Removing Depth Chart Restrictions?

Modifying Madden 19
davidht999
Rookie

Postby davidht999 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:26 pm

I've poked around Discord and other places to find out if this is possible. Is there any way to remove depth chart/formation sub restrictions? For ex., make it like NCAA? I really should be able to use Taysom Hill at whatever offensive skill position I want to but he's just stuck at QB
Happens all the time in the NFL though. Gronk and Julio have played safety before. Edelman has played DB a couple times. Taysom plays wherever the hell he wants to. There's so many versatile athletes in the NFL that position switch all the time, but EA doesn't let us do it.

Is there a value somewhere that determines what positions can sub-in for where? For ex: FBs can play FB, HB, TE; TE can play TE, FB; etc.)?

Sponsor

Sponsor

rahien.din
Pro Bowl

Re: Removing Depth Chart Restrictions?

Postby rahien.din » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:37 pm

I really should be able to use Taysom Hill at whatever offensive skill position I want to but he's just stuck at QB
The bigger issue is that Madden will rubberband him down because a QB "shouldn't" play WR or RB. Madden's player ratings will change based on base stats and positional assignment. For instance you can take a tall, light quick OLB and sub him in as a DE, and his OVR will drop. But if you externally edit the roster so that he is a DE instead of an OLB, his OVR will be what it should be, according to his stats and position.

So if you find a way to get Taysom Hill in multiple places in the depth chart, he'll be nerfed at one or more of those positions.

Besides, what are you going to do - pause the game to edit the depth chart, over and over and over? Probably not. Probably you'll edit your playbook to use custom packages, such as with Packfan's editor. When you do, you may find that all the flexibility you need is in packages.

Return to “Modding”