Can someone please provide some help with editing the AST file to add custom portraits

Modifying Madden 19
Seeman22
Rookie

Can someone please provide some help with editing the AST file to add custom portraits

Postby Seeman22 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:40 pm

can someone please tell me if anyone has been able to add custom portraits to Madden 19 for PC yet.

if so what tool is being used to edit the AST file.

I have frosty editor running: I can see the portrait files, portraits and madden 15 portraits.
I know how to export the AST file to my drive to make it accessible to an editor program.
I also have the player table as a CSV file to enable me to see the portrait numbers and there related player name.

I just need to know how to edit the AST file.

please help.

Charles

Sponsor

Sponsor

Seeman22
Rookie

Would it be possible to create a mod that just runs the command line function for portraits

Postby Seeman22 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:49 pm

I am wondering if anybody would be willing to create a mod that runs the command exe files in the custom portrait import process. We can then do the search, find and create function of this process by hand and then the mod will again be able to run the command line t repack the file

StingRay68
MVP

Re: Can someone please provide some help with editing the AST file to add custom portraits

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Posts merged since the OP seemed to have more of an idea of how to do this.

The executable you are referring to is offzip ? If so, no, that is not a good idea to try and create something to automate the insertion of custom files into the portraits.
It is my understanding that you would need to keep the file size the same as (or less than) the original file size you are wanting to replace.
Also, have read when people have done this through offzip it slows down the reading of the file in game.

I had a look at the portraits.ast file for a bit, all I can say is, wait...

Seeman22
Rookie

Re: Can someone please provide some help with editing the AST file to add custom portraits

Postby Seeman22 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Thank you for providing a response Stingray.

Return to “Modding”