First mod for Madden 19 is underwhelming, but it shows modding textures is indeed possible in at least some capacity

Modifying Madden 19
trey31
Hall of Fame

First mod for Madden 19 is underwhelming, but it shows modding textures is indeed possible in at least some capacity

Postby trey31 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 am

Galaxy Man, using Frosty 1.0.5, has added text to the splash screen texture. This was uploaded yesterday before the official release of Madden 19 Standard Edition (Origin Premiere and Madden 19 HOF released a few days early).

This looks promising!
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: First mod for Madden 19 is underwhelming, but it shows modding textures is indeed possible in at least some capacity

Postby trey31 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm

My Madden 19 copy finally downloaded. Tried to use Frosty 1.0.4.2, but no dice. The developer of Frosty is currently working on version 1.0.5, which appears to be an update specifically for adding Madden 19 modding features. I will update as more info pops up.

Of note, Frosty does allow meshes to be imported and exported in other Frostbite titles, and it appears that it is being updated to include Madden 19 in that as well. For more info, Googling FIFA cyberfaces and 2K17/2K18 cyberfaces will give you an idea of how the modding scene could be operating in regards to Madden 19, if it indeed does get to that point.

3DS, Maya, and Blender should be compatible with models and cyberfaces exported from Frosty, as previous version of Frosty have allowed exporting meshes in .dae and .fbx formats (both support skinning) as well as .obj (which does not).

From what I have seen from gregkwaste's work on FIFA 15 and NBA 2K, entire scenes could be imported and exported, which is pretty much entire stadiums. Not necessarily with stadium assets intact, like camera crews or sideline objects or crowds (in the case of 2K games' scenes) but in FIFA 15 they even included surrounding city scapes for aerial shots. Who knows what Madden 19 can do, but the meshes are already viewable within the Frosty 1.0.5 build, which means the data is readable and not encrypted, otherwise the mesh viewer in Frosty wouldn't display them (which it does, as seen with Antonio Brown's mesh in the first image below).

Frosty 1.0.5 Mesh Viewer in action

FIFA15 stadiums
Spoiler:

NBA 2K Arenas
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “Modding”