Madden 19 on disk

mginsburg
Rookie

Madden 19 on disk

Postby mginsburg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Can i buy Madden 19 for PC on a physical disk. I don't want to use Origin at all. Their online accounts drain bandwidth. I just want to buy it like I did with Madden 08. Thank you

Madden 19 on disk

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Madden 19 on disk

Postby mike9472 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Haven't seen an actual disk yet, so far just a download.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 pm

mginsburg wrote:Can i buy Madden 19 for PC on a physical disk. I don't want to use Origin at all. Their online accounts drain bandwidth. I just want to buy it like I did with Madden 08. Thank you

I see the physical copies here in Brazil... but you will need Origin anyway to play the game

mginsburg
Rookie

Postby mginsburg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm

I just chatted with someone from EA and they said that it will not be on a disk and you need Origin to play the game. I don't want to play through Origin but just install it from a disk. Will keep playing Madden 08 with the mods. Thanks for all who keep that game going with the mods.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:47 pm

mginsburg wrote:I just chatted with someone from EA and they said that it will not be on a disk and you need Origin to play the game. I don't want to play through Origin but just install it from a disk. Will keep playing Madden 08 with the mods. Thanks for all who keep that game going with the mods.

As has been said many times on this site in the past, all EA games, not just Madden, require Origin. Every single one of them if they've been released within the last several years. It's a bit annoying (I myself prefer Steam), but that's the way it is.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:08 am

RevanFan wrote:
mginsburg wrote:I just chatted with someone from EA and they said that it will not be on a disk and you need Origin to play the game. I don't want to play through Origin but just install it from a disk. Will keep playing Madden 08 with the mods. Thanks for all who keep that game going with the mods.

As has been said many times on this site in the past, all EA games, not just Madden, require Origin. Every single one of them if they've been released within the last several years. It's a bit annoying (I myself prefer Steam), but that's the way it is.

And even if you buy a disk with the game, you will need sync him with the Origin...

BTW when starting the Franchise, now exists 2 modes (online and offline)...
the online mode autosave to the cloud after every play, a interesting feature

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:28 pm

achernar wrote:...the online mode autosave to the cloud after every play, a interesting feature

...until EA decides to shut down the server and make you sign up to the server that comes out with the new version of Madden.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:48 pm

elguapo wrote:
achernar wrote:...the online mode autosave to the cloud after every play, a interesting feature

...until EA decides to shut down the server and make you sign up to the server that comes out with the new version of Madden.

I was under the impression that you can play this game offline. Doesn't that mean that you don't need a connection to Origin after you have the game installed? Or do you have to log into Origin every time that you want to play the game?
You should be able to sever the connection with the Origin servers if you don't play with the internet on, correct?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:53 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
elguapo wrote:

I was under the impression that you can play this game offline. Doesn't that mean that you don't need a connection to Origin after you have the game installed? Or do you have to log into Origin every time that you want to play the game?
You should be able to sever the connection with the Origin servers if you don't play with the internet on, correct?

You have to log into Origin to play the game, but after you log into Origin, you can put it into "offline mode".
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:47 am

elguapo wrote:

Yes, this probably will happen... but my franchise shouldn't go more than 1 year...
I have unfinished things to do in Madden 08 hashsahashash

Return to “General Discussion”