Be sure to delete the header info (first 148 bytes) of each number file before copying it into your new array.

5. Once you've pasted the number nine file contents, save your new array as a .dds file.

6. Compare the length of your new file with the original array file; they should be identical.

7. Import your new array file with the Frosty Editor. Check each number to be sure your changes are there.

Made an interesting discovery. Once you have edited a texture array, you cannot edit the same file a second time to reimport. You must export a new game file to edit. You can export an original file and just use that file as your template. Always build your new file from an original game file. Editing the same file twice won't import in the Frosty editor. Don't know why. I edited the same texture array file a second time and couldn't get it to import. I then exported an original game file texture array and copied the 148 byte header and pasted that into my twice edited texture array file and that worked.
JOHN 3:16

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Interesting. I haven't had that issue. Last night I used the same edited files to do a few clean-ups on some numbers and they imported without a problem.

turbo72577
Rookie

Postby turbo72577 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 am

Sleeper66 wrote:I posted the steps for array editing on the OS boards, and figured I'd drop it here too.

Could you give us a visual representation of the steps for us noobs? Ok...me. I'm struggling with this process. Thanks.

Return to “Modding”