Defense is out of this world good

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 am

Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I throw a pass and it gets intercepted sooooooo easily. It's almost like the QB is intending the pass for the coverage man. Am I missing a setting that would ease that? I'm playing on All-Pro and have messed with the sliders a lot but can't seem to remedy it. It's like the receiver just doesn't care whether he catches it or not and will not go after the pass. Granted I am using the Jets to test with and their OVR is really low anyway.
Any ideas other than I stink at this new game?

PS - Really having a time getting used to the new button configurations. I just can't seem to get used to the RT button being for speed burst instead of A. Using a Xbox 360 controller. The whole log vs bullet thing is proving a challenge as well to get used to.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

tbb429
All-Pro

Re: Defense is out of this world good

Postby tbb429 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 am

my very first game i threw 12 int's using big ben and then averaged about 4 per game through the next 5 or 6 games, i finally lowered the cpu int slider and now the cpu will bat down a couple of errant throws instead of picking them off, but i still throw at least one per game.

i had to go to my backup josh dobbs for about five games, and for some reason he was more accurate on every throw he made than big ben. went back to ben after the injury was over and once again threw a pick, but it was the only one. i did notice however that his passes are leaving a bit later than dobbs passes were getting out, so i'm going to edit the throwing motion as i think that may have something to do with it.

on ben's passes the defense seem to catch up to his passes where with dobbs they weren't. so i'd say use a few different qb's to see if you notice any difference in the cpu reactions to their passes

update: changed ben to slinger 2 or 3 and first two passes zipped through tight coverage and were completed,as they were with dobbs. much faster getting out and to the target so far. hope this can be of some help to you

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 pm

tbb429 wrote:my very first game i threw 12 int's using big ben and then averaged about 4 per game through the next 5 or 6 games, i finally lowered the cpu int slider and now the cpu will bat down a couple of errant throws instead of picking them off, but i still throw at least one per game.

i had to go to my backup josh dobbs for about five games, and for some reason he was more accurate on every throw he made than big ben. went back to ben after the injury was over and once again threw a pick, but it was the only one. i did notice however that his passes are leaving a bit later than dobbs passes were getting out, so i'm going to edit the throwing motion as i think that may have something to do with it.

on ben's passes the defense seem to catch up to his passes where with dobbs they weren't. so i'd say use a few different qb's to see if you notice any difference in the cpu reactions to their passes

update: changed ben to slinger 2 or 3 and first two passes zipped through tight coverage and were completed,as they were with dobbs. much faster getting out and to the target so far. hope this can be of some help to you

Thanks for the reply and it can't hurt to make those changes. Dropped down to PRO and still having issues completing the out slant and out sideline passes. Always get picked. Using Jimmy G now and I always thought that he had a fast release. I'll try your suggestions and see what happens.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:20 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
tbb429 wrote:my very first game i threw 12 int's using big ben and then averaged about 4 per game through the next 5 or 6 games, i finally lowered the cpu int slider and now the cpu will bat down a couple of errant throws instead of picking them off, but i still throw at least one per game.

Thanks for the reply and it can't hurt to make those changes. Dropped down to PRO and still having issues completing the out slant and out sideline passes. Always get picked. Using Jimmy G now and I always thought that he had a fast release. I'll try your suggestions and see what happens.

cool give it a shot and see if anything makes a difference. ben using dobbs slinger release didn't work out too great either. the passes were out a little faster but were somehow less accurate so i changed it to one of the traditional releases and that has worked out better.

i have trouble with the outs too, ben throws those too far to the sideline and the wr catches it out of bounds, yet on deep passes he throws accurate passes right to the wr's spot in the pattern instead of leading him with the throw, so haven't figured those out yet

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 am

tbb429 wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:

cool give it a shot and see if anything makes a difference. ben using dobbs slinger release didn't work out too great either. the passes were out a little faster but were somehow less accurate so i changed it to one of the traditional releases and that has worked out better.

i have trouble with the outs too, ben throws those too far to the sideline and the wr catches it out of bounds, yet on deep passes he throws accurate passes right to the wr's spot in the pattern instead of leading him with the throw, so haven't figured those out yet

70% or so of my deep passes get picked because the receiver won't go for the ball and the defender will. How frustrating? I turned off ball hawk and heat seeking abilities and that has made it better, but I'd give my right eye tooth for the receiver to actually go after the ball.

Return to “General Discussion”