Frustrations Improvement for Madden 20 if it will be on PC

victoryphoenix
Rookie

Postby victoryphoenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 am

We were so excited when PC madden returned and love the game. Were American so we are exercising our right to complain.

Here is my whiny little of the things in this game piss us off list.

1) Shut the hell up and let me call a play. Too much dialogue by the announcers between plays, I would rather have that time to call my next play.
2) Passing Game. As an old school fan a verticle passing game that works would be wonderful. Having three receivers open and repeatedly having your qb throw to the check down is annoying as hell.
2.b) Pass defense, feast or famine. There is no defense for a bump and run, man, shutdown defense. Too many easy completions for both sides.
3) Coach mode sucks. We have had a long standing coach mode league as we are strategic players not button mashers.
4) The Music sucks, let us import our own our specify less sucky music
5) Relocation mode needs more options, cities, names
6) This game penalizes small market teams and begs you to go in edit salaries just so you can make a profit.
7) Do ratings matter, I picked up Jarvion Franklin a HB with a 62 rating, Adrian Peterson my startefd went down in game 1, Franklin then rushed for 1700 yards that season with 22 TDs, not complaining but just wondering.
Add a key were one of players can take off his helmet and use it to beat another player, specifically a MLB with a rating of 71 that plays like Lawrence Taylor.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Re: Frustrations Improvement for Madden 20 if it will be on PC

Postby Chargerbolt » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:07 pm

I don't like how the coin toss is pre-determined. Lame.

SBranch90
Rookie

Re: Frustrations Improvement for Madden 20 if it will be on PC

Postby SBranch90 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:36 pm

I agree, I have one play that I have on offense that if I call it every play I will be close to 100% completions and my receivers and tight ends will have 100 catches and 1000 yards a piece. I only ran it head to head a few times but it works the same against almost every defense. Defense is easy to read because the pass rush is slower which is nice but it makes it too easy for button mashing passers. On coach mode they should take away the ability to control because there could eventually be problems. I haven't tried it but there are ways to set the gameplan up so that if CPU is calling the plays they will call plays you pick based on situation. This could be a medium between coach and sim that will be nice.

So far after 2 weeks it is nice but against CPU will be nice to have more adjusting. For example I know that if I get cover 2 zone against a TE seam route I have a guarantee of 20+ yards. So every pass play I have my TE run a seam pattern. I know that there will be at least 10-20% cover 2 zone in any game so I know I will get a few big plays. What would be nice is if they bated me. Smart DBs and coaches will know that this is a strategy from film or at least over the course of a game. They would be bate me into that throw and just before I throw it they would break on the TE and pick the ball off at least a few times. But I throw it on timing and the safety watches me gain 20 yards on all madden. It makes little sense from realism.

Even against a human opponent any good madden player will be able to take advantage of these types of anomalies since no player can control all 11 defenders. So if you have enough routes like this you can organize your five routes that work against anything and tear up cpu defenders. So CPU reading and understanding of tendencies would be nice to force adjustments on offense. In real life that is why offenses call multiple plays. I mean Lombardi called the sweep constantly or so I understand, because he said if they can't stop it why call another play. That is the way madden is, if you cannot stop the money plays or at least get some help from the CPU then I expect human players to run the same freaking plays over and over and over.

Return to “General Discussion”