Madden 19 price

PatriotFan90
Veteran

Madden 19 price

Postby PatriotFan90 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm

Why is Madden 19 PC still going for 59.99 over 3 years after its release...?

Madden 19 price

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden 19 price

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 pm

PatriotFan90 wrote:Why is Madden 19 PC still going for 59.99 over 3 years after its release...?

Because modern video games, especially digital downloads, don't drop in price nearly as quickly as they used to.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 am

you can get madden 20 here for 30 bucks

https://www.ebgames.ca/PC/Index

oops, it's out of stock

PatriotFan90
Veteran

Postby PatriotFan90 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:14 pm

RevanFan wrote:
PatriotFan90 wrote:Why is Madden 19 PC still going for 59.99 over 3 years after its release...?

Because modern video games, especially digital downloads, don't drop in price nearly as quickly as they used to.
Aaaaaaaaand why is THAT? Lol

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:45 am

PatriotFan90 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Because video games companies, especially AAA companies like EA, Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft, Take Two, and the like, only care about making as much money as possible at all times, completely disregarding the consumer in the process.
My Cowboys Journal

PatriotFan90
Veteran

Postby PatriotFan90 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:
PatriotFan90 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Because modern video games, especially digital downloads, don't drop in price nearly as quickly as they used to.

Because video games companies, especially AAA companies like EA, Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft, Take Two, and the like, only care about making as much money as possible at all times, completely disregarding the consumer in the process.
By AAA, are you referring to the financial rating?

As far as only caring about making money and disregarding the consumer, that didnt exactly start yesterday, thats most companies for most or all of corporate history, so why now keep the price of games at the original release price when in the past the price dropped to pennies on the dollar as soon as the next release in the series hit the shelf? If I don't want to pay 59.99 for the new madden, but would be willing to pay 19.99 for a 2 or 3 year old madden, then you lose all the sales of people like me by keeping the price of the older maddens at 59.99...Especially when you have all the issues madden has these days. It's either madden 19 at a low price, or no new maddens at all, I'm not paying 59.99 for a new madden with all the issues it has, I'll just stick to madden 08...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:59 pm

PatriotFan90 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
PatriotFan90 wrote:Aaaaaaaaand why is THAT? Lol

As far as only caring about making money and disregarding the consumer, that didnt exactly start yesterday, thats most companies for most or all of corporate history, so why now keep the price of games at the original release price when in the past the price dropped to pennies on the dollar as soon as the next release in the series hit the shelf? If I don't want to pay 59.99 for the new madden, but would be willing to pay 19.99 for a 2 or 3 year old madden, then you lose all the sales of people like me by keeping the price of the older maddens at 59.99...Especially when you have all the issues madden has these days. It's either madden 19 at a low price, or no new maddens at all, I'm not paying 59.99 for a new madden with all the issues it has, I'll just stick to madden 08...

AAA is referring to the type of studio making the game. AAA studios, generally speaking, are either owned by or have the backing of massive corporations, or are otherwise insanely rich. Your EAs, Ubisofts, Take Twos, Sonys, Microsofts, and CD Projekts come to mind. Take Mass Effect 3, for instance. That game is a AAA game because it was made by BioWare, who is owned and given financial backing by EA, who is stupidly rich and owns dozens of dev studios. Madden is AAA, as it is made by EA Tiburon, a subsidiary of EA.

There are also "AA" games, a less well-defined type of game usually seen to be a game with a lot of the qualities of a AAA game, but with less financial backing and a bit more "jank". They also tend to not have predatory anti-consumer practices involved. Think of games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Greedfall, or A Plague Tale: Innocence.

After that, you have indie games, made by small, independent studios, or sometimes even studios with just one or two people making the game. They tend to have very small budgets compared to other games, meaning the devs have to be more creative to stand out. Many of them also have retro art styles. Think of games like Papers, Please and Return of the Obra Dinn, who were both made by one person, Lucas Pope. Other indie games are games like Slay the Spire, Outer Wilds, or The Binding of Isaac. While AAA and AA games often cost $60 for the basic version and well over $100+ for the deluxe, indie games are often much cheaper.

And yes, I know basically all companies in human history have been anti-consumer, but it's a relatively recent trend in gaming. As recently as the mid-2000s, most gaming companies innovated and put out solid games for decent prices, and didn't include any BS. Then expansions went away toward the end of the 2000s, and DLCs became a thing. Then they took it a step further and did the "day one" or "on disc" DLC, which was the first really anti-consumer thing the gaming industry did. Then you had microtransactions. Then loot boxes. Now they're trying to increase the standard game price to $70 without providing the content to match, and at the same time publishers like Activision/Blizzard rake in billions by exploiting their consumers, then they fire hundreds of devs anyway, but still find a way to give their CEO a $200+ MILLION bonus. All the meanwhile, the devs they don't fire so they can give their CEOs bigger bonuses are worked to the bone, often being crunched to their mental breaking points.

The gaming industry used to be one of the few where there was genuine competition and innovation, and games were better for it. Now it's stagnant where the only thing companies try to innovate on is how to make a quick buck while causing normal people the most pain and the lowest legal risk to themselves. At least the big ones. AA and indie devs still do some awesome stuff, and very rarely you'll see a AAA company let their devs do something fun or unique without them publisher stepping in to ruin it, but that's becoming less common all the time (except EA, who got into a lot of trouble when they tried to turn Star Wars into a gambling machine, and were essentially forced by public pressure to make decent Star Wars games again. But, their sports games are still horrifically anti-consumer.)

EDIT: Also, concerning game prices, there are also big differences between console and PC. Console games don't go on sale very often, but PC stores have sales almost constantly. THAT I can't explain. I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't know it. Maybe because there's usually only one or two ways to buy a console game, but PC games have, like, 20 storefronts at this point?
My Cowboys Journal

PatriotFan90
Veteran

Postby PatriotFan90 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:07 am

RevanFan wrote:
PatriotFan90 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Because video games companies, especially AAA companies like EA, Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft, Take Two, and the like, only care about making as much money as possible at all times, completely disregarding the consumer in the process.

AAA is referring to the type of studio making the game. AAA studios, generally speaking, are either owned by or have the backing of massive corporations, or are otherwise insanely rich. Your EAs, Ubisofts, Take Twos, Sonys, Microsofts, and CD Projekts come to mind. Take Mass Effect 3, for instance. That game is a AAA game because it was made by BioWare, who is owned and given financial backing by EA, who is stupidly rich and owns dozens of dev studios. Madden is AAA, as it is made by EA Tiburon, a subsidiary of EA.

There are also "AA" games, a less well-defined type of game usually seen to be a game with a lot of the qualities of a AAA game, but with less financial backing and a bit more "jank". They also tend to not have predatory anti-consumer practices involved. Think of games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Greedfall, or A Plague Tale: Innocence.

After that, you have indie games, made by small, independent studios, or sometimes even studios with just one or two people making the game. They tend to have very small budgets compared to other games, meaning the devs have to be more creative to stand out. Many of them also have retro art styles. Think of games like Papers, Please and Return of the Obra Dinn, who were both made by one person, Lucas Pope. Other indie games are games like Slay the Spire, Outer Wilds, or The Binding of Isaac. While AAA and AA games often cost $60 for the basic version and well over $100+ for the deluxe, indie games are often much cheaper.

And yes, I know basically all companies in human history have been anti-consumer, but it's a relatively recent trend in gaming. As recently as the mid-2000s, most gaming companies innovated and put out solid games for decent prices, and didn't include any BS. Then expansions went away toward the end of the 2000s, and DLCs became a thing. Then they took it a step further and did the "day one" or "on disc" DLC, which was the first really anti-consumer thing the gaming industry did. Then you had microtransactions. Then loot boxes. Now they're trying to increase the standard game price to $70 without providing the content to match, and at the same time publishers like Activision/Blizzard rake in billions by exploiting their consumers, then they fire hundreds of devs anyway, but still find a way to give their CEO a $200+ MILLION bonus. All the meanwhile, the devs they don't fire so they can give their CEOs bigger bonuses are worked to the bone, often being crunched to their mental breaking points.

The gaming industry used to be one of the few where there was genuine competition and innovation, and games were better for it. Now it's stagnant where the only thing companies try to innovate on is how to make a quick buck while causing normal people the most pain and the lowest legal risk to themselves. At least the big ones. AA and indie devs still do some awesome stuff, and very rarely you'll see a AAA company let their devs do something fun or unique without them publisher stepping in to ruin it, but that's becoming less common all the time (except EA, who got into a lot of trouble when they tried to turn Star Wars into a gambling machine, and were essentially forced by public pressure to make decent Star Wars games again. But, their sports games are still horrifically anti-consumer.)

EDIT: Also, concerning game prices, there are also big differences between console and PC. Console games don't go on sale very often, but PC stores have sales almost constantly. THAT I can't explain. I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't know it. Maybe because there's usually only one or two ways to buy a console game, but PC games have, like, 20 storefronts at this point?

Thanks for your extensive and well thought-out input! That is depressing and fricked up. Just another example of how life on this planet just keeps getting worse.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 am

lol I will do extact quote of a topic I just made LOL.

This is a pretty good grab now that it's $20. Can't believe how high the other 2 are to be honest.

Runs good on my OLD 2014 8GB PC , Plus I still wanted the REDSKINS.

I am going to try busting through the rosters.

Hint to everyone , Shared Rosters through the community , You can't add new created players to keep the flame going by using a roster you find from someone. Your best bet is to Load Up the Free Agent Pool with Generic Players to later use in the future.

Removed

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri May 21, 2021 2:16 pm

Randall12 wrote:lol I will do extact quote of a topic I just made LOL.

This is a pretty good grab now that it's $20. Can't believe how high the other 2 are to be honest.

Runs good on my OLD 2014 8GB PC , Plus I still wanted the REDSKINS.

I am going to try busting through the rosters.

Hint to everyone , Shared Rosters through the community , You can't add new created players to keep the flame going by using a roster you find from someone. Your best bet is to Load Up the Free Agent Pool with Generic Players to later use in the future.

Removed

This is not a legal copy! :shock: Madden 19 can only be access through EA Play or EA Play Pro for PC.

Return to “General Discussion”