New Uniforms ?

Modifying Madden 19
NICK
All-Pro

New Uniforms ?

Postby NICK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 am

Tried to add a uniform by duplicating all of the uniform parts, preset files, and blue print files. Dumped the files in a separate team folder not related to the original uniform parts folder.

I then renamed all of the duplicated files, changed all of the preset and blue print files to reference the new parts.

Added a new uniform name in team mixmatch. Added the new renamed uniform parts to the mixmatch parts index list.

The new uniform shows up fine, but the new uniform parts are also overwriting the original uniform parts even though I have removed any references to those parts and renamed the files.

Then, I tried to change each uniform part order number to the next available slot so that two uniform parts wouldn't be occupying the same slot at the same time. When I did this, different uniform parts from a different team showed up instead of my new uniform parts.

There still has to be a reference somewhere to the original uniform parts in the duplicated files, but I cannot locate anything.

Any Ideas on this?
JOHN 3:16

New Uniforms ?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: New Uniforms ?

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Are you doing this on Madden 19 or 20 because I have noticed that over at operation sports no one is having much success with 20.......

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Rixster67r wrote:Are you doing this on Madden 19 or 20 because I have noticed that over at operation sports no one is having much success with 20.......

Madden 19, don't have 20.

These uniforms are weird. I don't think they work like they used to in terms of data field entries. It seems that for the most part the settings to a uniform are controlled by a team's mixmatch file, preset and blueprint bin files. I have not found anything linked to the uniform files themselves that contain a uniform I.D. number.

I was able to create a uniform by using borrowed parts, but somehow they linked back to the original parts. The uniform showed up in game under the created slot in mixmatch file, but it also showed up over the top of the original uniform. I have looked at my renamed and edited uniform in a hex editor along with all of the other associated files and cannot find anything that links the new uniform back to the original.

Additional Info:

When I changed the index number of each uniform part to the next available slot(s), Buccaneer uniform parts showed up. So I then opened up the Bucs team mixmatch file and did not find anything that linked back to my cowboys uniform. The uniform part index number is supposed to control the order number of similar uniform parts in succession for all of a team's uniforms. For example, my borrowed helmet and my edited helmet initially shared the same ItemIndexInPartType number which was 0. The Cowboys have three helmets in Madden and this ItemIndexInPartType will be numbered 0 for the first, 1 for the second, and 2 for the third. So I then numbered my helmet 3. I did the same thing for all of the other parts using the next number order slot and whamo the Bucs showed up. If I leave the number at 0, my created uniform displays my edited helmet, but it then also replaces the original uniform helmet. It gets put in both places. Change the part number and it gets lost in cyberspace and replaced with something else that I don't know how to access.

The only thing I can think to do to see if it is actually over writing an actual Bucs Uniform slot is to edit the uniform parts in a bucs uniform and see if they appear in my new cowboys uniform.

I could see this happening if I pointed the preset files and blueprint files to each corresponding Buc uniform part, but I didn't do that. I pointed the edited files to the edited uniform separate and apart from the original uniform and the Buc uniform.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 pm

I have been using these Texan alternate uniforms with Madden 19 and they work..... I even created some alternates from these uniforms in the game
Alternate Texan uniforms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8MIN ... WNaek5zVUk
Frosty editor
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12HsEA ... A6w8r2JSHk
Frosty mod manager
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Om01d ... ICXEETBBJm

Hopefully you can get some ideas about how they work.....

Come to think of it these uniforms overwrite the color rush alternates in the game.....

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I have been using these Texan alternate uniforms with Madden 19 and they work..... I even created some alternates from these uniforms in the game
Alternate Texan uniforms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8MIN ... WNaek5zVUk
Frosty editor
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12HsEA ... A6w8r2JSHk
Frosty mod manager
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Om01d ... ICXEETBBJm

Hopefully you can get some ideas about how they work.....

Come to think of it these uniforms overwrite the color rush alternates in the game.....

Thank You

I changed the part index order number to 150 for all four uni parts and the same thing happened. The original uniform was still overwritten and all of my uniform parts displayed the entire bucs away uniform except for the shoes. So, wheather I use the very next order slot or go beyond the next order slot, The bucs away uniform shows up. I'll have to try this with a different cowboys uniform and then a different team and see if the same thing happens. If it does, then not sure how adding uniforms would work. Ea has to have a way to add uniforms on the fly just like all of their other versions. If I remember correctly Elguapo found in 2008 pc the two default uniform slots that controlled a lot of things with regard to uniforms. Maybe there is something similar here. Don't know. I thought 2008 was tough enough to mod, but this is way out to another level altogether. Also There are just as much warping issues in this version as 2008. Got to admit Ea put some effort into making stripes, seams, and uniform designs high quality and were able to overcome warping issues for the most part.

Return to “Modding”