Hello everybody, I've been a big CPU vs. CPU player since NCAA14 and have been working on a Mod designed for this style of gameplay. I've gotten to a point where I feel comfortable sharing what I currently have but you should expect updates in the future as I can never seem to satisfy myself that something cant be improved. This mod is focused on the CPU behaving as realistic as possible. Some key things that have been reworked are...
- Focused on eliminating defenders running past oblivious blockers (RB's at the moment can still be troublesome sometimes) and more realistic pocket formation.
- Lead blockers should be much better at not running past defenders right in front of them and open field blocking in general.
Pass leading and accuracy
- Still a work in progress but QB's will be able lead receivers more and sometimes even "throw receivers open" so to speak. Tried to also have realistic misfires on passes at times, especially under pressure.
Open field running
- You should notice that ball-carriers in the open field will not be as likely (or shouldn't ever) cut back inside when they have open field to run to. Kick and punt returns should also be improved as a result.
Special move usage
- Ball-carriers will use special moves. (no stiffarms as of yet but hopefully they can be added in the future with patches from EA).
QB reaction to pressure and scrambling
- This is something I'm really happy about. As a cpu vs. cpu player it always annoyed me how QB's reacted to pressure and that pocket passers were basically the worst of the 3 types due to them being extremely limited in their options on dealing with pressure. Too many times I would see QB's on the goal line or in a short yardage situations not take the easy yardage for a TD/first down where realistically even a QB like Tom Brady would have tucked it and ran. This led to them being turnover machines. As it is now all QB types can potentially scramble on any down if the situation makes sense for them to do so. Overall reaction to pressure has also been improved for all QB types. (Note that at the moment QB's are tucking and running on bootlegs a little more than I would like so that will be looked at moving forward)
Other aspects of the gameplay have been improved upon but those are the big ones in my mind. I made this mod by using Sabo's Revival mod as a starting point and have included his Playbook and AI Game management mod edits as well because lets be honest you were going to want to add those anyway. I would like to thank Sabo for his work on creating the Revival mod and for being willing to help me out when I have a thousand random questions to ask him about Frosty. Also a shoutout to Sticks2681 for being my beta tester the past few weeks.
Settings should be set to
75 speed threshold.
All other gameplay and penalty sliders at 50 or "on".
All assists turned off except auto flip play on defense.
*I personally play with superstar abilities turned off but I don't know if it would be gamebreaking to have them on so use at your own risk.
Quarter length is personal preference but I use 10 min with no accel clock.
Updated link with newest version*
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wt9wx8fl1 ... 1.zip/file
Modifying Madden 19
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Madden 20 Coach mode and CPU vs. CPU Mod
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests