Logging into origin

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Logging into origin

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:05 pm

This game seems to automatically log into Origin each time you start the game. I went and chose to go offline and disabled every feature known in the app settings and still it opens up the Origin app every time that you start M19. The only way to prevent the start up of Origin that I've found is disconnecting the internet from your machine. Hardly want to do that every time I start the game. I only want updates as I want them and not hounded each time the Origin app starts.
Thoughts?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Logging into origin

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Logging into origin

Postby elguapo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Can you set a firewall to stop Orion from accessing the internet?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:This game seems to automatically log into Origin each time you start the game. I went and chose to go offline and disabled every feature known in the app settings and still it opens up the Origin app every time that you start M19. The only way to prevent the start up of Origin that I've found is disconnecting the internet from your machine. Hardly want to do that every time I start the game. I only want updates as I want them and not hounded each time the Origin app starts.
Thoughts?

It'll always start Origin when you start the game. It has to. But Origin should still be in offline mode.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:38 pm

RevanFan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:This game seems to automatically log into Origin each time you start the game. I went and chose to go offline and disabled every feature known in the app settings and still it opens up the Origin app every time that you start M19. The only way to prevent the start up of Origin that I've found is disconnecting the internet from your machine. Hardly want to do that every time I start the game. I only want updates as I want them and not hounded each time the Origin app starts.
Thoughts?

It'll always start Origin when you start the game. It has to. But Origin should still be in offline mode.

How can I tell if Origin is online? I don't really trust that Origin is downloading and uploading even though it is in offline mode. Why would the app start? Just triggered by M19 opening?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Thoughts?

How can I tell if Origin is online? I don't really trust that Origin is downloading and uploading even though it is in offline mode. Why would the app start? Just triggered by M19 opening?

Yeah, when you go to open the game, Origin has to open so IT can open the game. Your shortcut doesn't directly open the game. It opens a link to Origin telling Origin to open the game. Steam works the same way.

You can tell if you're offline by looking at the top right of the screen. You'll see a notification that says "Offline Mode". You can also go into the Origin menu and check if "Go Online" is an option. If it is, you're in offline mode.
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:30 am

Let me put this scenario because I'm confused by what Orion does. If I have no internet will the game still play?

Well how did you download the game wirhout internet? I have the disk. (just kidding)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:52 am

elguapo wrote:Let me put this scenario because I'm confused by what Orion does. If I have no internet will the game still play?

Well how did you download the game wirhout internet? I have the disk. (just kidding)

Question: Why do you keep calling it Orion? As much as that would be a better name, haha.

How do you download the game without internet? Go to a place with internet and download it there, haha. Once it's downloaded, though, it can be played offline.

And even if you bought the disc version of an EA game, Mass Effect 3 for example, you'd still have to go on Origin to activate it.
My Cowboys Journal

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:52 am

elguapo wrote:Let me put this scenario because I'm confused by what Orion does. If I have no internet will the game still play?

If you have no internet, it will still play.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:07 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Question: Why do you keep calling it Orion? As much as that would be a better name, haha.

How do you download the game without internet? Go to a place with internet and download it there, haha. Once it's downloaded, though, it can be played offline.

And even if you bought the disc version of an EA game, Mass Effect 3 for example, you'd still have to go on Origin to activate it.

Why do I call it Orion? I don't know, it just comes out like that. Might be a subliminal message that the visitors are returning from Orion's belt.

Ok so the game will still play without internet. Thank you.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:07 pm

NickyJ wrote:

If you have no internet, it will still play.

Thank you sir.

Return to “General Discussion”